Sign in to follow this  
Dave

F-22A Version 2.01 Update

Considering how many older planes I have in my old SFP1 install with the 06 patch, I'm never dumping that! I doubt half of those planes will ever get updated and I'm no good at doing it myself!

I moved my huge "sandbox" install to an external. I also found my original SFP1 cd i bought from AAFES in '02 and installed it for a minute for s**ts and giggles, my how times have changed.

Anyways not to hijack this any further, this mod looks pretty class. Can't wait for it.

Considering how many older planes I have in my old SFP1 install with the 06 patch, I'm never dumping that! I doubt half of those planes will ever get updated and I'm no good at doing it myself!

But you are sure missing out on alot of great stuff. Its night and day from the 06 patch stuff.

A few more picks. Updated model which is smoother between the wings and the fuselage. Also the rear area of the nose that meets the fuse is much more smoother. Awaiting the final pit. Thanks to Jat for the avionics.

img00016.JPG

Looks really good!

perfect to bust some J-10s and J-11s hehehe

Edited by Silverbolt

A Perfect Addittion to the soon-to-be-released B-1R :lol:

So who is going to be the first to re-create the B-1R and F-22A scene from Future Dogfights??? :biggrin:

Well I can say this. A campaign is being made.

Oh well how does the smoother model look? Dels did a great job I think.

Oh well how does the smoother model look? Dels did a great job I think.

It's stunning, especially in that last shot......

Definitely an improvement :good:

I got an airshow video of the Raptor, if needed for any extra FM tweaking.

ARRGH I hope those avionics work with the Oct08 patch. I'm dying to get my mitts on this Raptor :diablo:

Oh I wasn`t longer here and now this baby gets an overhowl!!! Good work and I love the smoothed areas!!! Wow realy stunning, will the tailarea upper engine part be smoothed to?

f22_09.jpg

Oh I wasn`t longer here and now this baby gets an overhowl!!! Good work and I love the smoothed areas!!! Wow realy stunning, will the tailarea upper engine part be smoothed to?

Can you be more specific? I am not seeing what you are seeing.

ARRGH I hope those avionics work with the Oct08 patch. I'm dying to get my mitts on this Raptor :diablo:

This is an SF2 version using SF2 avionics upgrades.

What I'm saying is some of the older planes that are basically "abandoned" by modders now gone will never work properly with 08 patch/SF2, so I'm not going to uninstall my older gen TW sims, I'll just leave those planes there because I certainly have neither the ability nor the time (that's a real big one there!) to get them to work myself.

The updates to the 3D model look great, as does that pit. Can notice the smoothing quite a lot when comparing to the original model.

One thing I noticed...

There's quite a noticeable "crease" on the topside of the fuselage in between the engines towards the rear, you can really see it here...

http://www.af.mil/shared/media/photodb/pho...F-6911G-997.jpg

take a look on the two engine humps on the back and compare it with the current model wich is flat...

f22_09.jpg

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=28101

the area looks like one curve on the current model, compared with the RL shot

Sounds like JimmyBib and this guy are talking about the same thing...a small crease between the engines on the upper fuselage.

It's up to Dels on this one.

FC

Sounds like JimmyBib and this guy are talking about the same thing...a small crease between the engines on the upper fuselage.

It's up to Dels on this one.

FC

Ah ok I see what you guys mean, I will let Dels know.

Great job! :good:

The cockpit is very nice !

Dels and I are both kicking our own asses for missing that engines bumps in the fuse. He is fixing it. I got the final pit. Disclaimer we are not saying that this is a reproduction of the F-22 pit. It is our rendition for time savings. (He is making a B-52 pit)

Looking really really really good guys! Looks like Joint Vision 2020 might happen sooner in SF2 than in the real world.

What is really cool is the automatic bays. I dont know why I think its cool but it is.