Well I got LOMAC today, woohoo !!! off over xmas with lomac...... what a result !!!!

HOWEVER, on startup I hear the intro being played, I get the splash screen, then I get "lomac has caused an error in mom.dll" :angry::angry::angry::angry: .

anyone had this error ?

I'm using an AMD 1800XP, ATI Radeon 9600pro, 1gig RAM direct x9

Could it be, that you're running Win 98 or even worse Win ME? If so, chances are good, that it won't run. Either make a quick upgrade, wait for the patch or kiss LoMac goodbye for the holydays.

If you're already using Win XP I can't imagine what's wrong.

I've yet to find anyone on the forums, who hadn't problems with Win ME. My advice: Get rid of that system. It was the most unstable, Billie ever made. Give XP a try. With all the freeware programms like XP Antispy, you don't have to fear Billie looking over your shoulder and it's the most stable system I've ever had.

thanks chaingun,

this did and didn't work.....the game works with this method but only for a few minutes, some missions work some don't, the A10 misssions crash (partly why I got the game in the first place) so I've decided to uninstall and await the patch. Personally I feel like I've been ripped off by a bloke selling dodgy games down the pub...... "yeah course it works mate, on ALL operating systems and ALL graphics cards, any problems TOUGH, now that'll be £25 cheers".:angry::angry:

I should of read between the lines when they said it takes a hefty system to run it to actually read your pc's fine but the games bugged out and we'll blame your system till the patch comes out next year. :( :( :( :(

post-6-1072191303_thumb.gif

thanks chaingun,

this did and didn't work.....the game works with this method but only for a few minutes, some missions work some don't, the A10 misssions crash (partly why I got the game in the first place) so I've decided to uninstall and await the patch.

I've noticed, that you also use the Radeon 9600 Pro. Now parts of your crashes may be due to that card. Did you reduce to AGP4 and disable fastwrited. The card is not supposed to like them and it took me a long time of crashing to figure that out.

I've noticed, that you also use the Radeon 9600 Pro. Now parts of your crashes may be due to that card. Did you reduce to AGP4 and disable fastwrited. The card is not supposed to like them and it took me a long time of crashing to figure that out.

I use a 9600Pro here with FastWrites enabled (4x) and have not had a single CTD with the retail version of LOMAC. I must be the luckiest SOB on the block, as I've really had no problems yet. I do feel for everyone having a problem, but it makes me wonder why my machine is so damned special to run it without issues and with decent FPS. B)

I tried it and it was 4x agp and fast write disabled. but thanks anyway. madjeff do you want to ship that pc of yours over here, I think it's only fair that we should all be in the same boat !!! :D :D :D

cheers for your help and unlike some people on the ubi forums I'm still smiling and not even considering using bad language. :D

post-6-1072193344_thumb.gif

I use a 9600Pro here with FastWrites enabled (4x) and have not had a single CTD with the retail version of LOMAC. I must be the luckiest SOB on the block, as I've really had no problems yet. I do feel for everyone having a problem, but it makes me wonder why my machine is so damned special to run it without issues and with decent FPS.  B)

I have no problems with LOMAC. The card crashing problems occured when I purchased the Card. And if I had known about the 9600 issues, I wouldn't have purchased it.

But you're right: You can leave fastwrites enabled. It just doesn't increase the card's capability. AGP8 is the crasher.

I only have problems with the A10 in any form, disappearing planes, but all others work well. I am using XP, but the 9600Pro in my brother in laws machine works great. He's on 2000. My 8500 LE is getting a bit long in the tooth, but for now it does a descent job. The disappearing planes went away with the 3.7 cats, but went to the 3.10's they came back. Maybe something in the graphic settings trying to use a feature that my card does not like.

What version of the Catalyst drivers are you using?

post-6-1072198945_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chaingun

I have a 9800 and a mid range system and haven't had any problems with LOMAC. I routinely tweak and tune my system for best baseline performance and pay a lot of attention to routine maintenance. Wonder if that has anything at all to do with it? Also running Win XP.

I'm using the 3.9 catalist drivers. Tried out the Omegas too, but they screwed FS9 and brought no overall improvement.

Everything runs fine on my machine, including LOMAC. It's just that the card doesn't perform as it should - and that seems to be an issue, ATI is aware of. At least they give out some mild warning about the 9600 and the KT board, which I happen to own.

two weeks ago I totally started fresh, clean install of windows with format of my HD, new graphics card 9600 pro, new mobo abit kv7, new ddr ram 1024mb, new processor amd 1800 pro. I basically built a new machine, I've been high on the maintenance this time round as last time my system was so full of rubbish it wasn't funny, if I download something and installed it I make goddam sure I'll use it, if not it's uninstalled and a registry clean is carried out. I defrag weekly now aswell. I'm using a 9600 pro by hightech, one of them built under licence thingys, using the 7.95 cats.

post-6-1072209892_thumb.jpg

i think i had ME on my sys fir 30 mins when it came out b i trashed it and went back to 98SE.. got to be the worst windows ever..

i think i had ME on my sys fir 30 mins when it came out b i trashed it and went back to 98SE.. got to be the worst windows ever..

I was actually warned before ever installing it.

I was real hesitant to try XP but have no regrets after the fact.

Edited by Cretin

The one thing I definetely won't install, if it stays as advertized is Longhorn. Rumor has it, that this system will take spying to a new level.

The disappearing planes went away with the 3.7 cats, but went to the 3.10's they came back.

Yep, same here.