MK2

Screen Shots, Videos, Media, OFF Posters

Wow!...you know ... some of these screenshots (if developed into Coloured Plates) would make a fantastic pictorial History of WW1 aircraft!...now THAT would be a book I would buy!!

Lou, I am sorry but it seems I banged up the new paint job. You should have seen the other guy. Gotta love the new DM.

Crossbones

post-27090-1267042297153.jpg

Wow! That's what I call a stiff elevator cable! :grin:

Wow! That's what I call a stiff elevator cable! :grin:

They don't make them like they use to.:blink:

Crossbones

Something I knocked together as part of what is probably a futile attempt to create a new plane for us.

Olham will buy a beer for whoever can identify this POS drinks.gif

post-45917-12675942814841.jpg

Nah, that engine's lookin' better and better. I like it, unless the up close details are fubar, I think you're doin' a great job!

You've been running that engine rather hard. Cylinders look a bit scorched... drinks.gif

I'm rather short of money, so I better guess myself first: some type of Oberursel?

Damn, Bullethead, do you ever sleep?

Beer-brewing, flint-knapping, 3D-modelling - and all that besides your job

for that "Jutland" simulation! I feel old compared to you.

Is this still within the tolerable amount of polygons used?

And will you also build the aircraft to it?

My wager is an Siemens-Halske.grin.gif You lknow, whatever engine was in the diminutive little Siemens Shukkert with waaaay too many cylinders. I feel for you Bullet....a lot of work.

ZZ.

Edited by zoomzoom

More great screenies folks!

Crossbones, you are rather hard on your kite I must say. That's gonna take a fair amount of chewing gum and spit to repair.

Bullethead...sweet job! There's no place like Gnome, eh?

You've been running that engine rather hard. Cylinders look a bit scorched... drinks.gif

That's supposed to be the varnish of burnt castor oil. I've never seen a working rotary in real life, but this type was all bare metal like a model engine, so I varnished it like a model engine.

Damn, Bullethead, do you ever sleep?

No. I'm undead, you know grin.gif .

And will you also build the aircraft to it?

I started the airplane first, but I had to make the engine to make sure I was doing the cowling right. You can see how it's coming along in the OFF mod forum.

There's no place like Gnome, eh?

Thanks! I feel better about it now that I know it looks enough like the real thing to be recognized. See Olham for your drink drinks.gif

Some stirling work on that there engine BH... I admire you for taking on Modelling!...waaaay over my head!

Some stirling work on that there engine BH... I admire you for taking on Modelling!...waaaay over my head!

"Stirling" work instead of "sterling", eh? You don't know how literally correct you are there, sir, because I've got beaucoup Stirling blood in my viens. My ancestors started calling themselves that about 1746, in hopes of disguising the fact that they'd been on the losing side of the 1745 attempt to restore the legitimate ruling house of the UK. Prior to that, they'd been Skirlings, but with the bagpipe classified as a treasonous weapon of war at the time, you can see why a good Jacobite piping family might want to change its name to something a wee bit less seditious, but still rather patriotic. Around Arbroath, you can still see a few tombstones from just before the Rising with the original "k" replaced by a "t" in hopes of proving we'd always been "Stirlings" and to keep Grandpa's remains from being desecrated by the damned sassenachs. And it worked. Instead of all being hanged, a few of us were deported this way. And thus I exist to trouble the world today lol.gif .

To the King! drinks.gif (with "over the water" implied by holding my glass over scotch whisky over my glass of water as I say this).

Surely, living where you do, you can understand grin.gif .

But anyway, 3D modeling is like skinning, at which you're an expert. Remember when you 1st started skinning and had the tools but didn't know how to use them properly? Same thing. So give it a go. If I can produce semi-recogniseable results even when mostly drunk, surely a more experienced drinker like yourself should have no trouble figuring out Gmax drinks.gif

Edited by Bullethead

Yeah, some colour combinations didn't look too good. Mostly with the later coming Jastas;

they didn't have the more obvious choices anymore, which were already used.

Bit of early war action... 'The Fokker Scourge'

Fokker Scourge.jpg

Salute.gif

Yeah, some colour combinations didn't look too good. Mostly with the later coming Jastas;

they didn't have the more obvious choices anymore, which were already used.

Salute.gif Some one said that "Less was More". I think that line of reasoning could have been applied here.grin.gif

On patrol down south..... post-45885-12680399934875.jpg

post-45885-12680400018415.jpg

Nice screenies, as always folks. Red-Dog, great "mood" in those two shots in the Alsace. I started a campaign down there myself yesterday with a French escadrille in the spring of 1916 flying N11's. I love the mountains.

:rofl: Not so easy to get these to burn - they usually fall apart too early. :rofl:

They do fly apart wingmates kill

URL=http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&img=11615]gallery_50835_358_62799.jpg[/url]rofl.gif