Sign in to follow this  
Winder

Just a heads up on Patches...

If a sim is made the untypical way, with not much money behind it, and no big advertising, they

don't even seem to notice it - which would be exactly what I expected of them: to be shown the

treasures, that I wouldn't find so easily myself.

Yep, I stumbled upon OFF when I was looking for RB3D downloads

I imagine that's about how most of us found it

Looks like ROF has been a blessing for OFF

They brought a lot of attention to WWI air sims ...and we're just sitting here

I say "Rock On", it's a big even pond for both to thrive in

I'm in the same boat,

After trying to keep Red Baron 3D with Full Canvas Jacket alive on my PCs through various upgrades and driver updates, it got to the stage where I had to give up trying. Adopting another WWI mod based on an old flight engine just didn't appeal because of the problems I'd experienced in the past. I only bought OFF to give me something to do until RoF was released.

The bottom line was I was staggered by what I found. When my copy of RoF arrived in the mail, I installed it, set it up to run on my machine then went back to playing OFF. Even with the multiplayer functionality (albeit busted by the last patch) of RoF, I keep coming back to OFF because of the depth of this sim - it really does feel like a labour of love for the development team and not just a heartless commercial enterprise developed to take advantage of a gap in the flight sim market.

I'm still going to keep working with the multiplayer aspect of this sim, even though its development or even maintenance is low on the priority list of the OBD team (if it's even there at all). The pleasure I get from designing and flying online campaign missions with the guys who attend 'Winston's Early Birds' multiplayer session on a Sunday makes this sim the only thing I am running on my PC at the moment.

Vasco :pilotfly:

I came to OFF by typing into the Google box: "WW1 air combat simulation" (or similar).

I didn't believe, there was stuff I had never heard of. So I had a closer look at OFF.

That was similarly successful like when you have a closer look at the girl, who will later

be the ONE.

Like Duce Lewis, I found OFF when I was looking for some RB3D stuff. Pretty soon after that I forgot all about RB3D. :biggrin:

Me too..I had just discovered OvS´s Super Patch for RB3d (Western Front patch i think) and played it for a month when i tried to find out if TrackIR will work with it.Thats where i stumbled across OFF Phase One,at the TrackIR page.A week later Phase 2 came out which was a pretty good timing for me. :good:

I read about OFF, while reading the RoF forums somewhere. Had already purchased RoF, but got OFF as soon as I realilzed what a find it is. I had searched in the past (on google) for ww1 biplane game, or something like that, but never found anything. RoF had a blurb on a game news site I read, and that's what got me looking. Actually been wanting a WW1 flight sim since the late 90s. It was a long dry spell! Glad that RoF pointed me to OFF (interestingly, without any OFF references and how good it is compared to Rof--which I read on the RoF sites--I still wouldnt know about OFF).

For OFF to do REALLY WELL tho, it needs multiplayer to be easier to set up and play, both for co-op and for 1v1 and team play.

I was without a good pc for 8 years. When I got this one last Nov. first thing I did was search the net for a new WWI flightsim. Did not know where to start, searched the net for RB3D, saw a YouTube link went there for the first time and saw some amazing OFF videos that at first I thought were from some movie I had not seen. They were Pol's BH&H promo vids. That led me to the forum and a copy of P2 from sittingduck and about a month and a half later I was flying BH&H.

I found OFF through Wings of Honor. I'd been monitoring that website waiting for a good WWI sim. I was waiting for Birds of Prey which became defunct and tried Down in Flames but then saw OFF. I already had CFS3 so I could play Korean Skies mod from Dogpatch crew so it ws easy and I've been there since Phase 1 came out. Never looked back.

Yep, I stumbled upon OFF when I was looking for RB3D downloads

I imagine that's about how most of us found it

What's funny is I put in quite a bit of effort to get RB3D working, got TIR all tuned up for it, etc., etc., etc.. Then I discovered OFF and have done nothing with it since. At first I was thrilled to resurrect that great game but OFF made me drop it like a cheap date.

Winder and Pol

I hope the Scenery Upgrade Paks include Railroad Mainline Tracks with long supply trains to run up and down on them. I miss attacking the moving locomotives and boxcars and flatcars loaded with equipment and supplies that give gigantic secondary explosions.

OlPaint01

Yes we are working on this...

WM

.......I miss attacking the moving locomotives and boxcars and flatcars loaded with equipment and supplies that give gigantic secondary explosions......

OlPaint01

There's two train missions in Matmatts essential files for multiplayer download. You can also play them in single player or join us for a MP session. They're very difficult as some of the train cars have flak guns x 4.

What's funny is I put in quite a bit of effort to get RB3D working, got TIR all tuned up for it, etc., etc., etc.. Then I discovered OFF and have done nothing with it since. At first I was thrilled to resurrect that great game but OFF made me drop it like a cheap date.

You got a lot farther than I did

After hearing about RB3D, I emailed a guy in one of the RB On-Line Squads

He detailed where to get RB and all the necessary patches

But there seemed to be a lot of compatibility issues and to see all the graphics, you needed an old Voodoo card

I hemmed & hawed for quite a while, then 1 day said "Let's do it"

Went On-Line, googled RB and found OFF P1

It was pleasant surprize! :whistling:

Winder, Great news on the trains!

Just remembered one thought I always wanted to ask for:

Do the AI craft have limited ammo just as the real player?

Anjd if not - could that be done that way?