Ran an entire weps pack through the new wep editor for SF2? Because if you havent, I am about to see what happens...

yeah and it dont work.... it lists the weapons but they dont physically show...

Yep just found out. But I can add one at a time and all is well. The list TK provided us with is pretty damn good though so I only need to add aircraft specific stuff.

how about copying the INI out of eatch folder and putting them in the main folder..... will that get them working?

Not sure, I added some weps they showed up, then went to add more and my ini and .dat files are gone.

Ok I found them. Didnt pay attention to where I was putting them.

Ok I love this new version of the sims, but this file structure sucks. Nothing is all in one place.

Edit....its takes getting used to. It doesn't suck.

Ok I'm getting it now, just like I did when I first started, no sim of TK's will whip my ass...... :lol:

ok make sure for the Voodoo's you put the "tranparenti" file which is the canopy glass into the actuall skin folder itself and it will show up. Most excellent.

Can anyone else join in, or is this a one man conversation?

Na-Na.gif

Can anyone else join in, or is this a one man conversation?

Na-Na.gif

Its open to everyone. But its alos helping keep a lof of what I tried and or failed at.

where did you drop the Weapondata.INI and .dat file after you made them?

where did you drop the Weapondata.INI and .dat file after you made them?

I left them in the SAVED GAMES folder of my Vista install. Works just fine sitting there.

I set the path in the config ini of the Weapon Editor to go to the mod folder. In the mod folder I have Objects and Weapons folder, in the Weapons folder there are all the weapon folders for the game plus two additional ones (CA Stary's Napalm and mine) well the odd thing is that now there isn't either a weapon data ini or weapon data dat file anywhere! Even in saved games! So I guess the game reads each individual ini now? It takes some getting used to this new format, but we had this before i.e. ground objects, what a kerfuffle that was getting ships and that to work again. Forgot to add, the weapons are showing up fine for me.

Edited by Kopis n Xiphos

If you have one of the newer weapon packs(MirageFactory or the large one) you can actually just run the entire thing through the new wep editor and it will work...

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT (there's always one of those BUT SOB's spoiling the fun is there? lol)

You need to have the basic *.ini (the one that describes LOD's and shadows) in each and every one of the folders, now most of the guys didn't make those ini's for previous packs if the weapon in question did not have multiple lod's.

However they are obligatory for the new WEP editor to be able to properly read them and make them new series compatible.

I think it might be easier to add those simple ini's where they are missing and then run the whole thing through the new WEP editor than to add all of the stuff one by one as required by the new way of installing weapons...

Edited by Brain32

Ok People i must be having a slow day today.... ive got the Community wepons pack in my \Objects\Weapons folder..... ive run it thru the weapons editor and left the INI and DAT in SAVED GAMES like Dave said.... and i keep gettin crashes.... could someone PLEASE tell me where im goin wrong....

a lot of the weapons (~90% or so) in the Community Pak are missing the main ini (ie: *weapon-name*.ini), and you'll need a seperate data ini EACH AND EVERY FOLDER for the thing to work

in essence, you have a weapon folder, lets say for the AIM-120.

in said folder you'd have...

AIM-120.ini (wherin the lods are described, shadows called out)

AIM-120.bmp (the skin

AIM-120.lod (the model -- and any other lods if supplied; ie AIM-120_LOD001.LOD, AIM-120_LOD002.LOD, etc)

and a new file;

AIM-120_Data.ini (this takes the place of the Classic Style ™ weaponsdata ini, describing the weapons attributes .. basically the same AS the weaponsdata.in, but ONLY for the single weapon.

This is what I was given to understand how it now works. So, any missing file (mostly inis) would need recreating

Not sure how the SF2 series weapons editor works, however... in may NOT need a seperate weaponsdata in each weapons folder. I'm sure someone will be along with any corrections of any mis/dis information I may have inadvertenly spread. :wink:

wrench

kevin stein

Okay I tried this and with the community pack everything worked fine until I started adding extra weapons and then it all went pear-shaped as at present I cant even get the weapons to show correctly... I have tried to use the new Editor and the old Editor and both fail...

Running WOE WOV WOI on XP...

This is what I was given to understand how it now works. So, any missing file (mostly inis) would need recreating

Not sure how the SF2 series weapons editor works, however... in may NOT need a seperate weaponsdata in each weapons folder. I'm sure someone will be along with any corrections of any mis/dis information I may have inadvertenly spread.

Wrench, You're right on.

There "must" be a Data.ini in each Folder. The SF2 Weapons Editor adds Weapons this way. If adding a new Weapon using the Editor, First You must have the Files in a Type Weapons Folder as described above. Next, You'll want to add the Weapon. Open the Weapon Editor and select the "Import/Merge" Button. navigate to the New Weapon Folder and select the Weapon's_Data.INI. Once done, hit "Save" and the new Information is saved to a .DAT File that no one sees. Why? because it's in the Core Engine of the Game Install. No need to mess with it any more like the "Old" Days. Also, the Editor can determine what Weapons go with what Install. i.e. SF2 Weapons with it's Install and SF2V with it's Weapons....and so on. If One uses the Instructions that Wrench has posted and add them As I have just discribed, You'll have endless amounts of Weapons that are more easier manage. I purchased SF2 at the first of the Year. I now have 2012 Weapons working in SF2. Now all We need is the Gun Editor from TK......

Edited by 331Killerbee

Dave, this is exactly what twitter is used for... :tongue:

Twitter is ghey...

You all are making it sound easy but its not as you describe, it's EXTREMELY time consuming. And no you do not need to make a data.ini for each. The editor will do that for you, as long as you have an weaponxxx.ini in it. I added weps just like we used to, and when I hit save it created the data.ini for the Voodoo drop tanks for example. I think you all are adding an extra step unnecessary step.

Yes they are, WEP editor creates that data.ini by itself

You just have to make sure there's a main .ini(LOD+SHADOW only) in each pre-SF2 weapons folder, then delete that old .DAT but leave the weapondata.ini intact and open it with the WEP editor(this is where the WEP editor makes data.inis from) then just save and that's it, each weapon will now have it's own data.ini in it's folder...

As long as you put the data in the weapondata.ini it will do just as Brain32 said. I find it quicker to do that and run it through the editor than to create a new data.ini for each weapon then run it through the editor.

To save time, could those who have weapon lod/shadow inis post them, if everyone could maybe contribute ten weapon ini's we could get the weapons packs to work a lot quicker than any one individual trying to do it all on their own.

Edited by Kopis n Xiphos