Sign in to follow this  
MAKO69

Cute Plane

On Airliners.net looking at planes and this pops up. My 4 year daughter sitting next to me says "Oh daddy I love that plane its cute." "I want one." I said if we had the money to buy that plane we would'nt we would get something a little more comfy.

Edited by MAKO69

A Baby C-5!

Kawasaki C-1

i like it too...

here we are developing a similar plane

1st concept:

macxc3901.jpg

embraer-c390.JPG

2 concept:

air_kc-390_refuels_amx_concept_lg.jpg

Russia and India were developing one similat to both, but i don't remember the status now

India MTA

in_mta1_001.jpg

Edited by Silverbolt

The Kawasaki C-1, it is a little dumpy but has given good service to my knowledge over the years. Isn't it due for replacement?

I saw the YC-14 and 15 at Pima Air Museum in the 80s. Apparently shortly afterwards they pulled them both out for further testing in support of the C-17 program.

I saw the YC-14 and 15 at Pima Air Museum in the 80s. Apparently shortly afterwards they pulled them both out for further testing in support of the C-17 program.

They are still there last time I checked, which was about 2yrs ago.....

ah yes, the dwarfs of the cargo plane world. Personally, I don't see the advantage of a little jet-engined cargo plane over a C-130, but some countries just have to be different...

The main thing would be absolute speed, but only if the aircraft could retain C-130 STOL capabilities.

A C-130 is SLOOOOWWW....

FC

Oh I got STOL and speed here. The wife's rig set up for trans national travel. Massachusettes to Orlando FL 18.5 hrs.

Edited by MAKO69

They were pulled out, but yes the YC-14 and 15 were returned there after the C-17 began to enter service.

The main thing would be absolute speed, but only if the aircraft could retain C-130 STOL capabilities.

A C-130 is SLOOOOWWW....

FC

well, I suppose that in the cargo hauling biz, capacity AND speed both come before beauty...

I'd like to see a C-130 conversion with some little jets and some type of flap-blowing mechanism. Perhaps cheaper then a new plane, and probably nicer looking...

There was talk of a tilt wing/rotor-type C-130 sized plane, looking like a cross between a C-130 and a V-22 with 4 rotors/engines...2 on the front wing, 2 on the rear wing. Doubt anything will come of it.

There was talk of a tilt wing/rotor-type C-130 sized plane, looking like a cross between a C-130 and a V-22 with 4 rotors/engines...2 on the front wing, 2 on the rear wing. Doubt anything will come of it.

X-22.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell_X-22

Edit: About the Yc-14... An-70 Coaler anyone? :grin:

Edited by TX3RN0BILL

Let us not forget the Canadair (General Dynamics) CL-84 Dynavert. It was an early contendor in the tilt-rotor race and even preformed trials on the USS Guam in 1971. It was too small to be taken seriously as a cargo plane though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadair_CL-84

@ Bill, yeah, the An-70 looks like the type of plane to have. Those counter-rotating propfans look like real maintenance buggers, but a nice comprimise between turboprops and jets, especially for a STOL transport.