Sign in to follow this  
Olham

She is my lady again!

Today, I installed patch 1.30 and then 1.30c and Hardcore 1.30c (before: 1.28a and Hardcore)

I did intensive test flying with an Albatros D Va, concentrating on the upper right corner with the

warnings.

I noticed, that the warning "airframe stress" (or so) appeared only, when I did very rude manoeuvers.

I noticed, that I don't go that far with all my moves, that it would appear at all.

But then, I challenged it, forced it to happen. Steep dives etc.

Nothing broke up, still. Not once. My flying style was still too careful.

Now I did a vertical dive; and only now, after some sqeeking awful noise and the warning, a wing broke.

So, now I'm confused a bit. I must have mistaken midair collisions for breaking up planes then?

I always thought, you get a text line saying: "you collided with another craft" or such?

Or did it appear, and I didn't see it in the heat of the moment? Am I getting old??? (Lol!!!)

So, in deepest shame, I beg your pardon, devs; especially you, Pol, for all the "ZZZZzzz"-test-flying.

She is my lady again. The most beautiful plane of all.

I did intensive test flying with an Albatros D Va,

I thought the main difference between the D.V and D.Va was that the latter had mods to keep the wings attached. What happens in a regular D.V?

Der Bordeaux Rote Freiherr ist glucklich noch einmal. Sorry for the poor use of langauge. But you know what I mean. Sehr gut!

If that bitch cheated on you don't take her back

Bullet, I think, the D Va has more horse power, and 1.100 rounds instead of 1.000

I must admit, that I don't know better at this moment - I must check.

Rickity - at least you try! And it's not that wrong - it's understood. German is one of the very difficult

languages. Even German kids in school have problems. It starts, were you say "the".

The sun, the moon, the child. We say: Die Sonne, der Mond, das Kind.

Don't ask me why...

Ja, der, die, das... I don't remember anymore...est tut mir leit. Anyway, you are back in your favorite crate.

If that bitch cheated on you don't take her back

But are any of us guiltless there? I must admit I have other mistresses besides the Fee. When I fly the Camel, it's like Murphy's adventures in Sin City, "always and never".

I know, Messaround - with the Dr.1 or the D VII, I am a terrible butcher; killing anything and all.

But I still enjoy my Albatros most. Must be true loyalty.

It's not so, that I didn't try the other planes. Dr.1, D VII, Camel, S.E.5, SPAD VII, Nupe 17 - all great fighters.

But the Albatros has a beauty of it's own, that I'm always again attracted by.

And to do well in a plane, that is, later in the war, not one of the best choices anymore, is quite challenging!

Hey Olham,

I was digging around some of my screenshots looking for something else when I saw these. I have no recollection of what happened but I was obviously pretty rough with her.

Jammer

post-46217-1240764957_thumb.jpgpost-46217-1240764970_thumb.jpg

Good glad you sorted it Oldham. Yeah thanks it was rather dull testing the Albatros for the zillionth time I must say lol.

My godness, Jammer - how did you get that damage done?

And did the craft still fly, now that both lower wings were equally off?

Sorry again, Pol.

My godness, Jammer - how did you get that damage done?

And did the craft still fly, now that both lower wings were equally off?

I don’t remember what happened at all, it was a while back. I probably took the screenshot to admire the damage modeled by the devs. It didn’t fly at all after that for I was dead as a door nail.

Jammer

Bullethead, here are some data to show the difference between D V and D Va.

Empty weight: 717 kg 730 kg

Inline engine: DIII 170 PS DIIIa 185 PS

Max. speed: 180 km/h 187 km/h

Climb to 3000 m: 14 min 30 sec 17 min 8 sec

Climb to 5000 m: 32 min 35 min

Another difference was, that the cables for the ailerons in the D V went from the fuselage up into

the upper wing, and there to the ailerons.

In the D Va, they go through the lower wing, and then up through the wing struts.

That means, a breaking up lower wing could be survived in a D V - but hardly in a D Va.

Edited by Olham

Another difference was, that the cables for the ailerons in the D V went from the fuselage up into the upper wing, and there to the ailerons.

In the D Va, they go through the lower wing, and then up through the wing struts.

That means, a breaking up lower wing could be survived in a D V - but hardly in a D Va.

Ailerons? We don't need no stinkin' ailerons! This is WW1, man. Most planes turn with a lot more rudder and a lot less aileron than more modern types. At least on my side of the mud :rolleyes: . From what I can tell, the Fee's aileron's are just there for decoration. I never notice their loss when they get shot out, which happens frequently :dntknw: .

I've come to like the Alb D.V a lot in my newest campaign in Jasta 9, mid 1917. I was used to flying very carefully and defensively in the Pfalz, but now I feel like I have a fighting chance against all Entente scouts and that I don't have to run away so much from the fights. But based on my experience in QC, the Alb D.III is my favourite Albatros. They must be excellent scouts in early 1917! Good for shooting down those ugly flying abominations the crumpets call Fees! :biggrin:

The only bad thing about the Alb is her weak lower wings, though D.I's and D.II's shouldn't have that problem with their tougher wings. But they aren't as manoeuvrable as the D.III.

It starts, were you say "the".

The sun, the moon, the child. We say: Die Sonne, der Mond, das Kind.

Don't ask me why...

I guess it is like that in every language but English. Nouns are either masculine feminine or neutral. The thing that is different in every language is the definition of the gene. For example I could never understand why it should be "das fraulein" for something naturally feminin, but I guess the overall culture and perception of things come into play. Like Der Zug and Der Wagen (masculin trains and cars while in Greek most machines are neutral)

Back to topic: I'm glad you're enjoying your albatross Olham. Did you try any of the kinky stuff shown here?:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=40453

Hasse Wind, the Albatros versions are ALL good in their time; the DII was quite a shock for the

DH2s and all that flying furniture. She can through her weapon power easily destroy Nieuports;

it is only a matter of doing the RIGHT things.

Then the DIII was wonderful - good view, and very agile. Until the Camel came, there was no

Allied plane to be afraid of. Okay, the Pup turns and climbs like hell, but again: do the RIGHT

manoeuvers, and shoot them down.

MvR said once, it does not depend on the plane, but who flies it.

The D V is also a good scout, and with the cables through the upper wing, even better at wing

failures, than the D Va. But I am flying D Va now since a while, and I like her!

At least against SPADs, she is doing great!

So, enjoy your D V, and perhaps start another carrer on a D III. And even the D II (I have a

pilot on one in Jasta 2, who's only waiting for more action) is great for combat in it's time.

DIMUS - I think, "das Fräulein" is an old fashioned word, trying to make a young, unmarried

woman less female indeed; like "das Kind" - as if there's no gender yet noticable.

About the "kinky stuff" - see what I wrote in that thread.

Thanks for the answer Olham! Although I'm an engineer, I find language and language structure a fascinating subject.

I only did two years of German language courses in the Goethe Institut in Athens. Unfortunately I did not put it in use and most of it is gone now. But some things stay I guess.

Olham, As God said of king David..."you are a man after my own heart".

Albatri Uber Alles!!!! :biggrin:

ZZ.