MK2

Screen Shots, Videos, Media, OFF Posters

Never ceases to amaze me the amount of superb screenshots created by our OFF flyers. First-rate, CJ. good.gif

Just posted some screen shots from a MP online flight over in the multiplayer forum. It was a beautiful area to fly in - part of N. Italy. Mission courtesy of Sweeteye. If any of you are sitting on the fence about MP, you should give it a try. Very good group and lots of fun stand-alone missions flown cooperatively with the other live players on your wing...an entirely different feel than playing alone.

Edited by VonGuber

Terrific shots CamelJockey. That first one is amazing. And you could almost add a caption to the second:

"I sure wish I'd stayed as a chauffer" :grin:

Hey, I didn't know we had a map as far as northern Italy, von Guber!

Great pictures, nice area!

So, would it be possible to involve N Italy into a future OFF version?

Austria vs Italy??

Would be great - Albatros D III OEFAG !

Olham, I built the "Alpine Mission" and posted it months ago in our downloads section. You get to fly all over the Alps and northern Italy in that one. smile.gif

Ah, I see - but the landscapes, are they from CFS3?

Olham, from what I've seen flying over that section of the map it all looks good. Only thing is that you have to add the various airfields and installations as it is an "empty" landscape in terms of those items. But it looks great flying over the mountains. You should try it sometime. Assign yourself to one of the southernmost jastas and fly SSE into Italy from there.

Looking so great indeed, Lou! Oh, I hope some day we will also have Austrian and Italian squadrons.

OOO...Gonna give it a go!..whats the Best Jasta?

Me too Olham. I would love the chance to lead a squadrillia of Caproni Ca.3 bombers north to wreak havoc on some Hun real estate, (in a kinder, gentler, more politically correct way of course).

biggrin.gif

And WM, you should give it a go Sir. The Italian vino is as fine as the scenery.

BTW, Jasta 78b gets you way down there, and if you like you can fly as far south as the straits between Corsica and Sardinia.

RAF_Louvert: I would love the chance to lead a squadrillia of Caproni Ca.3 bombers north to wreak havoc on some Hun real estate

Yeah, and I would love to fly an Albatros D III OEFAG and shoot your lot down, before you can do so. :grin:

BTW, did the Italians have good own fighter craft?

PS: we're hijacking this thread. perhaps we should start a new one called

"Flying over Italy" ?

Edited by Olham

Olham, a lot of the Italian groups flew the Hanriot HD.1 which was a better aircraft than the N17, IMHO.

And yes, it would be the polite thing to start a new thread and let this one return to it's regularly scheduled screenshots.

Now then, as to you shooting me and my Capronis down, well we shall see about that, good Sir. :biggrin:

Hi everybody,

finally managed to read the tutorial of Gous on how to skin for OFF and I thought I´ll give it a try. So here it is, my very first skin, quite blue, meant to be used for my german campaigns for me and my Jasta mates. It´s made so bright for easy recon during furball fights and it´s doing what is supposed to. Took the screenshot during my first mission with this skin and then "played" a bit with Photoshop, just to give a nice feeling.

Any feedback is welcomed, Anastasios

albatros1.jpg

Hi everybody,

finally managed to read the tutorial of Gous on how to skin for OFF and I thought I´ll give it a try. So here it is, my very first skin, quite blue, meant to be used for my german campaigns for me and my Jasta mates. It´s made so bright for easy recon during furball fights and it´s doing what is supposed to. Took the screenshot during my first mission with this skin and then "played" a bit with Photoshop, just to give a nice feeling.

Any feedback is welcomed, Anastasios

albatros1.jpg

My favorite colour. A real beauty. Nice work

Lt. Josef von Feuervogel is back! I had to land at that aerodrome to curse at those ground gunners for putting holes in my plane!

post-45778-12643974069825.jpg

post-45778-12643975025678.jpg

post-45778-12643975592457.jpg

post-45778-12643976109602.jpg

post-45778-12643976301852.jpg

post-45778-12643976436666.jpg

Wow, nice shots, Cameljockey! Great to see you back with your Firebird!

Just thought: wouldn't the cowling be hotter in orange-red?

Thanks Ras, very kind of you. I´m thinking of starting a series of such "screenshots" , maybe in another thread, because of the heavy post processing. It´s not pure screenshot so maybe doesn´t belong here anyway. 

Anastasios.

Nice work itfonhom :grin:. You make the tutorial author proud. And that's some interesting effect on PS indeed.

Wow, nice shots, Cameljockey! Great to see you back with your Firebird!

Just thought: wouldn't the cowling be hotter in orange-red?

Orange-red would be okay, but I think I prefer the chrome!

Final Sunset

OFF_DID_Final_Sunset.jpg

I took this one during my latest DID mission. It was a rather moving fight as we danced across the darkening skies, above the frozen earth, in the glow of day's end. My brave opponent ultimately shared the same fate as that dying sun, and I gave him a somber salute as I watched him fall.

Wonderful screenshots, everyone!

And yes, it is the most wonderful WW1 air combat sim.

All of you, who haven't tried it yet but do like the idea of flying and fighting

in the early war birds - I highly recommend it to you.

To all names new to me here:

Compared to most other stuff one buys through the years, plays for short time

and forgets about, "Over Flanders Fields" is like buying gold.

Keeps it's value!

But, MK2: ...it is NOT a game! :cool:

Edited by Olham

So my pals from Jasta 5 flying Alb DII's were on a recon mission when I spotted our flak peppering the sky. Closer exam showed 3 FE-2s and one Pup daring to enter the Fatherland's sky! I ordered my wingies to go for the FE's, I figured I could keep up with one Pup...

Well, that was about all I did. He kept up with me, I kept up with him, no advantage going to either...

Until 2 of my wingmen returned to the fray! drinks.gif

So the Pup got distracted and I got busy; First time I've blown an enemy engine out of his ship!

Later on ran across BE-2c. I Hate to admit I didn't even feel guilty about beating up on an unarmed two seater!

Tally ho and happy OFFing!

post-45974-12648201535155.jpg

post-45974-12648202496244.jpg

Just became an ace, so I made my first paint scheme. Hopefully this guy will stay alive long enough to have people see it!

CFS32010-01-3014-18-36-46.png