Sign in to follow this  
Panama Red

Additional SPADs in future patches ?

Are the SPAD VII 180hp, SPAD XIII 200hp and SPAD XIII 220hp going to be added to the game in future patches since these only require a FM change and no model change ???

Yeah, the souped up Spud 7 was used right to the end of the war, and favoured by many pilots because it was more manoeurable. With any luck, and many hours on Pol's part, we can get some more upengined machines. But again, like always, it's a question of so much to do, and not enough hands or hours in the day.

Cheers,

shredward

SPAD VII 150hp service dates: Start 09/1916, End~11/1917 or 15 months (OFF plane)

SPAD VII 180hp service dates: Start 04/1917, End~06/1918 or 15 months

SPAD XIII 200hp service dates: Start 05/1917, End~04/1918 or 12 months

SPAD XIII 220hp service dates: Start 02/1918, End 11/1918 or 10 months

SPAD XIII 235hp service dates: Start 08/1918, End 11/1918 or 4 months (OFF plane)

The SPAD VII 180hp was used as long (15 months) as the SPAD VII 150hp, so it is just as important.

The SPAD XIII 200hp was used for 12 months (longer than either the 220hp or 235hp), but it was the one with the most engine problems so tends to be forgotten.

The SPAD XIII 220hp was used far longer (10 months) than the OFF portrayed SPAD XIII 235hp (4 months).

This is why I asked if these important SPADs will be added to OFF since it only takes a FM change to the existing models versus creating new planes from scratch.

Edited by Panama Red

The SPAD XIII 220hp was used far longer (10 months) than the OFF portrayed SPAD XIII 235hp (4 months).

Think this Spad was chosen to get the American Squads into the fray despite it's short war service

How about the Brisfits?

Remember reading somewhere that the 2nd generation Biffs were fitted with Hispano Suiza's due to an engine shortage

Sure would be nice to run into some underpowered Biffs

Yeah, it would be great to have more models of the same planes with improved engines - now we have such variation with Albatrosses and also some SE.5's. That 180 hp Spad VII would be a nice addition, as I like the VII more than the XIII, and it was also in common use. I know nothing about making new FMs and such, but I imagine it would require less work than making completely new plane models from scratch. Who knows what we'll have in the future... I hope we'll see many new add-on packs! :yes:

Think this Spad was chosen to get the American Squads into the fray despite it's short war service

How about the Brisfits?

Remember reading somewhere that the 2nd generation Biffs were fitted with Hispano Suiza's due to an engine shortage

Sure would be nice to run into some underpowered Biffs

i personly woudl love to see these int he game eventullly

jsut imagine 2 vickers fwd faceing 1 or 2 lewis fwd faceing and then of coures the obs guns

post-24208-1246884275_thumb.jpg

i personly woudl love to see these int he game eventullly

jsut imagine 2 vickers fwd faceing 1 or 2 lewis fwd faceing and then of coures the obs guns

Stumper, Do you know if these were field mods or was there that much production variability?

I'm wondering if the Hisso Biffs had reduced armament to save weight

Its not high on the priority list at the moment - at some point I am sure we can do it but when it the problem. Unfortunately it's more than just an FM change (and testing) - we have to have also have the correct craft allocated to the correct squadrons /dates /skins etc via the manager.

As Shred says so much to do.

The VII in the game is the 180 if I remember.

i also knwoof a couple of spad 13 that the 94 aero flew for jsut hte last few days of the war that also added the 2x lewis option on top of the wing illhave to find thwe refernece for it again but i did make a lod 100 model of it and it is defintly a blast to fly see this thread http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showt...mp;#entry293689

Edited by stumpjumper