Sign in to follow this  
pistitom

Darker night & night vision

Hello, is there a chance to have darker night with night vision goggles? Files created? Didn't find anything related to this...THX

lol i was wondering too if we can have night vision goggles in TW series. I don't know about darker sky though, i thought the high altitude have bright night sky

Edited by JDSnypes

I don't know about darker sky though, i thought the high altitude have bright night sky

LOL, if the sky gets almost black at altitude during the daytime (dark enough to see stars at noon), what on earth would lead you to believe that it's lighter at night? :rolleyes:

Light pollution from the cites???? :rofl: Moonglow??? Earthglow??? Zodical light??? :dntknw:

wrench

kevin stein

Didn't Jane's USAF have a night vision mode ? Never owned it but seem to remember a screenie from somewhen.

Didn't Jane's USAF have a night vision mode ? Never owned it but seem to remember a screenie from somewhen.

:yes:

currently, darker nights are possible by modding environmentsystem.ini I think, but night vision ain't

I tested something putting a 'bubble' around the pilot's POV that basically added a green filter to everything when you turned the lights on, but it really wasn't green enough. The problem is you'll start losing visibility if you try to make it real green by making it more opaque.

FC

I tested something putting a 'bubble' around the pilot's POV that basically added a green filter to everything when you turned the lights on, but it really wasn't green enough. The problem is you'll start losing visibility if you try to make it real green by making it more opaque.

FC

Fake pilot method..? Modding HUD to display green image is also an option

I had built a aircraft model with a sphere around the pilot's eyepoint, but all the faces turned inward, then treated like a slimer in the data.ini. Makes everything have a green tint when the lights are turned on, to simulate wearing NVGs. The TGA I used was pretty transparent. I could try with a pretty close to opaque TGA and see what happens...

FC

LOL, if the sky gets almost black at altitude during the daytime (dark enough to see stars at noon), what on earth would lead you to believe that it's lighter at night? :rolleyes:

eer, full moon? lots of stars? city lights? lots of things that can light up the sky

OK, forget the dark skies, it is indeed dark enough, I was more curious on this NVG matter...it sure would be nice to have sg. like in the Falcon series...But I'm not a modder, I leave these things to the pros...:-) Offtopic, do You think there will be a newer F-14 release anytime soon, with a bit more sophisticated cockpit and textures? (eg. Mirage F. Mig-29)?

Many patches ago, the sky was too dark and there was a lighter night mod to fix it.

NVG ops would be cool though.

eer, full moon? lots of stars? city lights? lots of things that can light up the sky

Those things appear to "light up the sky", due to atmospheric light scattering at lower altitudes. Think of a car's headlights reflecting off of fog (in effect, scattering), and you'll understand. The atmospheric density decreases with altitude, diminishing the light scattering effect.

Can't recall if USAF had it, but I know Falcon 4.0 did.

Offtopic, do You think there will be a newer F-14 release anytime soon, with a bit more sophisticated cockpit and textures? (eg. Mirage F. Mig-29)?

If you mean the faked "analog" HUD, its been updated many times, just download the desert storm mod. But yes, they are working on a new kitty.

You didn't hear this from me.... :wink:....but the new MF F-14 series will be 'superior' in quality to the MF's MiG-29.... :biggrin:

I was not aware cockpits could look any better than the mig-29s :blink:

I was not aware cockpits could look any better than the mig-29s :blink:

Trust me, Adrian outdid himself, yet again.

This is a vital part of modern day operations that's for sure. Finally someone cracked how to do it in FSX/FS9 very recently, so I'm sure there must be a way this could be included in the Thirdwire series.

The FLIR screen presently requires a node (part of a .lod) onto which it can be "projected".

Not sure if the enbseries .dll creator could be contacted or agree to do this, but if bloom and the other stuff is possible, tweaking the brightness/contrast and adding a green filter should be possible.

What about a light source? The landing gear lights illuminate the ground. Why not have a green light emitted from the aircraft that illuminates everything on a 360 deg scale on all axis with an unlimited range?

Then from external camera everthing will look like it's the night of the flying dead.

You didn't hear this from me.... :wink: ....but the new MF F-14 series will be 'superior' in quality to the MF's MiG-29.... :biggrin:

ok, I didn't hear that from You and I don't even believe it 'till I see it...'cause it's gonna be awesome if it's true...man, I can't wait...