Hellshade

Does P4 get it's own name?

OFF: Medals and Gravestones

OFF: Medals and Memorials

OFF: One Wing in the Air, Six Feet in the Ground

@RAF_Louvert: Really like the effect you have on the picture there - it looks aged, but not too grainy. good.gif

I decided to have a go too. Don't really like the font, but it was one of the closest to the real one I could find.

gallery_66678_643_636030.png

Very nice pic theultimat!

Captures a nice....err..."mood" for me - if that is the right word I am trying to convey. Perhaps "ambiance" may be better.

Looks to me like its time for a OFF wallpaper change. I shamelessly use others screen shots from here for my desktop wallpaper.

what's the most used word to describe the feeling in OFF? Immersion. since p4 is going to raise the immersionlevel to a major league level, how 'bout "OFF: Ultimate Immersion"

what's the most used word to describe the feeling in OFF? Immersion. since p4 is going to raise the immersionlevel to a major league level, how 'bout "OFF: Ultimate Immersion"

thats good too

Whatever too-long name is used, IMO "Eagle," "Canvas," "Knight," "Angel," and "Falcon," should not be used to avoid The Screaming Cliché Factor.

I agree Jim. It should be something more...subtle.

... OFF: Evolution ... OFF: Evolution ... OFF: Evolution ... OFF: Evolution ... OFF: Evolution ... OFF: Evolution ... OFF: Evolution ... OFF: Evolution ... OFF: Evolution

... OFF: Evolution ... OFF: Evolution ... OFF: Evolution ... OFF: Evolution ... OFF: Evolution ... OFF: Evolution ... OFF: Evolution ... OFF: Evolution ... OFF: Evolution

:grin:

Whatever too-long name is used, IMO "Eagle," "Canvas," "Knight," "Angel," and "Falcon," should not be used to avoid The Screaming Cliché Factor.

thank you. neither should Ace appear. :good:

look what i posted some days ago in this thread

i wouldn't give a name which mentiones aces, nor knights nor anything of that cliches (i think JFM once also mentioned something like that). most names like that in the past only concentrate of maybe 5% of all people involved and that's not what it should be about and it's IMO kind too hollywoodish and even unfair. the other 95% just get unmentioned. "between heaven and hell" is a superb name IMO because it left out all those cliches. everybody was involved with this name.

it should be something which all pilots and observers and mechanics of all sides had in common. no matter if ace or non-ace or just the airmechanic. they were part of a new weapon without earlier experiences. they were learning by doing and were growing with the new task. they were considered crazy to sit into such an aeroplane and carry the war into the air. if they would be supposed to fly, god would have given them wings. what they all had in common was, they were a special bunch of people.

over flanders fields: a special bunch

Edited by Creaghorn

Hehe...your killing me here Lou!

I now feel like some popcorn and a Coke.

Over Flanders Fields - The Rise of Screaming Canvas Knights and Angels Between Heaven and Hell

I know that I shall meet my fate

Somewhere among the clouds above;

Those that I fight I do not hate,

Those that I guard I do not love;

My country is Kiltartan Cross,

My countrymen Kiltartan's poor,

No likely end could bring them loss

Or leave them happier than before.

Nor law, nor duty bade me fight,

Nor public men, nor cheering crowds,

A lonely impulse of delight

Drove to this tumult in the clouds;

I balanced all, brought all to mind,

The years to come seemed waste of breath,

A waste of breath the years behind

In balance with this life, this death.

by W.B. Yeates

Obviously can't use the whole poem but how about this line..

tumult in the clouds

so OFF Tumult in the Clouds

It would be a good idea if we can find something that was wriiten by one of the flyers...as a sign of respect.

Edited by Wodin

I propose a radical change to something that nevertheless has a familiar ring and that evokes an element of the sim which all have experienced, namely:

'Under Flanders Fields'

Speaking of Tumult in the Clouds: http://www.aeronautbooks.com/product/978-1-935881-02-5 I like that title, but searching on Amazon you'll see a zillion other books with that title. Seems many have already dipped in that well. :dntknw:

Creaghorn, I swear I read all the posts in this thread but I dropped the ball somewhere because I overlooked that one!

Love the latest comedic names. :ok:

Over Flanders Fields IV. Like Led Zeppelin IV, only without the rock music.

For those of us who quit playing Worlds of Warcraft we could call it:

Over Flanders Fields: Wings of War

OFF WoW

:grin:

Hellshade

I like the working title of Peter Jackson's short movie clip with WW1 aircraft,

because it mentions, what ground tropps couldn't, but only aircraft could do

and had to do every day:

"Over Flanders Fields: Crossing the Lines"

Edited by Olham

crossing the lines sounds very good, but probably copyrighted.

how 'bout "OFF: Aura Nullius" which is latin and means the same like Terra nullius (no man's land) just in air, so no man's air.

We should do some research and find something in a poem or book that was said or written by a WW1 flyer...something that sound sright and is from the horses mout so to speak.

I do know Tumult in the clouds has been used alot...but I feel there is a reason for that...it sounds right..I for one would be very happy with that name...as like i said it's from a poem from a WW1 pilto who also wrote that superb book Winged Victory.

Edited by Wodin

when's Jackson going to finish that lovely piece of work?

We should do some research and find something in a poem or book that was said or written by a WW1 flyer...something that sound sright and is from the horses mout so to speak.

I do know Tumult in the clouds has been used alot...but I feel there is a reason for that...it sounds right..I for one would be very happy with that name...as like i said it's from a poem from a WW1 pilto who also wrote that superb book Winged Victory.

Ahem. You're getting your Yeats and Yeates confused Wodin. W. B. is the poet and V. M. the author of 'Winged Victory', respectively

I do like the theme though and any of those WW1 pilots' autobiography titles that Lou listed above would work as would others.

On behalf of the B. O. C. though I feel compelled to suggest 'Over Flanders Fields: Contact! Clear!' restraining myself from the 'tink... tink... tink...' on account of the possible detriment to sales.

Edited by Dej

Ahem. You're getting your Yeats and Yeates confused Wodin. W. B. is the poet and V. M. the author of 'Winged Victory', respectively

I do like the theme though and any of those WW1 pilots' autobiography titles that Lou listed above would work as would others.

On behalf of the B. O. C. though I feel compelled to suggest 'Over Flanders Fields: Contact! Clear!' restraining myself from the 'tink... tink... tink...' on account of the possible detriment to sales.

I stand corrected...fool that I am...wasn't thinking to be honest..I googled WW1 pilot poem and that came up so made assumptions wihtout fully thinking about it.

I also was thinking of Contact,Clear....

How about "OFF: Daring above the Clouds"

OlPaint

Edited by OlPaint01