Sign in to follow this  
zzHOOTERzz

Su-7 Bandits like a negative 2 G push over

I've noticed that Arab Su-7's in WOI will nose over about -2G for an attack run or randomly when I'm trying to chase them down. I don't think they see me. I've got radar off and chase them at low six and their flight path is more or less straight except for the random 500kt 10 degree per second bunt. It's not a gun jink. It looks just like their attack run I've seen them do, strafing or shooting rockets, but they just kind of randomly bunt when flying around sometimes. Anyways, I doubt any sane pilot would do a -2G bunt for about anything. I would expect them to roll and pull for a diving attack or break into me if the see I'm about to gun 'em.

I say -2G because chasing them co-speed I can't follow them without redding out. I think it's an AI glitch or they're cheating.

I do have the latest patch. Anyone else see this? I don't suppose there is a quick fix to prevent them from doing more than a 0G bunt?

Cheers!

A crafty maneuver if you ask me.

But I'm not sure if they red out in the first place. :D

You were in a 2G negative dive with an SU-7!! - at what range!! :)

Pretty sure all the AI does that move now Ive noticed

One that annoys me is when you are chasing an AI plane and it slows down and begins to porpoise up and down.

One that annoys me is when you are chasing an AI plane and it slows down and begins to porpoise up and down.

The autopilot and your wingies do that too in SF2/V at low altitudes. For whatever reason the AI is deathly afraid of flying less than 300ft. AGL.

Slightly OT, but while playing a SEAD Instant Mission in A-7s, my flight was bounced by two Su-7s. Apparently, CAP is listed as a secondary mission in their .inis. They're fast and turn pretty well, but they don't last long before running out of fuel. I killed one and let the other go when it ran out of fuel; I still had AAA sites to bomb.

For whatever reason the AI is deathly afraid of flying less than 300ft. AGL.

One of the reasons of hugging the ground going AB away from the enemy area till you have a chance to time skip...Which I usually do when the air is thick of Fighters around.

You were in a 2G negative dive with an SU-7!! - at what range!! :)

Um, about 2 meters.

I know. It also breaks locks easily. At around 300ft. AGL, they'll lock you up but won't fire. I fly NOE anyways, it's one of my favorite things to do in flight sims. I'd just think it'd be a little more exciting if you had a bandit daring enough to follow you.

Case in point about the AI, I was trying to gun down a MiG-17 in my F-8C at low altitude. I went vertical and eventually got on his tail. The MiG split-Sed to the deck in full burner and I followed it. I figured we both had just enough room to pull out safely. Once it went below around 400ft., it started to porpoise and dove into the drink. Had it just stayed with the split-S instead, it would have cleared the water easily.

Um, about 2 meters.

And who was watching Cougar's back while you were showboating with the Su?

We were keeping up foreign relations...................., you know flipping him the bird. I hate it when it does that. No its true I got a polaroid of it.

Edited by MAKO69