Sign in to follow this  

Hawk SAM Sites  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Does cgold's Hawk SAM Site mod work? I'm trying to figure out if I need to fix and re-release them or just to leave them alone.

• Yes, leave them alone.
    • No, update please!

I don't know how realistic these hawks are. They seem a tad overpowered for a missile system that we retired, but that's just a guess.

so you have now working hawks ???? i never spoke of realistic hawk only working ones :biggrin:

when I fly a SU-27 or MiG-29 I usually make sure Im armed with adders or archers.that takes care of Air to air.

then in the case of the SU-30 ive increased internal ecm strength to 90.

We will get some nice working hawk sites?! That`s great, cause I was alsways only hit by SAM`s and some Stingers when flying red. Great effect in this game is, you can evade missiles! A early IR was shot at my six, I saw it just in time and made a role, and that missile flew straight under me, exact on the path my plane was a second before.

so you have now working hawks ???? i never spoke of realistic hawk only working ones :biggrin:

Thank you Ravenclaw_007, your mod is outstanding. I also installed the updated chaparral and stinger sites from the new mirage factory pack, with bloodhounds and bomarc's in the mix as well.

finally blue side is as well defended as red side.

just in case you like more working sams on the blue side , if you need a working NIKE here you can get it :biggrin:

open your weapondata and replace the existing entry with the one from the Nike.rar or your nike will hit nothing :rolleyes:

It was more of a side note. I'm very happy that we have working hawks. I'm sorry if that came across poorly.

Great job! :biggrin:

I have fixed the MIM-23 (Iranian aerial Hawk missile) since the last set of patches was uploaded. I am still working on how to get the ground to air Hawks to work, or at least, show up.

You know, I don't think it's that there are no working blue SAM's out there. It's more a matter of people (including me) not knowing exactly where to go to find them and what needs to be done to get them working. Would it be possible to put a "Blue SAM's" tutorial in the Knowledge Base? It would include:

Links for the correct launcher downloads

Weapondata.ini entries required

terrain _targets.ini and _types.ini entries required

A big deterrent for me is the _targets.ini update required. An even better idea (but more work for someone) would be to create an all inclusive Blue SAM's mod for download. It would include all the correct and updated launchers, weapons, and a Germany CE (maybe Desert as well) targets.ini with the SAM sites added. I know there's a NATO air defense mod that's close to this, but I never got it to work.

Normally, I would say folks can do the homework themselves and get things working, but the Blue SAM's seem to come up over and over again, so maybe something more is requried...?

What do you think?

*edit* - I believe the WOE (NATO) Air Defense mod adds a belt of SAM's along the front line, which may be more realistic. But, in terms of how WOE works, is not really effective. We would need SAM sites around airfields and other target areas.

Edited by malibu43

You know, I don't think it's that there are no working blue SAM's out there. It's more a matter of people (including me) not knowing exactly where to go to find them and what needs to be done to get them working. Would it be possible to put a "Blue SAM's" tutorial in the Knowledge Base? It would include:

Links for the correct launcher downloads

Weapondata.ini entries required

terrain _targets.ini and _types.ini entries required

A big deterrent for me is the _targets.ini update required. An even better idea (but more work for someone) would be to create an all inclusive Blue SAM's mod for download. It would include all the correct and updated launchers, weapons, and a Germany CE (maybe Desert as well) targets.ini with the SAM sites added. I know there's a NATO air defense mod that's close to this, but I never got it to work.

Normally, I would say folks can do the homework themselves and get things working, but the Blue SAM's seem to come up over and over again, so maybe something more is requried...?

What do you think?

I think that's a great idea. I know we have a lot of great blue SAMs like the Nike, Hawks, Bomarks and bloodhounds. But its a lot of work to get them up and running. If there was at least a good tutorial on modifying the targets.ini that would be a huge help.

If you want Blue sams then unless one likes FSX type of flying Blue missiles should be corrected to believable values aka toned down by 50% lol Not to mention adjusting introducition years....

Hey, just be happy the hawks are back. We can tweak the numbers as we go. No doubt they are over powered, but it is a very good start.

