Sign in to follow this  
Red-Dog

Is campaign dynamic

Lol Parky, well I carefully used the word "may" in there ;) but don't tell your missus.

Wow, once that "little kid at Christmas" feeling has almost subsided, a few words from Winder and its right back again! This sim already has all the right stuff, what else can there be? OFF strengthens its lead as the best.

-Rooster

I know the campaign's dynamic in the ways Winder said. What I'm curious about is whether the squadrons besides mine are dynamic. That is, I see my AI buddies get killed all the time, and new guys eventually transfer in, but usually my squadron is several pilots understrength at least. Does the same thing happen to AI squadrons? IOW, if I carve a bloody swath through Jasta 2's non-ace pilots, will they be understrength for a while, too?

And also, if AI pilots become aces during play, do they become more formidable? Does the same thing happen to "no-name" pilots in AI squadrons?

2) And yes P4......I will not divulge the details ....

WM

I'll give you money ..... real estate ..... hot blondes .... a workable internet connection .... a new engine ! Anything ! Just tell me .... :secret:

I know the campaign's dynamic in the ways Winder said. What I'm curious about is whether the squadrons besides mine are dynamic. That is, I see my AI buddies get killed all the time, and new guys eventually transfer in, but usually my squadron is several pilots understrength at least. Does the same thing happen to AI squadrons? IOW, if I carve a bloody swath through Jasta 2's non-ace pilots, will they be understrength for a while, too?

And also, if AI pilots become aces during play, do they become more formidable? Does the same thing happen to "no-name" pilots in AI squadrons?

Excellent question and one I've wondered about.

In some sims, the more kills an AI pilot has, the higher his skill level and that level increases every time he adds to his score. Is that true in OFF?

And, as BH asks, do the manning levels of the enemy AI squads increase and decrease as we kill their members?

Finally, even though it's not a truly dynamic campaign I'm not asking that it be made one. I agree that sticking to the historical script is more effective in this instance. So, just because I pointed out it was not dynamic (e.g. Falcon 4.0 campaigns) doesn't mean I think it should be changed.

Tony

Edited by tttiger

Yeah that's the cat out of the bag I guess...

We are planning two things:

1) Some addon craft and squad packs for P3.....

2) And yes P4......I will not divulge the details but we are very excited about what it will bring....

WM

Great news Winder!

Thanks for the continued efforts

Will there be a "Suggestions for P4 Thread" like before P3?

It sure felt good to be given a chance to offer suggestions to this great sim

I'm sure you guyts could use a few good laughs too :wink:

Cheers,

Add-ons AND Phase 4?! Okay, you just made me a very happy man! :clapping:

Excellent question and one I've wondered about.

In some sims, the more kills an AI pilot has, the higher his skill level and that level increases every time he adds to his score. Is that true in OFF?

And, as BH asks, do the manning levels of the enemy AI squads increase and decrease as we kill their members?

Finally, even though it's not a truly dynamic campaign I'm not asking that it be made one. I agree that sticking to the historical script is more effective in this instance. So, just because I pointed out it was not dynamic (e.g. Falcon 4.0 campaigns) doesn't mean I think it should be changed.

Tony

Tony no not at the squad level either - IOW you cannot wipe out a squad near you or lessen its strength - if the squad existed historically and was on the offensive/defensive (as opposed to non active) they will always be there - as I say history dictates. They move exactly on the days that they did during the war. The squads skills, compliments, and Aces, are all maintained as historically was the case - poor, mediocre, good, and elite squads exist exactly as they were historically and its managed on a daily basis.

Some squads improve over the years others get worse other remain mediocre and the pilots skills rating are based on this.

The number of craft you run into or are out on missions is based on an OOB database - Order of Battles - which specifies what the craft density, offensive defensive attitude, strength and strategic objectives were, per geographic sector, historically as accurate as the level of detail allows .... on a daily basis.....

It is quite possible of course to do a campaign similar to Falcon 4.0 and track the damages inflicted per side in a database (we do have outcomes details that we hope to expand in P4) but we specifically chose to stick to history as opposed to what if, and P4 will be the same.

HTH

WM