MK2

Screen Shots, Videos, Media, OFF Posters

"I love a man with a close shave. Makes me want to drink and do foolish and naughty things."

olga_01.jpg

I have it on good authority (mine) that's she a Hun spy. But never you mind, I'll have her shot directly. Now where did I put my pistol? It's one of those clever American automatics, too, had to trade a yank four bottles of cognac that I pinched from a French lorry that overturned in a ditch after I flew right over his head and scared the daylights out of him. Well never mind, just have my fighter wheeled out and we'll use the Vickers.

Edited by Launchbury

Rabu,

I just downloaded your great posters, and I'll print them up when I get home (at work at the moment, with a B&W printer only)

In two weeks time the Australian Society of WW1 Aero Historians is having one of our quarterly meetings, and on this meeting we have organised an Art & Modelling Show.

We have had many entrants in the modelling field so far, but very few Art entrants. I have gone all out preparing for this, as this is the first Show that I'm organising as Vice President (Special Projects). Usually it has been the Vice President (Administration) that has organised these shows (John Goble, son of Stanley James Goble, RNAS 8 Ace and a Squadron Commander).

I have downloaded all the "Ace Skins" that our members have posted here, and all the "screenshots" that they have posted as well, and will place them on a laptop displaying them as a slideshow for decorative purposes. This will also (I hope) ellicit a fair few OOHS! and AAHS! from the members who don't fly sims (and those that did, and still think RB is the state of the art graphics).

Hopefully, this will generate some interest. I was going to just print out an information-type sheet on OFF and leave them next to the laptop for anyone who might be interested, but these posters will be ideal to place as a backdrop, and good decoration for the display.

Here are selected shots from past few days:

and today flying for Jasta 19 in March of 1917 (taken with ENBseries plugin dll):

Wow, the second shot is great - altough it always hurts me, to see an Albatros getting shot at...

Wow, the second shot is great - altough it always hurts me, to see an Albatros getting shot at...

I have to agree the second shot is fab! Very nice Stary.

thanks guys. I like such zoomed in shots. I almost collided with my flight leader's wingman chasing that Albatross.

reason for edit: small typo

Edited by Stary

Steve: That sounds great! Let us know how the show goes and take some pix.

A big S! to you, and thanks. :good:

Echo...screenie 2 is superb

This is from a QC flight where I was testing another revision to my DM. I title these two screenies as, "A very bad day at the office!"

gallery_45803_271_233789.jpg

gallery_45803_271_9309.jpg

Interestingly, I did not immediately get kicked back to the debrief screen and I eventually wound up crashing into the ground. Perhaps a change implemented in 1.31L? If so, good show, OBD!

Edited by Herr Prop-Wasche

Trying to keep these pilots alive is tough! One time I'm blowing wings off of a FE2b, the next I'm colliding with another plane (do I get credit for ramming?)!

post-51131-1248417470_thumb.jpg

post-51131-1248417478_thumb.jpg

Hey, wow!!! These damaged wings look really detailed!

I didn't know the damage was made so well visible! Great work!

Stunning pics. Was the Damage Modeling updated? I'll have to check the site for updates I guess.

Please help. I noticed the scale on the "Radar" in 1 pic was scaled to 4 miles. I remember being able to change the scale a long time ago but I just can not remember the key command and I can not find the reference to it anywhere.

I think, it's Ctrl. + Shift + T

If it doesn't work, check Homeboy's keychart; it's in the Sticky Threads.

I've never posted pictures before--so here goes my first try

my brush with death. this Camel was pressing his attack SO close that we clipped each other's wings.

Hey, Red Dog - good you're back in the air!

Waldemar, you seem to have "big fun", eyh? Makes me want to fly in a two-seater,

just for the team spirit.

Had the 'full horror' yesterday. Spending a little time 'on the dark side' with MFJ1 to see what the RNAS is like from the German perspective.

First mission is an aerodrome scramble against FE2bs at altitude. We finally made it to 8000 ft in our Albatros DIIs and I manoeuvered on the tail of one of the Tommies and hammered him well, smack in the Beardmore. The Pilot screams, the FE bursts into flames and both Pilot and Observer leap to their deaths. Latched onto another and it happened again... have to say I felt quite the butcher.

Here's the first... I was too stunned by the second to take a good screenshot.

FE2b_Bail_Out.jpg

Edited by Dej

Yes, Dej, I know what you mean.

Fees are an easy prey, but it feels terrible to butcher them like that.

So much indeed, that I once wrote a post about it in "Reports from the Front":

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?s=&am...st&p=308042

I don't like two-seater attacks; only the Bristol can fight and defend itself.

Oh me oh my - what happened between picture 4 and 5?

Did the Albatros lure you into a Flak burst? And did that monoplane still fly?

It does look like I had the upper hand but then in pusuit of pics I got too close and... viola, ricketycrate.

Perhaps you express it more heroic: "I rammed him out of the sky!"

Perhaps you express it more heroic: "I rammed him out of the sky!"

Well, if I had survived the crash and inferno I would have been in a better condition to brag.

Hahaha!!! Now I see your "cockpit" in my mind; and if I remember it right, there was

a bottle with "Pilot's Comfort" near the monitor. I think, now might be the time to have

a drop of "fluid optimism", to wash away the castor oil.

And tomorrow, you'll climb into another crate and try again. (Ever tried the Brisfit?)