Sign in to follow this  
ordway

New F-102A Cockpit was uploaded

New modded F-102A Cockpit was uploaded.

F-102-1.jpg

It is based on (EDIT Pasko's) F-106 cockpit with rounded gages being used instead of tapes, no moving map and other graphical changes. Several color photos were used as a base.

Edited by ordway

New modded F-102A Cockpit was uploaded.

It is based on Daves F-106 cockpit with rounded gages being used instead of tapes, no moving map and other graphical changes. Several color photos were used as a base.

Now that is freaking sweet!!!!

Ordway, try this. It matches pilot position with player. You can see the wings and just a tip of drop tank. I'm using olde SF 2006.

[CockpitSeat001]

ModelName=F-106_Pit

Position=0.0,3.7,0.7

Offset=0.0,0.0,0.0

ViewAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0

MaxYaw=165

MinYaw=-165

MaxPitch=90

MinPitchFront=-60

MinPitchRear=-40

If I recall, the game assumes Nose is already ShowFromCockpit=FALSE by lack of this line in the DATA file, so its already good to go, I think.

Poasting about drop tanks...NoJettisionTank=FALSE lets you drop the tanks. They are not perma fixed to the external model like on the F-106 model. Thanks Veltro!!

Um Dave didnt build any F-106 cockpit. Pasko did.

Says right in the download section.

The F-106A by Pasko and C5

Um Dave didnt build any F-106 cockpit. Pasko did.

Says right in the download section.

Thanks. I'll change it.

Edited by ordway

Ordway, try this. It matches pilot position with player. You can see the wings and just a tip of drop tank. I'm using olde SF 2006.

[CockpitSeat001]

ModelName=F-106_Pit

Position=0.0,3.7,0.7

Offset=0.0,0.0,0.0

ViewAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0

MaxYaw=165

MinYaw=-165

MaxPitch=90

MinPitchFront=-60

MinPitchRear=-40

If I recall, the game assumes Nose is already ShowFromCockpit=FALSE by lack of this line in the DATA file, so its already good to go, I think.

Poasting about drop tanks...NoJettisionTank=FALSE lets you drop the tanks. They are not perma fixed to the external model like on the F-106 model. Thanks Veltro!!

Thanks! I will change these.

Thanks! I will change these.

These issues are now resolved and uploaded in V.2 for both the F-102 flight model and cockpit. Thanks to Lexx_Luthor and Dave.

Here is a side by side, errr top to bottom, comparison of the released ordway F-102A cockpit and Pasko's beautiful F-106 cockpit. One looks like a space shuttle and the other like....a 1950s cockpit.

F-102split.jpg

The F-102 cockpit is back up for download in the jet cockpits section.

You just dump the files contents into your F-102 folder and say yes to "do you want to overwrite files" questions.

Remember to back up first.

Link:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=8719

Edited by ordway

I am adding an AC voltmeter and master warning test and reset switch which some photos show and secondly more detail to the warning light panel. These changes are in version 3 (the V3 edition). These should be up tomorrow.

F-102V3.jpg

Edited by ordway

I am adding an AC voltmeter and master warning test and reset switch which some photos show and secondly more detail to the warning light panel. These changes are in version 3 (the V3 edition). These should be up tomorrow.

This version is now available for download.

Version V.4 is now uploaded and probably my final one.

I added the huge signature red/orange Nav light in the middle of the F-102 panel. I made the artificial horizon more F-102A color and markings specific. I made the radio nav instrument more F-102A color and markings specific.

Enjoy!

F102V4.jpg

Yes very nice you two -- Veltro2Ordway

I'm thinking of taking down that gunsight. I don't see any obstructions in various cockpit views looking forward, although its hard to tell in the photos.

Did F-102A have any IR Falcon missile pipper on glass?

The optical gunsight is mounted high on the fwd canopy structure - the combining glass flips down into the pilot's line of sight to fire the weapons optically. On the TF-102, two similar gunsights are mounted upside down, and the combining glass flips up.

Mike

Ah, most interesting thanks. I'll keep my sight then!!

Ah, most interesting thanks. I'll keep my sight then!!

Yes, keeping it might be good. I wonder what would have happened if a Warsaw Pact (WP) Nato central front campaign had opened and some F-102s were present?

F-102s would have inevitably been tangling with WP fighters and there would have been immediate pressure like in Viet Nam to add a gun. Apparently, the F-106's 20MM was added without much problem to the F-106.

F-4s in Viet Nam got the 20MM pods pretty fast too.

With the actual ad hoc unofficial F-102 having at least a SUU-11/A minigun added in Viet Nam (according to at least one photo), I bet if a central front had stalemated long enough, pilots would have been tempted to add a gun real fast.

Edited by ordway

I made an error in my cockpit file for V.4 and forgot to include the F-102A artificial horizon-it's just the old F-106 one now in the old version V.4. I just updated it and included it in the new version 5 (V.5).

V.5 I now included the very specific F-102A artificial horizon this time with gray-blue top, gray markings, black bottom with blue markings which I left out in V.4 by mistake. If you compared the photo with the current F-102A artificial horizon, you can probably see the difference.

I made an error ...by mistake...

I always do that. By the V.50, I get it setup right, mostly. I'd should be airplane designer, open my own OKB.

Thanks this is neat stuff.

Cockpit version 5 approved, included in F-102 version 0.96.

FC

Hey, silly question.

How did the IRST sensor work in the Deuce? I assume you had to get cueing of some sort from the sensor...

FC

PS Never mind, just found the answer...gotta love the internet!