Sign in to follow this  
sitting_duck

MP SCHEDULE

Think its time we consider getting a schedule toghether so that pilots have an idea of what might be happening when.

Boys of 60 have one, and they run pretty smooth.

Games are going up alot more than they used to be (understatement to say the least), but its still hit or miss.

There are some obviouse problems that would have to be worked out,,,times that would accomadate everyone, whos going to host on such and such a day, and im sure a slew more. And some pilots might not like the idea of a structured schedule. Not saying this would have to be etched in stone, just something to give pilots an idea of what days there is at better than 50% chance there will be a game up.

But its just a thout, and am throwing it out there for ideas and or critisism,,,(my mother abused me as a child,,so i can take it..)

Have tossed one on here just as an example. Personally i would like to see more variety in what we play. In addition to teamdog fights, maybe throw in some competative ones, where labels, targeting helpers etc are not allowe,,,play in DiD standard if you will..

Same with missions.

MatMatt is working on getting campaign missions available in multiplayer, which i think is going to be a blast.

Wed, (and some others) are boys of 60 days, so was thinking good day to do Tuturials like ax had couple weeks ago.

And have asked Stump to make us some cool pylons, so we can have races...

Hoperfully, if we can get one worked out, incorporating everyones ideas, we can get it posted up on the Doves and Hawks site.

gallery_45808_317_20571.jpeg

Edited by sitting_duck

Think its time we consider getting a schedule toghether so that pilots have an idea of what might be happening when.

Boys of 60 have one, and they run pretty smooth.

Games are going up alot more than they used to be (understatement to say the least), but its still hit or miss.

There are some obviouse problems that would have to be worked out,,,times that would accomadate everyone, whos going to host on such and such a day, and im sure a slew more. And some pilots might not like the idea of a structured schedule. Not saying this would have to be etched in stone, just something to give pilots an idea of what days there is at better than 50% chance there will be a game up.

But its just a thout, and am throwing it out there for ideas and or critisism,,,(my mother abused me as a child,,so i can take it..)

Have tossed one on here just as an example. Personally i would like to see more variety in what we play. In addition to teamdog fights, maybe throw in some competative ones, where labels, targeting helpers etc are not allowe,,,play in DiD standard if you will..

Same with missions.

MatMatt is working on getting campaign missions available in multiplayer, which i think is going to be a blast.

Wed, (and some others) are boys of 60 days, so was thinking good day to do Tuturials like ax had couple weeks ago.

And have asked Stump to make us some cool pylons, so we can have races...

Hoperfully, if we can get one worked out, incorporating everyones ideas, we can get it posted up on the Doves and Hawks site.

gallery_45808_317_20571.jpeg

I would be for having any kind of a schedule, and know that the times and everything can be varied so that they can be joined by as many as possible. For me, its just a matter of finding the right time and one day is (luckily for me) totally different than another with part time work, fishing, grandkids and etc. I often don't know anything in advance. The talk of a dedicated server (if it can happen in the future) would be another welcome addition. I still look to the first chance I can and see if I can get connected. The last 3 days for example were filled with visitors (relatives) and I couldn't check email much less get in the air. You fellows are doing a fine job setting this up and I wanted to say thanks .

WONDER IF WE CAN GET MK2 OR OVS TO BE ABLE TO SET A MP CALNADER ON THIS SITE PERHAPS

Well...we might need something that everybody can edit...

was thinking of making up a Combat ace user that everyone could log onto as, not sure if it would work or not..

You can count me in on all but the "tac" and "targeting helpers disabled" sessions. Not having TrackIr yet, my only other way of looking about is padlock.

I'd like to host some team missions too, I've been flying the other trains mission all day today and it's tough. The AI isn't helping much and there's ace quality DR1's to contend with in addition to 3 trains and marching troops. The first train has no flak on it and I was surprised when the other two had a lot of it. By the time I got shot down there were no other allied planes left to spawn into. This is a tough mission, even tougher than the fuel train!

Yes an editable calendar would be great, or if that's not easily doable perhaps someone could collect the offers of hosting games and

keep a calendar type schedule here current so we could all view it anytime.

IM SURE I COUDL ALWAYSMAKE THE D AND H CALANDAR PUBLIC DOMAIN AND POSTED IN HERE I F NEED BE

The idea sounds pretty good to me, it would be nice to see what type of mission would be up in advance. If it gets popular enough more than one person may have to host, and it may be necessary to spit the channel in TS if two servers are up at once. Also the split channel would be nice during dogfight mission so each side could talk to their own members.

Beard

mk2 and erik,,,same person????

No sir.

I have created a new calendar for OFF. You can access it by clicking the Calendar link above. Once on the calendar page it will display the community calendar by default. You'll need to find the drop down menu in the middle of the page below the calendar to change it to the OFF MP calendar. There anyone can add events to the calendar but it will take a moderator like OvS to approve them. You can set single events, recurring events, etc so it should be pretty easy to manage. Once the calendar is set up you can have all the guys just look at the RSS feed for the OFF MP calendar. The RSS Feeds are available on any page in the forums. The button is generally in the lower left corner and is bright orange. Click that button and select OFF MP Calendar and it will show you the upcoming events for the upcoming 7 days.

