• Great Britain
    • Germany
    • France
    • South America
    • Other Europe
    • Canada
    • Australia/NZ
    • Other

Hey - the world is small! Which restaurantscene is that, Rickity - must watch it again.

The restraunt scene has some metal sculptures on the wall. Ship or paddlewheeler. The name of the place is Tinnucci's. One hell of a good american style all you can eat buffet. Walk in, waddle out. :bad:

Well the world is getting even smaller Rickitycrate, because if you are referring to Tinucci's in Newport I have sampled their cuisine many times. Most of my wife's immediate family live in either St. Paul Park or Woodbury and Tinucci's is one of their favorite spots to go and grab a bite. Outstanding full menu, great Italian dishes, rotisserie chicken to kill for, and one of the best Friday night fish frys I have ever had anywhere, and I have been to a lot of fish frys in a lot of places in this little ol' world.

:biggrin:

Cheers!

Lou

Well the world is getting even smaller Rickitycrate, because if you are referring to Tinucci's in Newport I have sampled their cuisine many times. Most of my wife's immediate family live in either St. Paul Park or Woodbury and Tinucci's is one of their favorite spots to go and grab a bite. Outstanding full menu, great Italian dishes, rotisserie chicken to kill for, and one of the best Friday night fish frys I have ever had anywhere, and I have been to a lot of fish frys in a lot of places in this little ol' world.

:biggrin:

Cheers!

Lou

That is of course one and the same. A truely good place to eat if you don't overdo it. I have a sister in Woodbury and I get down to St.Paul PArk evry 2 weeks. I am maybe 15 minutes away. Might see you there sometime!

Are you all playing jokes with me here? I mean - look at a map - America is REALLY big.

And now comes Cameljockey and says, thay made Forrest Gump in his hometown;

next comes Rickitycrate, and states, they made part of "Fargo" in his favourite restaurant, Tinnucci's;

and, not enough, comes Lou to say, all his family goes regularly to Tinnucci's - and we remember, America

is really big, Germany would fit into the size of California at least twice - so I ask you:

are you trying to fool me? (Lol!)

Edited by Olham

I don't believe anyone is trying to fool you Olham. It really is getting to be a smaller world. The human web and six degrees of separation. It wouldn't surprise me too much if I found out I've been to a restaurant you've been to as well. :smile:

Cheers!

Lou

LOL! Well Olham, I was over in Germany when they opened the first one in West Berlin in 1976. So...yeah...maybe. :biggrin:

Cheers!

Lou

Burger King?

That's 1 degree of separation, not six. And for me, it would have to be 180 degrees of separation.. can't stand fast food anymore, or instant coffee, etc. About 30 years ago I discovered real food and there's no going back. :biggrin:

Was meant to be jokin'.

I do sometimes enjoy a "real good" Hamburger - so not from the above. We have some good

Burger grills in Berlin. But my favourite meals are different - Italian-French-Europe mix, and

Asian, mostly Japanese (I love Sushi !!!)

Sushi you can keep Olham. But the burgers, now that's a different story, and I actually had a pretty good one down in Bremgarten once.

Cheers!

Lou

(I love Sushi !!!)

Now you're talking! Me too!

My wife is Asian and she turned me on to sushi years ago.

sushi.jpg

YUM!!

HomeBoy, that is a form of cruel sadism, to show this pic now - I'm sittinghere hungry!

After Siggi, you are the next lucky man who is married to an Asian lady, who can make

Sushi. Right now, I would love to have a plate with just two Negitoro Maki and two California Maki -

well, and a Sashimi moriawase perhaps on top (dream, dream!!!)

Wow! You guys know what that fish would go good with? A Grill and some teriyaki sauce!! Haaahaha. Ahem. Sorry fella's....couldn't resist. :rofl:

ZZ :wink:

Edited by zoomzoom

Sorry bout that Olham. That was kinda mean huh?

I tell you. I could eat a full meal and come home to a plate like that and still everything on the plate (including the cucumbers!).

What's that advertising line? "There's always room for Jello!" Well, I say, there's always room for sushi! It's my favorite food without a doubt. That's saying something based on the "meat and potatoes" area I grew up in!

Snoops,

Thanks for looking in - if you can give us all a tableau of that area, I'm sure it would be appreciated.

