Sign in to follow this  
mppd

Coming soon - New F-4s

Coming soon - from Crab_02 and Mike D. - (still some textures to fix).

More accurate F-4 series. Starting with the 1965 F-4Cs. All new (correct shaped) vertical stab and rudder, correct nose gear doors, detailed pylons and AIM-9 rails, animated air refueling door, correct drop tanks the pylons stay attached to them when jettisoned), better external model cockpit(hardly visible unless you open the canopies). Martin Baker Mk7 seats by Ravenclaw_007, pilots courtesy of Old Diego. 1024 pixel textures for now - 2048 if Sundowner makes some up. Correct serial numbers for TDY units in Southeast Asia 1965. Existing F-4 textures will work with some tweaking.

Less than "two weeks". Coming soon - 1966 F-4Cs, 1967 F-4Cs with tailcodes, then better F-4Ds.

Mike D.

Edited by mppd

Excellent. The attention to detail you give the Phantom is awesome Mike. Looking forward to this one for sure!

-Jeff

How about the B and J model????? lol, u guys gonna leave the Navy/MC Phantoms out?????????? :biggrin:

O.K. - the Marines are in. But Navy...I dunno....

Yes, Crab started stuff for B and N model as well, J too. But not until C/D are squared away.

O.K. - the Marines are in. But Navy...I dunno....

Yes, Crab started stuff for B and N model as well, J too. But not until C/D are squared away.

That's Cool to hear! :good:

Here's a "Bee-Line" Rule of Thumb:

A F-4B is a F-4N....

A F-4J is a F-4S....

Early RF-4B is a Late one with RHAW....

Question: Will the F-4C/D Package superceed Your TailCode Decals Version 2 ? If so, that would be cool because I've got the old Package working well in SF2V. Even the Squadronlist.INI needed very little editting.

Semper Fi!

331KillerBee :wink:

Edited by 331Killerbee

Question: Will the F-4C/D Package superceed Your TailCode Decals Version 2 ? If so, that would be cool because I've got the old Package working well in SF2V. Even the Squadronlist.INI needed very little editting.

I figured that I'd add the tailcodes to the 1967 version of the C model - for SEA that will only be for the 12th TFW at CRB and 8th TFW at Ubon by squadron. 1967 F-4D package will include 8th TFW Ubon and 432nd TRW Udorn tailcodes with serials by squadron. If we're going to do this, we might as well try to do it right. I have the info for correct serials so I'll try to be as accurate as possible. I'll tweak the Gunfighters decals for the C and D as separate packs. The 1972 pack will have the tape light versions of the F-4D by unit. EF-4C from Kadena in 1972 separate, etc.

I've been wanting to overhal the tailcode project for USAF F-4s and this would be the best way. Now we can fly real serials with real squadrons.

I had the drag chute door animated but now it's not working, so I dumped it.

Mike

Edited by mppd

Hey, nice to see another Rhino emerges^^. Any news about the N?

I can't wait :biggrin:

Will there be any new RAF, or RN variants. I've always liked the F-4M!

I'm not sure who has the source files for the F-4K/M but they are welcome to add my parts to them also. The biggest change is in the tail and nose gear doors, those changes alone make it look a lot more like a Phantom II to me.

Mike D.

I'm not sure who has the source files for the F-4K/M but they are welcome to add my parts to them also. The biggest change is in the tail and nose gear doors, those changes alone make it look a lot more like a Phantom II to me.

Mike D.

Mike,

Don't forget the larger intakes, aux inlet doors and Spey Engines.

But with the FG.1 you can do Royal Navy (892 NAS) and RAF skins. When surplus F.1 were made available, 43 Squadron got them for the RAF. They then got the SUU-23 capability.

Jeff

Don't forget the larger intakes, aux inlet doors and Spey Engines.

Jeff

Yes of course, I meant the changes I made to this base model! Brit F-4s are not really my thing, but if someone is interested I'll share it (with Crab's permission of course).

Mike

Guys, that is just GREAT news...thank you very much! Assume these models will work with WOV or are these for SF2V?

Yes of course, I meant the changes I made to this base model! Brit F-4s are not really my thing, but if someone is interested I'll share it (with Crab's permission of course).

Mike

Sorry Mike. My mistake. I didn't read that way. Looking forward to what you've got in the line up.

I set it up for regular WOV. I can copy the relevant portions of the data.ini to make a post Oct-patch version to include. If Sundowner makes hi-rez skins for it, I assume that he'll make it up for SF2-Vietnam. Almost done with my base textures, will work on some decals for serial numbers tonight.

Mike