Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

To my American Friends

Just coming on to wish all the Yanks on here a splendid fourth of July for Tomorrow!

(I wont be around tomorrow, so I thought I would say it now)

Have a very nice day y'all :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Just coming on to wish all the Yanks on here a splendid fourth of July for Tomorrow!

No hard feelings then, about that 'Revolution thing'?

No hard feelings then, about that 'Revolution thing'?

Of course not!.... It's nice when 'gifted amatuers' do so well! :biggrin:

Happy Fourth of July to all our American friends from Down Under.

...and from Berlin too!

Thanks for the "Happy 4th", from around the world.

The world is truely a small and wonderful place now. Let hope for better times next year.

Edited by buddye

To add some colour... ...don't ask me who's dog it is; found the picture.

"When, in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bonds which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the laws of nature and of nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security." (July 4, 1776)

Thank you to everyone for the warm wishes, from a proud and humbled American. Let's remember those of every nation who have fought for the freedoms that all people deserve, around the world, and in every era. May God bless and keep us all. Happy Independence Day !

Salute!

Lou

"When, in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bonds which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the laws of nature and of nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security." (July 4, 1776)

Thank you to everyone for the warm wishes, from a proud and humbled American. Let's remember those of every nation who have fought for the freedoms that all people deserve, around the world, and in every era. May God bless and keep us all. Happy Independence Day !

Salute!

Lou

Amen to that!! :good:

Beautiful. As we say around these parts... they don't write 'em like that any more.

Happy Independence Day.

*mutter... colonial rabble-rousers... mutter... ungrateful lackeys... mutter :grin:

Thank you to everyone around the world for your warm wishes

A special thanks to the veterans whoose service made this possible

And prayers for those who made the ultimate sacrifice so that we can live free

Let's hope that next year everyone who looks up at an exploding shell can do so in the celebration of freedom

Happy 4th all,

fireworks.gif

Happy 4th all,

fireworks.gif

Oh say, can you see by the dawns early light what so proudly we hailed at the twilights last gleaming?

Whose broad stripes and bright stars through the perilous fight o'er the ramparts we watched were so galantly streaming.

And the rockets red glare.

The bombs bursting in air, gave proof through the night THAT OUR FLAG WAS STILL THERE!

Oh say, does that star spangled banner yet wave for the land of the free and the home of the brave?

YER DAMN RIGHT IT DOES

This is one of my favorite holidays of all. I really like fireworks (my girlfriend seems to think it's a "boys like stuff that shines and blows up" sort of thing), and I like the history of the holiday. I'm a New Englander originally, from rural western CT. There's a very rich history and heritage there.

The wind is a bit out of the sails this year since the bar exam is the last week in July.

I only wish she'd let me get a flintlock...

Thank you all for the well wishing. You're all Aces in my book. I do have a book you know. May those that serve the cause of freedom live long in our memories.

Hey, CJ - the Village People reunion on 4th of July?

Beautiful. As we say around these parts... they don't write 'em like that any more.

Isn't that a J. Geils Band song?

Anyways, Happy 4th to all of my fellow Americans, especially those still serving in uniform. A special thank you to my British friends who prove that no matter how great the differences may be, it is still possible to find common ground and become strong friends.

Hellshade

Of course not!.... It's nice when 'gifted amatuers' do so well!

Well...we learned from the best.

Well...we learned from the best.

heehee..well, what is certainly true of us Brits..is we often 'invent' the game (Cricket, Football, Tennis, Golf.... and then we find everyone else is better at it!)

Have a good 'un m8...I'm off Fishing...as the weather is good!

Happy 4th guys! :smile:

Happy Independence Day from me too. I know from personal experience how valuable independence is to a nation. Many people just don't seem to realize it and take all the good things for granted.

Thanks for the wonderful and kind wishes from everyone here on the board.

At least here, sometimes, it seems that WWI was the war to end all wars.

Well, you forgot the 2. world war, perhaps?

But after that war, it seems the nations with a similar attitude have decided to rather co-exist on

a peaceful level. Let us all hope, the lessons are learnt forever.

Well, if u think about it, the US has fought the British, then became allies with em. Then fought the Germans, twice, became allies, with them as well, and it seems like that happens with everyone we fight, lol, they become our allies.

There is a saying: if you can't beat them - join them! (If they let you...) Doesn't always work.

But yes, the influence of America on Germany is clearly visible.

My personal favourite: "Dr. House" - a series I MUST see every week. And, hey! - there's even an

Englishman in there! If that's not a good sign?