Sign in to follow this  
Luiz Carlos

The early campaigns are empty?

I have flying early campaigns in the Nieuport 11 in 1916 and I´m starting to think something is wrong.The last one I deleted because after 12 hours of combat time I have seen nor even one enemy aircraft.

I started a french campaign now in the third mission and no enemies until now, even when the mission is over the enemy airfield.

Is this right?Maybe there is nothing related , but it´s happening after the 1.30 patch.

I´m flying DiD ,100% realism, but using warping.

I have flying early campaigns in the Nieuport 11 in 1916 and I´m starting to think something is wrong.The last one I deleted because after 12 hours of combat time I have seen nor even one enemy aircraft.

I started a french campaign now in the third mission and no enemies until now, even when the mission is over the enemy airfield.

Is this right?Maybe there is nothing related , but it´s happening after the 1.30 patch.

I´m flying DiD ,100% realism, but using warping.

Hi Luiz,i don't think any things wrong,i had the same' see past posts' it's just the way it was.Sometimes nothing in the air but you and the birds.I went

7 hours flying a bristol scout in 1915 without seeing a thing.Next mission i got pasted by the first hun i saw.( or didn't see in my case) so get some hours logged and watch your back.

By the way are you using TAC?

Edited by Red-Dog

I'm not sure, as I haven't really ever used it, but I wonder whether warp always dumps you when enemy are near. I'm sure there's some threshhold, but it may be that you warp right through some possible encounters that the program reads as non-threatening.

Luiz,

If you like flying the N11 and want to see action, try flying with the Lafayette Escadrille, for France, in May of 1916 from Behonne airfield near Verdun. Enlist a pilot flying fighters for France with the LafEsc, then click the date assignment forward until you get Behonne as a base for the squadron; I think it's May 21, 1916 when the LafEsc transfers to Behonne.

I fly DiD, and even without TAC I run into more Germans than I can generally handle, contacts on about 50% of the missions.

Warp does drop out everytime there are enemies THBOMK. I wonder if OBD releases more official airplanes if they also include new missions to include the aircraft or if the community will be the ones to program missions. Luiz Carlos, I don't think there is anything wrong, it is just the current limitations of what is programmed and perhaps historiccly there was not much action in that sector at that time. Interlocuter has a very good suggestion for you.

Luiz, if you join an Escadrille, make sure, it is "offensive", not "defensive". You can find that

in the choice menue. And, as Interlocutor said, some have more, and others less action.

If you settle near Arras in 1916, you should "have fun" - on the other side are Bertincourt

and Brayelles. Some of the finest German aces around there. And me, with my Albatros DII.

Luiz, if you join an Escadrille, make sure, it is "offensive", not "defensive". You can find that

in the choice menue. And, as Interlocutor said, some have more, and others less action.

If you settle near Arras in 1916, you should "have fun" - on the other side are Bertincourt

and Brayelles. Some of the finest German aces around there. And me, with my Albatros DII.

I´m currently in the "Cicognes" squadron (Guynemer´s) .

if you guys are saying this is the way it is intended by the devs , it´s good to me.I will log some more hours until I have the chance to bag some huns or to be bagged by them. :biggrin:

Luiz Carlos, I flew with 3 Esc during that time as well and it was VERY quiet for me too. Gives you lots of nice, peaceful stick time. :smile:

Cheers!

Lou

Enjoy that peace and learn to handle your crate well.

The day will come, when you wish, you could get beamed back there.

I just had a flight, there were 3 planes in a cubic space of 300 x 300 x 300 feet.

I needed the situational awareness of a Chinese ping pong player.

But I can't play ping pong...

In the summer of 1916 around Somme I regularly come across flights of Huns in my Nupe 17. Flying for French in Esc. 26. So now you have plenty of time to get to know your aircraft and then you'll be ready to bring down all those nasty boche later in the war! :biggrin:

But if the dev team ever decides to release an expansion pack or two that for example add new early war planes, I'll be among the first to buy it... one of the reasons for some sectors being very quiet can be that there simply are not enough planes available for the time period.

In the summer of 1916 around Somme I regularly come across flights of Huns in my Nupe 17. Flying for French in Esc. 26. So now you have plenty of time to get to know your aircraft and then you'll be ready to bring down all those nasty boche later in the war! :biggrin:

But if the dev team ever decides to release an expansion pack or two that for example add new early war planes, I'll be among the first to buy it... one of the reasons for some sectors being very quiet can be that there simply are not enough planes available for the time period.

I was flying near Verdun in early 1916, in Esc 3 "Cicognes".I have done 10 missions and nothing.

I supposed that Huns was flying Eindeckers in that time period,aren´t they? Did germans had no mono or biplace represented ingame at this time?

Well, I have deleted the campaign, because it was sterile too, like the English one.

I tryed a german campaign at same time, flying an Halberstad DII , with regional air activity setting to heavy and started to see RAF Be2c (I had shot down one)

It really amazes me the WAY it´s go down.

They don´t explode or lose a wing with few bursts , in a arcade way,but instead, demands a lot of lead into the fuselage and engine,starting a fire, that gradually grows up, the two seatter then slowly loosing altitude until crashing in the ground.It´s so hard to put one down sometimes, that I go down near to the ground with this one, just to see it crashing , to take notes in the map in order to do a more accurate claim form.

In other sims, I will never get loose from the enemy formation, because I probably will put down 3-4 enemy A/C.

Not so easy here,chap. :no:

Glad to hear you got one Luiz! But, yep, nothing was broken. Right now I'm flying Eindekkers for FFA 19. I've flown 4 patrols for a total of 3.5 hours and theres nothing in the sky but me, clouds and observation balloons. And the Eindekker is really starting to grow on me.

-Rooster