On a related note, I'm willing to sit down and tweak the numbers to make the hawks more realistic for a future mod. I have free time, so i can do the tedious work of testing and re-testing if anyone wants to go ahead with this.

If you want Blue sams then unless one likes FSX type of flying Blue missiles should be corrected to believable values aka toned down by 50% lol Not to mention adjusting introducition years....

i never spoke of realistic hawk only working ones i hope you dont mind and it took me some time to get them where they are now so please try your self to make them more realistic :wink:

Hawk's been working for me for a loooooong time.

as to figureing out 'target placements', may I suggest "copy/paste"??? :wink: Every modern terrain mod I've done contains HAWK batteries.

and as to figuring out HOW to place targets you might want to look in the downloads section, under "Ships" for my shipwreck object. there's a nice illustrated tutorial on how to place objects.

Where, is up to you. But follow a logical pattern. Think in layers

one just needs to look...

wrench

kevin stein

just in case you like more working sams on the blue side , if you need a working NIKE here you can get it :biggrin:

open your weapondata and replace the existing entry with the one from the Nike.rar or your nike will hit nothing :rolleyes:

I have a Nike/Hercules problem. the only thing that shows up is the launcher. i have the Hercules lods. the weapon data has entries for both Nike_Ajax and MIM-14, they both use the hercules lod.:

[WeaponData803]

TypeName=NIKE_AJAX

FullName=MIM-14 Nike Hercules (T45 wh)

ModelName=Hercules

Mass=2287.000000

Diameter=0.844000

Length=12.379000

SubsonicDragCoeff=0.120000

SupersonicDragCoeff=0.222000

AttachmentType=

SpecificStationCode=

NationName=US ARMY

StartYear=1959

EndYear=1994------------------ my change exparemental

Availability=2

BaseQuantity=18

Exported=FALSE

ExportStartYear=0

ExportEndYear=0

ExportAvailability=0

WeaponDataType=1

RailLaunched=FALSE

RocketPod=FALSE

Retarded=FALSE

FinStabilized=TRUE

SpinStabilized=FALSE

HasGrowl=FALSE

EffectClassName=SAMAirburstEffect

ReleaseDelay=600.000000

WarheadType=0

Explosives=273.000000

FusingDistance=1000.000000

ClusterBomblets=0

ClusterDispersion=0.000000

GuidanceType=12

Accuracy=80

MaxTurnRate=15.000000

MaxLaunchG=0.000000

LockonChance=80

LaunchReliability=95

ArmingTime=6.000000

SeekerFOV=120.000000

SeekerGimbleLimit=180.000000

SeekerTrackRate=11.000000

SeekerRange=140000.000000

MinLaunchRange=10000.000000

MaxLaunchRange=140000.000000

Duration=120.000000

CounterCountermeasure=50.000000

NoiseRejection=50.000000

CapabilityFlags=0x100000ae

LoftAngle=0.000000

DescentAngle=0.000000

MaxLoftAltitude=0.000000

CLmax=14.000000

MinFreq=0.000000

MaxFreq=0.000000

BoosterStart=0.000000

BoosterDuration=5.000000

BoosterAccel=30.000000

BoosterEffectName=LargeMissileFireEffect

BoosterSoundName=Missile

BoosterNodeName=booster

BoosterPosition=0.000000,-5.761000,0.000000

SustainerDuration=30.000000

SustainerAccel=10.000000

SustainerEffectName=SAMFlightEffect

SustainerSoundName=MissileEngine

SustainerPosition=0.000000,-1.885000,0.000000

InFlightEffectName=SAMFlightEffect

InFlightSoundName=MissileEngine

ReleaseAnimationID=-1

EODisplayFlags=0

CEP=0.000000

[WeaponData804]

TypeName=MIM-14A

FullName=MIM-14 Nike Hercules (T45 wh)

