Sign in to follow this  
Siggi

Hard-up for TiR?

The recession sucks.

I gave my old TiR1 and TiR2 to fellow squad-members some while back, my brother got the TiR3 but didn't get on with it so it's back on my shelf. Apparently an 'expansion pack' can be had for it which'll turn it into a 6DoF unit (you'd be on your own with that).

I've already tried a couple of other chaps, via email (no reply) and PM (was able to afford one, just doesn't know if it's worth it yet). I've trawled through various TiR posts to try and find somebody else, but no joy.

So it's up for grabs to any OFF P3 member of the community here who finds the price of a new one a bit rich, on the understanding of course that it'd be similarly passed on if/when the recipient goes for a TiR4. :yes:

The first PM gets it, OFF P3 owners and forum members only. :good:

The recession sucks.

I gave my old TiR1 and TiR2 to fellow squad-members some while back, my brother got the TiR3 but didn't get on with it so it's back on my shelf. Apparently an 'expansion pack' can be had for it which'll turn it into a 6DoF unit (you'd be on your own with that).

I've already tried a couple of other chaps, via email (no reply) and PM (was able to afford one, just doesn't know if it's worth it yet). I've trawled through various TiR posts to try and find somebody else, but no joy.

So it's up for grabs to any OFF P3 member of the community here who finds the price of a new one a bit rich, on the understanding of course that it'd be similarly passed on if/when the recipient goes for a TiR4. :yes:

Uncommonly Generous of you Siggi old chap! (if I didn't have one myself, I would snap ya hand off)

Bags first dibs when you have TiR4 going spare once TiR5 comes out!....lol

The recession sucks.

You're a prince, Siggi! :notworthy::drinks:

It's entirely selfish I'm afraid.

a) I get a kick when somebody else gets a kick.

b) I hate waste.

c) It makes me look good.

d) It's worth bugger-all anyway.

Altruism deconstructed 101. :rofl:

As no one asked for it yet, I'd like to make a demand for someone else.

I know, that RICKITYCRATE wanted one very much, but he is at work now and can't take chances.

May I ask you for him, instead?

As no one asked for it yet, I'd like to make a demand for someone else.

I know, that RICKITYCRATE wanted one very much, but he is at work now and can't take chances.

May I ask you for him, instead?

That sounds ideal. Nobody's PM'd me yet, so I'll put it on hold for him. :good:

Thanks a lot, Siggi - I'm sure it won't be wasted on him.

And I'll write him a message.

I vote for Rickitycrate too!...He's an all round Good Egg!!! :good:

Oh you guys, what can i possibly say... thanks so much for looking out for me. I can hardly believe it though. I loook forward to a much improved experience in OFF. I'm speechless really... so many thanks...what a great forum

This might be the makings of a good program. I myself have been the lucky recipient of hardware from some of the members here and have passed it on whenever I upgrade. Start sort of a "Salvation Air Force", open to Combat Ace members (OFFers in particular, but use your own discretion) aimed at helping fellow simmers get the most enjoyment out of the OFF BH&H experience. Just a thought.

CJ

I agree Camel jockey. For example I just sent a forum member a nice book that I had 2 copies of and was happy to do it knowing it would be read and appreciated. I also have a Sidewinder Force Feedback joystick maybe someone could use?

I agree Camel jockey. For example I just sent a forum member a nice book that I had 2 copies of and was happy to do it knowing it would be read and appreciated. I also have a Sidewinder Force Feedback joystick maybe someone could use?

I don't have much hardware left, just an Antec 550w PSU, a 2.8Ghz Pentium 4, an ECS GeForce 7600GS 256Mb graphics card, and a couple of stock Intel CPU coolers.

Actually, I've never used a FFB stick. At present I use a CH Combatstick 568 non FFB. Send me a PM and let's parley. :type:

CJ

Edited by Cameljockey

Hey, Siggi

Hope, this doesn't get too "nice & friendly" for your calibre.

You're a well regarded gentleman here now, I'd say - if you like it or not. (Hehe!!)

Hey, Siggi

Hope, this doesn't get too "nice & friendly" for your calibre.

You're a well regarded gentleman here now, I'd say - if you like it or not. (Hehe!!)

I'm rooting through the cupboard marked "Brutal Cynical Retorts", but it's one of those remarkably rare occasions when I can't bring myself to deploy one (gentle soul that you are).

"Bollocks" will have to suffice. :wink:

Such a lovely sight. :smile: Wish I had hardware to give as well but unfortunately, I dont..

damn...and id have flashed my breasts for it..lol.

and a quick change of subject...(sorry)...it been since couple a weeks and still waiting for my off bhh dvd to be deliverd..i know it can take awhile,but is this time about right for delivery to uk.?

xx vanessa x

Edited by racindriver1

and a quick change of subject...(sorry)...it been since couple a weeks and still waiting for my off bhh dvd to be deliverd..i know it can take awhile,but is this time about right for delivery to uk.?

xx vanessa x

Ahem!

I waited the best part of four weeks for mine but that was anomalous I think, coinciding as it did with the UK grinding to a halt under four inches of snow!

xx vanessa x

Eee! What can I get for two rhubarb-custards and last weeks Beano?! :buba:

Edited by Siggi

xx vanessa x

SHEEET!.... I will dig out an old TrackIR for that!!! :yes:

Haha! I pinched myself not to write that, Widow, but had the same thought, I admit.

Vanessa - you're getting us pretty mixed up here! (Lol!)

Hear ye, hear ye! I've got a Saitek Cyborg Evo NFFB twist stick if anyone in North America is interested. No charge. I'm on a fixed income and won't be able to mail it until the 3rd of April. Answer here or shoot me a pm.

CJ

I think we should have a "swap shop" sticky or whatever somewhere in our nice new digs.