Sign in to follow this  
phoenixhawk13

another new player to OFF

Hello gentlemen -

I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself, since I've been quietly lurking for a couple of weeks. I just received received my copy of BH&H last night, and flew my first mission (FRE Nieuport17 11/1/16).

This has surpassed my every expectation and hope; this sim is everything I had dared to dream it would be, and I've only just scratched the surface (I never even saw combat in my 72 minute run last night...). From the sirens to the distant boom of flak to my horrified fleeing away from German lines with three Halberstadt DII's trying in vain to catch my nimble bird to the relief of finally putting her back on the ground...the entire experience was simply that: an experience.

Thank you to the OFF team for the obvious passion and respect they have for the subject and time. This has obviously been a labor of love and it shows in all the details. I can't wait for the thrill of my first kill. Or even to know how Adjutant Thierry Renoit will eventually die. Because I have no illusions that he'll be home for Christmas come December 1918 :)

Thanks also to the community out here; this kind of support and the courtesy I've borne witness to among the members on this board was instrumental in my decision to purchase OFF:BH&H. You fellows are gentlemen to the last, and I sincerely hope to have the opportunity to fly with some or all of you online sometime in the future.

Kindest regards, I am looking forward to all that this promises.

- phoenixhawk13

Welcome phoenixhawk13, great to hear people enjoying OFF in the way it was meant to be - thanks for the comments.

Glad the guys in the forum behaved themselves too :) well done to the guys n gals.

Hello gentlemen -

I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself, since I've been quietly lurking for a couple of weeks. I just received received my copy of BH&H last night, and flew my first mission (FRE Nieuport17 11/1/16).

This has surpassed my every expectation and hope; this sim is everything I had dared to dream it would be, and I've only just scratched the surface (I never even saw combat in my 72 minute run last night...). From the sirens to the distant boom of flak to my horrified fleeing away from German lines with three Halberstadt DII's trying in vain to catch my nimble bird to the relief of finally putting her back on the ground...the entire experience was simply that: an experience.

Thank you to the OFF team for the obvious passion and respect they have for the subject and time. This has obviously been a labor of love and it shows in all the details. I can't wait for the thrill of my first kill. Or even to know how Adjutant Thierry Renoit will eventually die. Because I have no illusions that he'll be home for Christmas come December 1918 :)

Thanks also to the community out here; this kind of support and the courtesy I've borne witness to among the members on this board was instrumental in my decision to purchase OFF:BH&H. You fellows are gentlemen to the last, and I sincerely hope to have the opportunity to fly with some or all of you online sometime in the future.

Welcome

Phoenixhawk13

Hope you enjoy OFF BHH.

Grumpybear

Kindest regards, I am looking forward to all that this promises.

- phoenixhawk13

Lovely intro, nice to have you aboard old chap. :good:

Welcome phoenixhawk 13!

It's great to have noobs. If it wasn't for you guys, we couldn't call ourselves OFF vets! Seriously though, thanks for the compliments on the forum etiquette etc. I think you'll find that for the most part, we are all a bunch of good Joes (and Josephines) and we welcome any and all, as long as you behave yourself!

Welcome!

CJ

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone :) I'm just ticking off the hours till I might leave work and ...well, I'm sure you all know exactly what happens then :biggrin:

- phoenixhawk13

phoenixhawk 13 -

Welcome to OFF! ..from your post, I will predict, that you will be a valued participant in this small, yet growing WW1 sim community.

Regards,

Royce

CAUTION : OFF is adidicting. Any squandering of previously discussed funds, for a NEW Mobo or Video card will not be the responseabiliy of OBD

That's bad news...I'm a very easily addicted person :P I've already dumped > $150 on this enterprise already, and after one flight realised that I -need- a TrackIR module. This is why I can't have nice things :D

Still cheaper than the real thing by a factor of several hundred...airworthy Bristol F.2B replica's get pricey fast.

So until -that- day, I'll indulge this sickness for all its worth :D

- phoenixhawk13

That's bad news...I'm a very easily addicted person :P I've already dumped > $150 on this enterprise already, and after one flight realised that I -need- a TrackIR module. This is why I can't have nice things :D

Still cheaper than the real thing by a factor of several hundred...airworthy Bristol F.2B replica's get pricey fast.

So until -that- day, I'll indulge this sickness for all its worth :D

- phoenixhawk13

Welcome to the board mate! It's always a pleasure to see new pilots finding their way here and discovering the joys of this sim. It's also an added bonus when they are as courteous and polite as yourself. I hope you enjoy digging in to the sim, there is much to be found in OFF. A new experience waits for you each time you roll off the grass fields and into the skies over Flanders. Best of luck, fly safe, and fight hard!

Salute!

Hi there phoenixhawk13,

Welcome to our friendly little airfield. I can see you will fit right into our squad and do your utmost in the great cause. This is a great bunch of blokes, mates, chaps and guys, :drinks: myself excluded. You have much to gain by checking in often and pitching in when you can. It seems to me the fun never ends and I hope that you will find your OFF experience very rewarding. And to any lurkers, I was among you a few short months ago, come on in and join up. Tell us a little something about yourself so we can give you a welcome too.

Welcome too the Skies of BHAH glad to have you here. Good luck and good hunting>