ModelName=Hercules

Mass=2287.000000

Diameter=0.844000

Length=12.379000

SubsonicDragCoeff=0.120000

SupersonicDragCoeff=0.222000

AttachmentType=

SpecificStationCode=

NationName=US ARMY

StartYear=1959

EndYear=1994

Availability=2

BaseQuantity=18

Exported=TRUE

ExportStartYear=1962

ExportEndYear=1978

ExportAvailability=1

WeaponDataType=1

RailLaunched=FALSE

RocketPod=FALSE

Retarded=FALSE

FinStabilized=TRUE

SpinStabilized=FALSE

HasGrowl=FALSE

EffectClassName=SAMAirburstEffect

ReleaseDelay=600.000000

WarheadType=0

Explosives=273.000000

FusingDistance=200.000000

ClusterBomblets=0

ClusterDispersion=0.000000

GuidanceType=12

Accuracy=80

MaxTurnRate=15.000000

MaxLaunchG=0.000000

LockonChance=80

LaunchReliability=95

ArmingTime=6.000000

SeekerFOV=120.000000

SeekerGimbleLimit=180.000000

SeekerTrackRate=11.000000

SeekerRange=140000.000000

MinLaunchRange=10000.000000

MaxLaunchRange=140000.000000

Duration=120.000000

CounterCountermeasure=50.000000

NoiseRejection=50.000000

CapabilityFlags=0x100000ae

LoftAngle=0.000000

DescentAngle=0.000000

MaxLoftAltitude=0.000000

CLmax=14.000000

MinFreq=0.000000

MaxFreq=0.000000

BoosterStart=0.000000

BoosterDuration=5.000000

BoosterAccel=30.000000

BoosterEffectName=LargeMissileFireEffect

BoosterSoundName=Missile

BoosterNodeName=booster

BoosterPosition=0.000000,-5.761000,0.000000

SustainerDuration=30.000000

SustainerAccel=10.000000

SustainerEffectName=SAMFlightEffect

SustainerSoundName=MissileEngine

SustainerPosition=0.000000,-1.885000,0.000000

InFlightEffectName=SAMFlightEffect

InFlightSoundName=MissileEngine

ReleaseAnimationID=-1

EODisplayFlags=0

CEP=0.000000

I have no missiles visible with the original data, although invisible missiles would launch, I thought i had missing lod but it seems to be there.

I tried the updated launcher ini data from the DBS mod... no luck. then i tried the new data you have posted...still no missiles

here is the launchers ini:

[MissionData]

NationName=WGermany

ServiceStartYear=1954

ServiceEndYear=1994

GroundObjectRole=STATIC_AAA

Availability=COMMON

Exported=TRUE

ExportStartYear=1954

ExportAvailability=RARE

[GroundObjectData]

DamagedModel=

DestroyedModel=NIKE_launcher_destroyed.LOD

DestroyedEffect=LargeExplosionEffect

EmptyMass=3600.00

Component[001]=Launcher

[DetectSystem]

TargetType=AIR

RadarSearchTime=5.0

RadarTrackTime=2.0

RadarTrackRange=278881.0

RadarSearchRange=278881.0

RadarTrackStrength=200.0

RadarPosition=0.0, 0.50 ,1.5

RadarMinimumRange=100.0

RadarMinimumAlt=50.0

DataLink=TRUE

;NetworkType=Nike

OpticalSight=TRUE

NightSight=TRUE

VisualRange=5000.0

ViewportPosition=0.0, 0.0 ,2.28

RadarCrossSection=25.0

MaxVisibleDistance=4800.0

RadarCrossSection=8

[WeaponSystem]

TargetType=AIR

MissileRange=278881.0

MinMissileRange=10000.000000

PitchAngleRate=8

MaxPitch=80.0

MinPitch=0.0

DefaultPitchAngle=30.0

YawAngleRate=

YawLimited=

MinYaw=

MaxYaw=

DefaultYawAngle=0

RangeFinder=5

BallisticComputer=1

MissileLaunchTime=2.0

YawModelNodeName=

PitchModelNodeName=rail

[Launcher]

ModelNodeName=legs

MaxExtentPosition= 2.39, 4.20, 1.72

MinExtentPosition=-2.39,-4.70, 0.00

HasArmor=FALSE

SystemName[001]=Missile

[Missile]

SystemType=MISSILE

MissileID=1

WeaponTypeName=MIM-14A ----------------- this line i changed to match weapons entrie 804 when the first lines for 803 did not work

//NIKE_AJAX

WeaponPosition=0.00,3.95,2.06

ShowMissile=TRUE

IndependentPitchMovement=TRUE

img00074.jpg">

any suggestions?

