Sign in to follow this  
Gr.Viper

Strike Fighters 2 Vietnam is Released!

i did this , but they do not work :dntknw:

In your MyDocuments\....\Thirdwire\Strike Fighter2 Vietnam\EFFECTS\

you must create this folder, it's absend by default

the skins should fit on the early 105 (F-105D , the D_66 is the late version with RWR) in sf2v

The models are all new, so mapping is likely to be different.

TK said he tried to keep the mappings about the same when asked about the F-4s

http://www.digitalstrike.eu/

the skins should fit on the early 105 (F-105D , the D_66 is the late version with RWR) in sf2v ... havent checked it out yet ...

:skull:

The F-105 is a new Model. It has new Mapping as opposed to the WOV mapping. I've found that it's the only one done like that so far. I checked the A-4,A-6,A-7,F-4,F-8,F-100 and the Migs. Some Details were added to the Textures, But the F-105 was the only model re-done. With a little work, I think digitalstrikes's Textures and Decals can be ported over by using a Paint Application......Of course, the Resolution was rasied from 512 to 1024.....

Edited by 331Killerbee

From what I see, all player aircraft were more or less re-done - F-100 didn't have tail skid, intakes of F-8 and A-7 were not so curved, A-4 wings have more detail etc. But Thud did get a big overhaul alright.

The F-105 is a new Model. It has new Mapping as opposed to the WOV mapping. I've found that it's the only one done like that so far. I checked the A-4,A-6,A-7,F-4,F-8,F-100 and the Migs. Some Details were added to the Textures, But the F-105 was the only model re-done. With a little work, I think digitalstrikes's Textures and Decals can be ported over by using a Paint Application......Of course, the Resolution was rasied from 512 to 1024.....

Yes, the F-105 model was reworked. It's not exactly new, but we reworked enough of it that it needed to be remapped from the ground up. At some point soon, I think we will get some templates released. The other aircraft, stated before, haven't changed much, so most older templates will work. A few parts got remapped on some of the planes, but I can't remember which. I think the F-8 landing gears maybe, and some parts for the F-4 and A-4 in SF2 were remapped.

Yes, tail skids, A-4 wings, new lights and vents and some intakes have been reworked. New templates will cure all the ills when they get released. :)

Thanks DanW,

That clears up alot. Looking foward to the Templetes. Thanks for Your responce.

aha.. good to know :skull:

spared me the time to find out myself hehe

Hey, no problem. I'm not sure when they will be released, but I'm sure we'll get around to it.

Hey DanW, do guys think you could make an A-4A or A-4M in the future?

Edited by suhsjake

i did this , but they do not work :dntknw:

I went into my options ini. and "pointed" it to pull all mods from strike fighters 2. Double check in SF2V and in SF2, may just do the trick.

[Mods]

ModsEnabled=TRUE

Directory=C:\Users\Administrator\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2

Now if I can get those missing files from the Brain32 repaint, I'll be one happy camper.

Edited by Nightshift82

I'm just wondering on the ETA for SF2:WOE.

Would presuming an interval similar to the one between SF2 and SF2:WOV be appropriate?

I'm just wondering on the ETA for SF2:WOE.

Would presuming an interval similar to the one between SF2 and SF2:WOV be appropriate?

Already announced by TK patch for SF2:V followed by patch for SF2, then two weeks and it's done

then two weeks and it's done

I wonder, what planes will get most serious updates there... Although only Hunters, Harriers and Hogs are left.

Hey DanW, do guys think you could make an A-4A or A-4M in the future?

Can't answer that. That's a TK question :)

Actually what would be really cool for WoE is inclusion of F-16, the model is already there with a nice cockpit, only some USAF skin(s) would be needed and - viola one very nice extra flyable for re-release. That can't hurt the sales can it ;-)

Actually what would be really cool for WoE is inclusion of F-16, the model is already there with a nice cockpit, only some USAF skin(s) would be needed and - viola one very nice extra flyable for re-release. That can't hurt the sales can it ;-)

Also, TK could borow some Mirages from WOI :smile:

Missed the party yesterday so I've just grabbed it and merged it into a fresh SF2 install. Very nice!

SF2Vietnam01.jpg

SF2Vietnam02.jpg

Hey, KB, could you post some shots from Vista edition? For those poor XP cavemen here :haha:

4 out of 5 Stars, 5/5 would be for improved terrain engine, but we have YAP2 and GH2

lack of multiplayer? why bother, really

YEAH, WHO NEEDS TO INTERACT WITH THOSE BOTHERSOME HUMANS ANYWAY,,,,

Edited by gwar

Oh, so I wonder what the ETA on the WOI expansion is then? I'd thought that was coming before SF2, actually.

Sounds like he's concentrating on the SF2X stuff right now. I must admit that although I understand why MP was dropped from the SF2 line, I'm still disappointed.

Yet for $20 it's a no-brainer to buy them.

Oh, so I wonder what the ETA on the WOI expansion is then? I'd thought that was coming before SF2, actually.

Sounds like he's concentrating on the SF2X stuff right now.

Last I heard, its not coming out until everything is updated to SF2. I think we'll see SF2E, then SF2I, then the expansion.

YEAH, WHO NEEDS TO INTERACT WITH THOSE BOTHERSOME HUMANS ANYWAY,,,,

last time I tried, and asked nicely on HL for some hamachi servers, I got answer from one guy like "I have some, but I like to keep them for myself, bla,bla,bla" get lost noob attitude; so I dropped my interest after such interaction with those bothersome humans :smile:

Ok, to be fair, then Doghouse provided some (TY!) but simply I don't have time for it, quick one or two missions in the evening is all I have time for these days

Anyone else getting targets at airfeilds most of the time? 5 sorties in (Rolling Thunder VF-96) and that's all I've been assigned to hit, either runways or fuel tanks at airfeilds.