Give it a try and we can modify if necessary from there.

Erik

Erik, that seems a great way to do it. I've added a session for Monday night 6/22 so when it's approved we'll see what it looks like.

Approved ... from here on out the OFF moderators will approve them, but I approved this one so you could see what it looks like.

E

Thanks Erik.

Thats what I love about this forum... people go out of their way to help!

yeah,,,,a great solution!!!!!

now all we have to do is decide how to use it best.

do you pilots want structured games, or would you prefer to do everything "on the fly" (no pun intended)

keep in mind, if we attempt to structure it, we will still need people to volunteer to host on any particular nite.

OVS, how much time do you want pilots to give you to approve entries?

and Erik, sorry about the confusion,,just happen to notice that your av said admin/owner,,,

so,,whos the boss?

This will work great! I just hope people will remember to check the calendar. Right now everyone goes by what's on the MP forum. We also need some volunteers to host timely sessions that the Europeans can join. And just so everyone is clear, when I run a session I will not run free-for-all dogfights. All my games will be geared towards the cooperation of pilots working together to achieve mutual goals. I will run co-op missions where everyone is on the same side against AI planes and I will fly Team dogfight missions when there are enough people online to have two decent sized teams. And we will start using two channels on TS for these types of games. Most of you have flown in my games already so you know how my MP sessions go.

As soon as I get all the details sorted out, I'm for it. I have beau coup time to host games.

I'd be glad to host early games that the Europeans could join. My time is U.S.A - California - San Diego - pacific daylight time. If I hosted a game around 10am, 11am or noon, that would be 6, 7 or 8 pm London time. Here's a great time zone converter: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

I could host a 10am or 11am or noon game on most Saturdays and Sundays or, since I'm retired and pretty much home all day, a weekday holiday if someone could let me know when any Euro holidays are coming up.

I also prefer to host cooperative missions, but I'll do some team dogfights if we get enough players.

Sounds good to me Winston. I'm here in upstate California and prefer those earlier morning games. Wife usually doesn't move until noonish on the weekends ;)

Beard

Winston,

I'll actually be in San Diego all next week! That's where we are going on vacation. My daughter is going to a Marine Biology camp for the week. My wife and the two boys will be hitting the beach! Got any tips of good places to visit? When I get there I can pm you on the laptop and maybe we can meet up somewhere.

Wouldn't that be something! Two Off pilots from two opposite coasts meeting up!

Axe

Winston,

I'll actually be in San Diego all next week! That's where we are going on vacation. My daughter is going to a Marine Biology camp for the week. My wife and the two boys will be hitting the beach! Got any tips of good places to visit? When I get there I can pm you on the laptop and maybe we can meet up somewhere.

Axe

hmm not to far from tj hahahaha

Winston,

Axe

I'll PM you with my phone number. Call me when you get here, I'm home 90% of the time. I'm about 25 min away from downtown San Diego but we can meet up there. The Aerospace museum in Balboa park is a cool place. We can meet there if you can do a Yahoo map or something. It used to be $12 to get in (not sure now) and it takes a few hours to see everything. Also Balboa park is a great place to take the whole family, there's so much to see there, something for everybody.

If there's any other OFF pilots in So-Cal that want to hook up with us next week, let me know.

Edited by Winston DoRight

Winston,

Got your PM with your number. I asked my wife about Balboa Park and she has heard of it and it sounds cool. When we get settled and figutr out what we are doing I will geve you a shout. I will have a laptop with teamspeak on it so we can communicate that way as well.

We will play it by ear!

Ax

Remember gentlemen --

As you put calendar events on the calendar you'll need to contact one of the OFF Moderators like OvS to have them approve the calendar event. To do this he will need to view the OFF Multiplayer Calendar. (Click "Calendar" above in the site menu > The default CombatACE calendar comes up. Directly below the big calendar in the middle of the page there is a drop-down box to change your view. Select OFF Multiplayer Calendar > The OFF MP Calendar will appear. The calendar events that are not approved will be purplish/red. > Click that event and you will see the moderator tools just like the posts here to "approve / make visible" a topic. > Click approve and it appears to the public and should not be publish/red anymore.

I say this because I noticed an event that hasn't been approved yet.

Just me ... E

Remember gentlemen --

As you put calendar events on the calendar you'll need to contact one of the OFF Moderators like OvS to have them approve the calendar event. To do this he will need to view the OFF Multiplayer Calendar. (Click "Calendar" above in the site menu > The default CombatACE calendar comes up. Directly below the big calendar in the middle of the page there is a drop-down box to change your view. Select OFF Multiplayer Calendar > The OFF MP Calendar will appear. The calendar events that are not approved will be purplish/red. > Click that event and you will see the moderator tools just like the posts here to "approve / make visible" a topic. > Click approve and it appears to the public and should not be publish/red anymore.

I say this because I noticed an event that hasn't been approved yet.

Just me ... E

OK, thanks Erik. Learning something everyday... and how AWESOME this forum is!! I will monitor the calendar from now on. Guys, if I don't approve things in time, drop me a PM! :)