Edited by Icarus999

try this

this is the complete nike launcher and missile as it is in my woe installation the launcher go´s to the groundobjects and the hercules folder to your weapons folder replace the original entry in your weapons data with the one from the Nike.rar

hope that helps

ps. this is not a realistic NIKE but a working one :wink:

try this

this is the complete nike launcher and missile as it is in my woe installation the launcher go´s to the groundobjects and the hercules folder to your weapons folder replace the original entry in your weapons data with the one from the Nike.rar

hope that helps

ps. this is not a realistic NIKE but a working one :wink:

That fixed it, seems my Hercules lod . was a different Hercules model but my Hercules2 lod was the same as yours, not sure how that happened but its all fixed now.

Thanks for the help it is much appreciated. And don't worry if it is not "realistic" It works!!!! Before you helped us out it did not, so you wont hear any complaining from me.

Edited by Icarus999

i never spoke of realistic hawk only working ones i hope you dont mind and it took me some time to get them where they are now so please try your self to make them more realistic :wink:

This wasn't directed to you hehe. I made my Hawks work great but noticed they are a real nightmare so I went digging the wep pack a bit...

For example the "K" version which was a 1995 upgrade had a starting year of 1959 in-game, actually all Hawks did :)

So basically I just wanted people to know numbers should be tweaked a bit because sooner or later they would start wondering where's that nightmare coming form ;-)

Hawk's been working for me for a loooooong time.

as to figureing out 'target placements', may I suggest "copy/paste"??? :wink: Every modern terrain mod I've done contains HAWK batteries.

and as to figuring out HOW to place targets you might want to look in the downloads section, under "Ships" for my shipwreck object. there's a nice illustrated tutorial on how to place objects.

Where, is up to you. But follow a logical pattern. Think in layers

one just needs to look...

wrench

kevin stein

It's not so much that I don't know how to place targets, but more that I don't think I'll ever have the time to place dozens of SAM sites throughout the GermanyCE terrain and then double check the positioning of each one to ensure it's not in a city or on a river.

Maybe the easiest way would be to find positioning for the radar and launchers relative to an airfield. If you position them right, maybe that positioning could work for all the different types of airfields. Then you could just copy and past those target lines to the bottom of the all the friendly airfields in the targets.ini.

Wrench, would you mind sharing your GermanyCE_targets.ini (assuming that one has Hawks added?

Been flying too close to the sun, lately, Icarus? :biggrin:

In the immortal words of Crocodile Dundee (sort of) "That's not a Nike site......Now, this is a real Nike site........" :wink:

Nike1.jpg

SAM2.jpg

Since it's already out in another terrain set, I'm sure that Messieurs Wrench and ErikGen won't get too angry at me if upload it separately, with coords, for WoE.

I've got the community weapons pack and Nike missiles aren't included. I checked the downloads section and didn't find any. Can someone point me in the right direction?

EDIT:

Nvm, I checked page 2. Thanks again!

Edited by zmatt

Malibu's testing a mod for me. When properly placed and setup as batteries (both Hawk & Nike), you often get an outcome such as this early 1970's scenario...

Hawks_n_Nikes.JPG

They look pretty effective. When is this mod due out? A comprehensive Blue SAM mod would be a great and long needed addition.

When is this mod due out?

As soon as I get permission from the two devs responsible for it. The Nike site is a fixed battery that must be hand placed in a flat terrain area. I used data from Google Earth to locate and place two Nike and Hawk batteries in and around Bremerhaven and Cuxhaven. Both are effective against non-ECM equipped aircarft (you'll note that the Hawk is an "A" model), and their respective weapondata entries are based on real-world performance values. The Nike battery will launch at (and reach) targets over 70 NM away.

Sounds awesome, does it come with the necessary .ini's?

malibu: I actually DON'T have one for GermanyCE (hard as that might be to believe...), but look around for Nick Bell's air defense mod for WoE, somewhere waaaaayyyy down the list, hopefully in the terrain mods section...

He placed the historical locations for NATO HAWK batteries, as that was once his Real Life ™ job. (he worked HAWKS)

wrench

kevin stein