Sign in to follow this  
GhostDog

Small Speed Tip For Xp

Its only a little thing but it does usually speed things up, if only by a little.

XPhome or proffesional assigns priorities to the procceses it runs and by default your procceses will run as "normal". If you up the prority for Lomac to "high" you make sure that Lomac gets as much attention from the OS as possible. This will not make any giant increase in performance but it might give you a frame or two when you most need it.

How to:

1: Right-click on the shortcut for lomac and choose "properties"

2:in the target line write:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /c start "runhigh" /high "C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On\LockOn.exe

Note!: if you have installed either Lomac or winXP to a different directory than i, remember to change the targetline accordingly

Sometimes raising the priority can cause some weirdiness but I've been using it for a while now without any trouble at all :)

Well I tried it and picked up a few. When flying low to the ground and passing into smoke from ground fires my FPS would drop to about 9-10. Now with this tip I can do the same and FPS hover about 22.

Good job GhostDog.

don't worry its not permanent ;)

you just open your Lomac shortcut and remove the first part of the line... or even make a new shortcut alltogether. And it doesn't affect anything else but Lomac.

I just made a shortcut to LOMAC on the desktop and renamed it to Lock On Speed. Then did the change to it. So now I have 2 shortcuts on the desktop.

I tried it and is win told me that the target line is invalid. But it's the standard target line from install... Weird. Any ideas?

Sorry if this is a silly question, but when you launch a game from ubisoft.com lobby, will it use the speed shortcut or not? I made 2 shortcuts from desktop as suggested from above, naming the new one LockOn Speed. Do I have to make a change elsewhere to have the computer use the Speed shortcut when the game automatically launches from ubisoft.com lobby? How will it know if I have two shortcuts on my desktop?

ahh..good question. I allways connect directly to a host.

You can allways make sure or do it manually. Press control-alt-del an go to the "processes" tab. Right-click on the process called "lockon.exe" and click on "set priority". If its allready in high then all should be good -if not you might have to do this when starting through the Ubi-ware.

target line invalid message for me to! I tryed 4 times. if you need me I will be in smok'in hole on the mountain side

target line invalid message for me to!  I tryed  4 times. if you need me I will be in smok'in  hole on the mountain side

you need to put the location of the exe file instead of what is written here

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /c start "runhigh" /high "|real location here|\LockOn.exe"