Sign in to follow this  
zzHOOTERzz

Squadron Mates not quite so worthless but "Get him off me!" WTFO

Ok my wingman are much better now that I've patched the game but their com sucks. I like how I can get individual Bingo calls, or wilco calls (a reply with their flight number)when I give them an order but why can't they call "Defensive" instead of the stupid "Get him off Me!" or how about "I can't shake him". Both of these calls are made with out a flight number. BTW I get chatter from dogfights 100nm away so I have to keep checking the map to see if it's my flight under attack or not.

I've seen the sound files. It looks simple enough to add the proper com. Does anyone know if there's an ini I can edit to adjust the com. Ideally I'd like to hear, "2's Defensive"

Now that I recall, if I ask 2 a status check he'll let me know if he's "engaged." I'd like him to call that out, as well as the rest of the flight, without me having to check his status.

Is there anyway to allow a status check of the rest of the flight?

I forgot exactly where it's at, but there is a mod in the downloads (which i also need to get) that gives out callsigns. I had it on my last install and it was miles better than the stock stuff.

One of my favorites is "I'm taking damge!!!" .... just as the hapless pilot splatters all over the ground. A bit on the late side, methinks!!

what's needed is a response to "get him off me''. Something like "Shut up and die like a man"....

wrench

kevin stein

One of my favorites is "I'm taking damge!!!" .... just as the hapless pilot splatters all over the ground. A bit on the late side, methinks!!

what's needed is a response to "get him off me''. Something like "Shut up and die like a man"....

wrench

kevin stein

I especially like the "I'm taking damage!!!" call when said pilots' plane is already an earthbound fireball.

Ok my wingman are much better now that I've patched the game but their com sucks. I like how I can get individual Bingo calls, or wilco calls (a reply with their flight number)when I give them an order but why can't they call "Defensive" instead of the stupid "Get him off Me!" or how about "I can't shake him". Both of these calls are made with out a flight number. BTW I get chatter from dogfights 100nm away so I have to keep checking the map to see if it's my flight under attack or not.

I've seen the sound files. It looks simple enough to add the proper com. Does anyone know if there's an ini I can edit to adjust the com. Ideally I'd like to hear, "2's Defensive"

Now that I recall, if I ask 2 a status check he'll let me know if he's "engaged." I'd like him to call that out, as well as the rest of the flight, without me having to check his status.

Is there anyway to allow a status check of the rest of the flight?

Hit ctrl and R i think to target the friendly in trouble - then you can padlock him using F4 and swing towards him - often its a close by wingman - and IF you get there in time the Mig on his tail should be an easy target.

wrench

kevin stein

I agree

Hit ctrl and R i think to target the friendly in trouble - then you can padlock him using F4 and swing towards him - often its a close by wingman - and IF you get there in time the Mig on his tail should be an easy target.

That's what I've been doing... (I think that's target radio call?)... but the problem is they don't always call when defensive, don't ID themselves, and everyone else in a 100nm radius does the same thing. Makes their "get him off me" call pretty worthless. So I've been checking the map.

I've installed the ini edit (the link posted above) but I've spent the day trying to get new tga images to load in the RWR screen so haven't paid any attention to it yet.

Can you affect sounds to particular damage states? In CFS3 I made a really bad-taste, unrealistic mod where if the pilot was hit, he'd give out a long, blood-curdling scream!

I still have a lot to learn about the architecture of TW sims...

I forgot exactly where it's at, but there is a mod in the downloads (which i also need to get) that gives out callsigns. I had it on my last install and it was miles better than the stock stuff.

Beware that mod doesn't actually work as it's intended. The flight callsigns and numbers that get called out are totally random, and do not match with the flights engaged in the mission.

Try a single SEAD mission, and you'll start hearing all sorts of flight callsigns reporting SAM launches, even though your's is the only flight up.

I posted on the 3rd wire forums asking about how to get this mod to work correctly, but never got anywhere with it.

Beware that mod doesn't actually work as it's intended. The flight callsigns and numbers that get called out are totally random, and do not match with the flights engaged in the mission.

Try a single SEAD mission, and you'll start hearing all sorts of flight callsigns reporting SAM launches, even though your's is the only flight up.

I posted on the 3rd wire forums asking about how to get this mod to work correctly, but never got anywhere with it.

That explains some stuff :O

Yep, I've flown quite a bit with this mod just tonight. I think flights are calling out their correct number but aren't using their flight callsigns so it's pointless. If there was a way to add their flight callsigns it would be awesome. Viper 1 sam launch! OK, no worries since my flight is Gunhog. 2, Sam Launch! Great since there are 6 flights in the vicinity. Since the controlling agency can address individual flights by their callsigns and I've also heard individual flights calling for help, this may be possible. I still haven't dug into the ini. I thought I also saw that the mod was supposed to replace "radar off" with some formation options for "wingman." My dumbass wingman flies in close formation enroute to the target with me if I don't have a 4-ship. With 4 I can send them to "BOX!" and then have them loosen up to get to a decent formation. 2 spreads out also but not when there isn't a rear element.

BTW, I cannot get the RWR mod to install properly in WOI. I think I'm going to drop some bones on WOE2!