Hawaii, WW2

Hawaiian Islands Terrain -- For SF/WoV/WoE WW2 PTO installs

= For Game Installs -ONLY- patched to the 10/2006 level!!! =

This is an entirely NEW terrain, representing the Territory of Hawaii on the morning of 7 December, 1941.....

You MUST have ALL the Pacific Objects (ground units, ships, AAA, infantry, etc) already installed in you PTO version of the game; otherwise things won't be appearing. This is especially important for the ships -- More in the "Notes" section below.

This is a COMPLETE terrain, with (almost) everything needed to just unzip, and fly over. All the tiles, inis, terrain objects, and a whole SLEW of new GroundObjects are included!!!

The data ini has been upgraded to the latest standards. Water effects are active, so Vista users beware...more information for you is below in the Install Instructions. See "Notes for Vista Users". For those perverts that won't listen and absolutely INSIST on trying to run WW2 items in the post 9/08-10/08 SF/WoV/WoE and WoI environments, I've provided a 'post-patch-Hawaii_Data.ini', that includes all the updated terrain effects. More info for you all can be found in the "Notes & Other Nonesense" section below. Also, it should be noted the HM bmps for the various tiles are included; these are the ones I've repainted black, to create a smoother terrain.

= MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST, WW2 NATIONS INI IN YOUR FLIGHT FOLDER =

== MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST WW2 FORMATIONS INI IN YOUR FLIGHT FOLDER ==

=== MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST WEAPONS PAK FOR THE WW2 WEAPONS!! ===

It has been tested in pre-patch SF, WoV and WoE, using their cats pointed to in the main ini. As the new objects will be residing directly in the terrain folder, you should have no problems. (see the CombatAce Knowledge Base for the tutorial on using the cat pointer line). It has NOT, however, been tested in post 8/29/08 patch WoI, NOR in post-patch (9/08 & 10/08) SF/WoV/WoE. But should work with minimal problems, as long as one of the original terrain folders (SF/WoV/WoE) is residing in you WW2 WoI install. You do, however, use this in these environments at YOUR own risk -- any problems you have, you're on your own...no support is availabe from me, as it's NOT reccomended (due to FM issues in the aircraft) for those usages. I HAVE actually tested this in a post-patch WoI WW2 Install that I have, and other then the expected FM issues, it runs just fine!! Albeit with a little fiddling with the water issues...

This has NOT been tested in SF2 ... if you DO get a WW2 Era Specific Install up and running, let us know!

Follow these instructions herein =EXACTLY= and you should have no problems. It is HIGHLY reccomended that you read the install instructions all the way through FIRST before performing the procedure. Just to be safe, ya know??

As always, unzip this to a temp folder somwhere, and you'll have access to the rest of the readme for it's instructions.

= It should be noted here, that this Terrain is for WW2 usage ONLY -- if you attempt to fly modern jets from it, you will fail, as there are NO runways equipped to handle them. =

As always, unzip this to a temp folder somwhere, and you'll have access to the rest of the readme for it's instructions

Good Luck, Good Hunting & Happy Landings!

Wrench

kevin stein

It'd also be perfect for a single mission builder to recreate the stories of Pearl Harbor (which is what I had in mind)

I know this is stated in the readme, but I MUST recognize the 2 people who went the extra mile (or 2km) to help me out with this:

Hinchbrook - for his battleship

Geezer - for the Ford Island item

I couldn't have done this without them!! Gentlemen, I salute you!! :salute:

wrench

kevin stein

Guest ruhzyo

It's very nice. TY to the studs.

Technically modern jets can use the airfields, if they are able to use SMALL fields, so all hope is not lost.

Yes, since I used the runway 2 for Hickam, you could probably operate Phantoms from there, but not much else (no bombers)

But, there's STILL no enemy, other than the IJN Fleet (which, theoreticly, could be replaced by the Soviet Navy....or the Asian Mercenary Cult if you're a Wingman Fan :wink: )

wrench

kevin stein

True enough, but sometimes it's just nice to just fly around, rather than have to worry about Red Air though.. I flew around the VietnamSEA map earlier for an hour. Sucks because the SAMs at least were active (didn't shut them off either) so I couldn't see everything but it was just nice to fly.

Do you have any plans to upgrade this and the Midway  terrain to SF2 standard Kevin?

21 hours ago, allenjb42 said:

Do you have any plans to upgrade this and the Midway  terrain to SF2 standard Kevin?

Somebody's been watching 'Tora Tora Tora' on Film 4 this afternoon ; )

Lol, I wish! Been slaving over a hot calculator all afternoon :(  

• Like 1

I have no plans to do so.

however, it works (as well as it can) in my SF2 PTO mods folder, with the "standard data ini edits" to add the SF2 shader statments. It does, however need the _water bmp for CV generations. I have one, if want it.

Thx Wrench, it's fun !!!!