There's a direct and very palpable link between Britain and France - ignore the nonsense you might find in populist British papers (usually Murdoch owned) - there's a lot more goodwill than the media might have you suspect.

Absolutely!..I have spent many Fishing holiday's in France, and the people are fantastic!..friendly and very willing to extend a warm welcome to us Brits!

(the bad press should be more inclined towards drunken British Yobs causing trouble in Calais!...pretty much the same story throughout the Middle Ages too!!) :biggrin:

California boy, thru and thru. Born in Santa Barbara, spent 20 years in the wine country north of San Francisco (enjoying the wine and fishing as much as I could), and transplanted now to Oahu, Hawaii.

Italian name and heritage, but english/irish/scottish mix from my mom's side.

Italian cooking is my favorite, and yes SUSHI FTW! Another great reason to live in Hawaii! Sushi everywhere, anytime.

I come from a very long line of anarchists, bandits, pirates, and failed revolutionaries. My ancestors were chased out of many countries and stomped flat wherever they tried to set up their own. I therefore claim no nationality to any extant country. IOW, don't blame me, I just live here ;)

ZoomZoom, Dimus - if you PM me your nationality and home town, I'll add you to the OFF Europe map.

If you like.

Well, since "Ostfriese" is not a nationality (like Dej's "welsh"), I'm German then, living in Berlin,

but going back to my native region by the north sea often, for short-breaks and see breezes.

If any other Europeans want to join in to my "OFF-Freaks Europe Map", please tell me your

native hometome, and I'll fit you in. Enjoy!

That's Great Olham!!!...well done m8 :good: :yes:

Thank you! I'm thinking of making a new thread of that map, so more people find it

and will hopefully join in there. You're all welcome.

Thank you! I'm thinking of making a new thread of that map, so more people find it

and will hopefully join in there. You're all welcome.

Good idea...an American one would be good as well?..maybe a sticky?

Good idea...an American one would be good as well?..maybe a sticky?

Yeah, don't be so cheap, geez. :dntknw:

But maybe the sticky should be on the General Help page?

Edited by Rickitycrate

ZoomZoom, Dimus - if you PM me your nationality and home town, I'll add you to the OFF Europe map.

If you like.

Ah, I wish I could Olham, I would love to be included in the OFF Europe map, but alas I live in America,...Virginia to be exact. Have a pretty long History here as well. My 4th or 5th Great Grandfather was the first (or only I can't recall which) Knight to be buried in America, and one of the first governors of Virginia, Sir George Yeardley. Our family boasts both a signer of the Constitution, and Declaration of Independance, Daniel Carroll, and Charles Carrol of Carrollton, who by the way to our amusement was used in the movie "National Treasure" as the transferrer of all the secrets of the treasure. Silly movie really, and no, we don't have the secrets either, else I would have a MUCH nicer rig to play OFF on! :yes: Thats the Anglo side, and on the Scotch side, Bulletheads' comments about being ousted from other places rings true as my family's Scottish relation hails from the little known Michie..pronounced (Mickey) Clan, and its progenitor here was kicked out of Scotland in a failed rebellion, drawing a lucky lot from a bag with some of his clansmen and being shipped abroad instead of killed. There are many others, who have fought in every war from the Revolution, Civil, and on to World War One. I'm fortunate enough now to be in possesion of the cabin my Revolutionary time period (built in 1730's) relatives lived in, and am currently, preserving/restoring it. Its no where near as cool looking as that windmill in your shots of where you are located Olham, but it's kinda neat.

ZZ.

Was meant to be jokin'.

I do sometimes enjoy a "real good" Hamburger - so not from the above. We have some good

Burger grills in Berlin. But my favourite meals are different - Italian-French-Europe mix, and

Asian, mostly Japanese (I love Sushi !!!)

Sorry, Olham, I was trying to be funny too. We have one chain of fast foods that actually is really good, "In and Out Burgers" and another one called "Fat Burger" that are great fro burgers, but it seems like most of the time I'm fighting mid rif bulge so I avoid them. There is also "RG Burgers," but they are more expensive. There is also an excellent Sushi restaurant within walking distance of our store called, "Robata Grill and Saki Bar," in the Barnyard shopping center. I'm not a Sushi fanatac though, just ocassionally visit.

Really interesting guys! :good:

Bullethead: There's a gypsy in every group, welcome, but where do you live, Australia?