Sign in to follow this  
Gr.Viper

Strike Fighters 2 Europe

Guest a10boar
I think their priority is to make every game Vista compatible then make the add-on planes.

We all know that an add-on for WOI / SF2:I has been in the works (but I guess put on hold).

That and the F-4 has been the flagship so to speak in ThirdWire series. There will be new games to come as stated by TK. So,let's just wait and see the what the future holds.

Btw,everyone has their own views and can respect that. Mine is of the multiplayer opinion and miss it. But, can not seeing paying $20 for multiplayer game and expect it to be good. So, I will settle for single player. Does not make me angry. Still takes me away from real life grind. And that is very welcomed!

I think their priority is to make every game Vista compatible then make the add-on planes.

We all know that an add-on for WOI / SF2:I has been in the works (but I guess put on hold).

All the old games are vista-compatible anyway, are they not?

I liked SF2 for the new cockpits, but frankly I've found SFV and SFE less essential because there's not much new for the money. Yeah, I know, support TK etc etc. I have done so. But, it occured to me that a "normal" game developer wouldn't deliver almost exactly the same game (+ better cockpits, - some planes), same old terrain etc. and expect people to buy it as if it was a new game. Having played SFE, I feel like loading up NF4 which is a better experience.

Not a huge issue, but I am now of the opinion that each addon should have had a new plane. Just my views.

is there any improvement in gameplay and graphics framerate with these new games, on an older system as compared to the older games?

These re-releases aren't meant to be innovating - that's why they are only $20. They are designed to work with Windows Vista. And there are new features that aren't in the WO* series. And Third Wire is not a "normal" developer. Normal devs have large teams, bigger budgets and take a lot longer to put out titles. You aren't going to get new aircraft in a $20 remake of a game. That's just not economically feasible as the cost to add a new aircraft is pretty staggering when you consider how much detail we just put into the SF2E aircraft.

But, it occured to me that a "normal" game developer wouldn't deliver almost exactly the same game (+ better cockpits, - some planes), same old terrain etc. and expect people to buy it as if it was a new game.

TK states in every other message that new releases are just compatibility update for Vista and DX10

The fact that there are any new things at all is a plus. Originally TK advertised these as Vista updates only.

Having played SFE, I feel like loading up NF4 which is a better experience.

I think I can speak for everyone who contributed to the NF series when I say thanks for that vote of confidence! :good:

Keep in mind though that the man hours that went into creating all of the mods in NF, and the time it took to integrate them, would require a price in excess of $250 if it were payware. :blink:

These re-releases aren't meant to be innovating - that's why they are only $20. They are designed to work with Windows Vista.

Funny how some seem to forget that very fact. Then bitch out of ignorance.

I could say only few things now, but:

1. Super Mysteres, Mysteres, Mirages and F-84F F-104s are very good and made flyable in a snap, but they haven't decals .... :blink:

2. Mig-21bis has new, own .lod files :good:

3. Mig-21MF etc. have several brand new grey/camo skins for Czch, Poland and DDR :biggrin:

4. Mig-23 line is quite full of variants, with new grey(!!)/camo skins :ok:

Paul

Edited by paulopanz

Has Damage Models been updated too? Have never seen this happen:

img00013f.jpg

Has Damage Models been updated too? Have never seen this happen:

img00013f.jpg

Well I messed up my A-10 pretty damn good.

Just noticed this.

I was waiting for someone to discover that, there are one or two other new AIs...

I could say only few things now, but:

1. Super Mysteres, Mysteres, Mirages and F-84F F-104s are very good and made flyable in a snap, but they haven't decals numbers.... :blink:

2. Mig-21bis has new, own .lod files :good:

3. Mig-21MF etc. have several brand new grey/camo skins for Czch, Poland and DDR :biggrin:

4. Mig-23 line is quite full of variants, with new grey(!!)/camo skins :ok:

Paul

I was waiting for someone to discover that, there are one or two other new AIs...

Then I killed him. :biggrin:

Waaait.. A Fresco with radar? Bang goes my hide-in-clouds-and-say-Boo tactic.

Guess, which wreck is mine?

img00268.JPG

A-10 wins "Slowest Turbine" award. Really slow spooling up.

and the shot aircraft...does it left debris when you kill it?

Edited by Silverbolt

If the plane doesn't explode mid-air it leaves a smoking wreckage on the ground. Parked planes, crashed planes, shot-down planes... Can't wait to add some black ornaments to Desert terrain.

Ok maybe I am going overboard here but does anyone else think that is just cool as hell to have the wreckage?

Ok maybe I am going overboard here but does anyone else think that is just cool as hell to have the wreckage?

One of the many little evolutions TK always throws in.

oh yeah, just IL-2, Lomac and now SF have this feature :good:

Just noticed this.

Did the terrain get bump maps? :blink:

Also, do any terrain mods from WoE work with SF2:E?

I need more trees and houses. :biggrin:

Gotta say guys you have done a really good job of selling SF2 Europe to me with these awesome shots. My internet connection is going to have a hammering this weekend because ill be buying all three of the second gen sims :biggrin: