MK2

Screen Shots, Videos, Media, OFF Posters

Thanks TaillyHo for the kudos on the paint. The Pup is a treat to fly and fight in, in particular after a stint in the DH2. And actually, Major Alberts had flown about 70 missions and earned several medals with 24 RFC before his transfer to 54, so not really a new pilot in terms of OFF. Also, good idea about the drinks Sir. Another round for everyone, on Kooksy of course!

:drinks:

Oh, good to hear - may I jouin you gentlemen at the bar?

70 plus missions is a stone-old veteran in OFF, compared to the majority here.

Congrats on that fine carreer; and may you enjoy the Pup, which is a joy to ride

after a DH-2, as I have experienced myself.

Good to see you here, Lou - arhm - Kooksy!

My First Albatros re-skin in ages

You're the "weather(ing) man", Widow! Well done! That is a fine red dragon you painted on that D.III ! :good:

You will soon get several factory-new Albatros D.V and D.Va in the download section.

They will almost scream for your front service weathering.

You're the "weather(ing) man", Widow! Well done! That is a fine red dragon you painted on that D.III ! :good:

You will soon get several factory-new Albatros D.V and D.Va in the download section.

They will almost scream for your front service weathering.

Looking forward to those m8! :drinks:

Good stuff Widow!

thank you...I'm doing a DVII...and then I will upload a four plane pack..the Alb..DVII, SE5a and Camel :drinks:

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

Very nice indeed Widowmaker! But then, I am partial to dragons on WWI aeroplanes. :grin:

Very nice indeed Widowmaker! But then, I am partial to dragons on WWI aeroplanes. :grin:

I thought of you when I decided upon a Dragon Lou....I was hoping you would comment!! :drinks:

Mais oui, mon ami! Also, I too am very fond of your weathering techniques. I've done similar on a few of my kites, but more often than not end up leaving them much closer to showroom new. Like Olham, I prefer to fly my bus when it's all shined up for the parade. Vanity, thy name is OFF Custom Skinning.

There are different likes about skins - factory-fresh or well cared for on the one side,

and battle-strained and weathered on the other. They all have their fans, and that's okay.

Personally, I find, that aircraft were not in service very long - Cole Palen's Albatros looked

so old, because it WAS really very old. If we watch the D.Va of "THE VINTAGE AVIATOR"

over the time, we may see, that it will still look pretty new after months - just because it is

getting well cared for. But as I said - everyone his own likes.

For those who like the factory-new ones, I will very soon release several Albatros D.V and D.Va,

as I had mentioned elsewere already. I'm in the final "battles" - the crosses on the rudder fin get

awfully distorted, which means, that I have to distort mine in the opposit way, to get them to look

right on the 3D model. Very straining stuff - changes, convert to DDS, start OFF, test-fly the skin,

take screenshots, and back to Photoshop to change the mistakes you found.

But after countless hours, I believe I have made skins which may even lure you into the cockpit

of an Albatros, RAF_Louvert.

And those who love weathering, can do anything on them they like. These are generic skins,

so everyone can attach their own designs, emblems or letters.

Here is another appetizer the D.Va with Lozenge fabric, built by OAW (Ostdeutsche Albatros-Werke).:

haha...beautiful looking Olham...but I can't wait to 'Rough her up' :rofl:

No problem, Widow - I would even like to see the results. It is not that I'd mind such weathering at all.

I may even make me some very battle-worn Albatros for Jasta that were very much in the line of fire,

like Jasta 4. So, feel free to do with it whatever you like . and please show a picture when you're ready.

By the way - the "rubbed-off" Iron Crosses on your Albatros are masterly, Sir.

Edited by Olham

Olham wrote:

But after countless hours, I believe I have made skins which may even lure you into the cockpit

of an Albatros, RAF_Louvert.

Oh, but I have been lured into the cockpit of an Albatros, mein freund:

OFF_Paul_Blum_AlbDII_01.jpg

Or rather Paul Blum has. :smile:

Gorgeous looking DVa OAW, Olham... :yes:

(I guess the serial, which is not valid, is probably a leftover from the DV template).

I too, like my skins a bit worn, but not in the condition Widowmaker prefers them...

I find his weathering overdone.

The planes look like ghosts that returned back from the dead and seek revenge!

Sorry, Widow...nice dragon on that D.III. :grin:

Edited by elephant

Gorgeous looking DVa OAW, Olham... :yes:

(I guess the serial, which is not valid, is probably a leftover from the DV template).

I too, like my skins a bit worn, but not in the condition Widowmaker prefers them...

I find his weathering overdone.

The planes look like ghosts that returned back from the dead and seek revenge!

Sorry, Widow...nice dragon on that D.III. :grin:

No offence taken...each to their own :drinks:

(the fuselage on the Alb is however untouched...As OvS is also keen on weathering effects, and did a magnificent job with all the Albs)

Actually these four aircraft are the only ones I've ever 'weathered'....All my other skins in the D/L section are as clean as a whistle....just learning still :grin:

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

That was a trick to find out, if Paul Blum is still alive & flying, Lou. And it worked! :grin:

Naw, I know you tried the D.II; now I need to lure you into the D.V or even the D.Va,

which is really outclassed by most enemy fighters at her time.

And there, I thought, such a neat new skin might come in handy!

My latest Einie-chaser . . .

With a bit of luck, you might start seeing a few more pics of this craft over on 'reports from the front', and that should make a change because at the moment they tend to only feature when they're on the receiving end (!) :cool:

post-63519-0-57512200-1309070746.jpg

What are you chasing the "Eini" with, TaillyHo - is that a DH-2 in the distance?

What are you chasing the "Eini" with, TaillyHo - is that a DH-2 in the distance?

Close Olham, but no banana. Think more like, a DH.2's older brother . . . :grin:

Yes, sure! A "Fee" it must be. The DH-2 doesn't have three vertical wing struts per side.

Yes gents, a Fee it is.

RFC-6 (where my current B.E2 pilot is) is to be re-equipped on 1 December 1915 with Fees. I think this is the earliest date you can get into one in OFF.

You have used the right techniques, theu - now you need to carefully compose and build a

real good poster type of cover. This is too much of a merge - the colours of planes and landscape

are too indifferent. A DVD cover is not very big, so it needs a clear composition, which is easy

and immediately to recognise in 1 second.

Sorry, didn't want to make it down; I'm a graphic designer, and you cannot imagine, how often

I had to realise, that something could be done even better; and then you start again.

So, if you like doing such stuff - why not have another go?

Wow, Olham, you seem to have managed to reply to my post while I was editing the cover out of it. What are the chances, eh? But many thanks for the comments! I always appreciate ideas on how to improve - especially from someone who is actually a professional in the subject. Perhaps I will have another go some time. We'll see. grin.gif