Sign in to follow this  
Gr.Viper

Strike Fighters 2 Vietnam is Released!

Hey...

Does the inclusion of the Spads mean that we now have a good propeller flight model for the modders to go over with a fine-tooth comb and magnifying glasses so we can start to figure out the prop/helo "weirdness" of the infamous Oct. patch ? Oh goody... off to download!

SB

Don't know about the effects, which pack is it?

EE_3's

After my post a lightbulb went up in my head, and I've copied and pasted my afterburner effects I have in WOE so that's not an issue for me anymore.

Anyone think that YAP will be compatible with the new version? Or will we have to wait?

I'd love to know the answer to that myself. :yes:

Talkabout timing! I actually went to put some money on my card today in order to buy YAP. When I got back home I had a quick look on this site for the daily news gossip and discovered this thread! :biggrin:

I'd love to know the answer to that myself. :yes:

Talkabout timing! I actually went to put some money on my card today in order to buy YAP. When I got back home I had a quick look on this site for the daily news gossip and discovered this thread! :biggrin:

Yaps prop /helicopter flight model is set up for the 8/06 patch, also the helicopters depend on on thrust vectoring. The new patch level of TW games kills the yap helicopter FM and thy Hueys explode on the ground at take off because the game miscalculates their positioning in relation to the ground ....something to due with their skids if I remember correctly. Do you remember the sunken Huey in the tarmac issue with the new patch? I do hot have the new SF2 games, but I'm pretty sure the flight models are based off the sept/oct 08 TW patch level, how ever the inclusion of the spad makes me wonder if the FM might have been updated further.

After reading stary's post about the new terrain hight in respect to his tree mods it makes me wonder if the Hueys will still be submerged in the tarmac, or if this puts things back to the 8/06 terrain hight #'s

Do any of you guys that bought WOV2 have yap or yap 2 or any of the Hueys from Capuns site? I was hoping you could run a little test for me and see if the Hueys still sink into the tarmac and explode

on take off.

Edited by Icarus999

Just ran a Test with Capun's UH-34.......Ran fine. AI ran fine too....

Please let me know if anyone tries YAP or YAP2 on SF2V. I would love to get it if it works.

Please let me know if anyone tries YAP or YAP2 on SF2V. I would love to get it if it works.

It does with a couple of Edits. It's best to install YAP Products in a seperate "Mods" Folder.....But, it works.... :wink:

Well, for 20 bucks I'm happy.

But I have to admit, I like the MF's Crusaders and SLUF's much better than TK's! And the MiG-17's are still UFO's...!

SB

Well, for 20 bucks I'm happy.

But I have to admit, I like the MF's Crusaders and SLUF's much better than TK's! And the MiG-17's are still UFO's...!

SB

Thanks! :good:

I am a happy camper, and it is a great plane-set. I was hoping that the stock Desert campaigns might include all the new aircraft and carriers in the merged install, but that won't be too hard to fix.

Well worth the $20!

Helo's have been fun....Need a little tweaking though...

ss1.jpg

Ai, though? But you can add pits?

Mn I just bought this and I am downloading as I type this message. As for the USN aircraft are there correct texture decals? Say for example the A-4E with VA-163 USS Oriskany? Also in the campaign are there missions where we strike targets in South Vietnam and not just North Vitnam?

Thank you

PS:Man no A-6 squadrons??? That thing could carry 28 500 pounders and fly in low and fast in all weather....the equivalent to 3 B-17's flying slow and very high over Berlin!!!

PS:Man no A-6 squadrons??? That thing could carry 28 500 pounders and fly in low and fast in all weather....the equivalent to 3 B-17's flying slow and very high over Berlin!!!

The A-6A is still in there, just AI-only now. But...copying over the pit from WOV is pretty easy...and then there are Monty's and Razbam's Intruders...

Just ran a Test with Capun's UH-34.......Ran fine. AI ran fine too....

Thanks Killerbee, This is great news!!!!

That is great news, though if WOE V2 comes out..... may knuckle down, though will need a good Apache though...

It does with a couple of Edits. It's best to install YAP Products in a seperate "Mods" Folder.....But, it works.... :wink:

Outstanding!!! Now I'm going to have bigger troubles with finishing my Campaigns in WOE, WOI and SF2.

After reading stary's post about the new terrain hight in respect to his tree mods it makes me wonder if the Hueys will still be submerged in the tarmac, or if this puts things back to the 8/06 terrain hight #'s

that fixes only the water rendering artifacts in the distance, has nothing to do with the terrain mesh AFAIK

greenhell2 , widesky and weaponseditor all works fine , but has anybody figured out yet how to get the effects back in to the game

greenhell2 , widesky and weaponseditor all works fine , but has anybody figured out yet how to get the effects back in to the game

placing them in Effects folder works for me :smile:

Bought it last night, very nice. My only nit is that the textures a a bit low rez on the landscape and the lack of real trees...

Hey...

Does the inclusion of the Spads mean that we now have a good propeller flight model for the modders to go over with a fine-tooth comb and magnifying glasses so we can start to figure out the prop/helo "weirdness" of the infamous Oct. patch ? Oh goody... off to download!

SB

Well, since F.E (First Eagle), TK's game engine support "nicely" prop planes... Then, as usual, it depends on how many times you want to spend to build your FM :biggrin:.

What I can say is the actual Skyraiders are for AI only so its FM is quite "basic" if you want to fly with her.

If you give TW A-1J full throttle on runway it'll almost flip over.

What I can say is the actual Skyraiders are for AI only so its FM is quite "basic" if you want to fly with her.

But it's a post-October template you FM Gurus could look into..?

placing them in Effects folder works for me :smile:

i did this , but they do not work :dntknw: