Sign in to follow this  
scouserlad13

The Ashes 2009

Just wanna say, come on ENGLAND!!!!

As an English lad living in Australia, tommorow at school is going to fun :biggrin:

Was great in 2003 at the Rugby World Cup beating them in their own back yard in typical English style in the dying seconds...

Next time, we should play in a country where the Umpires haven't been bought off... :biggrin:

I didn't realise the "one bounce" rule applied to the catches for English fielding. :tongue:

Ahh, typical Australian, whining that it wasnt fair, we beat you with ease!

Well, i shouldn´t give a damn, but which side are you on, dude???? :blink:

Sometimes i thank we don´t have a hispano-commonwealth :biggrin:

Well, i shouldn´t give a damn, but which side are you on, dude???? :blink:

Sometimes i thank we don´t have a hispano-commonwealth :biggrin:

Haha, im English, so of course im rooting for England.

BAH! Poms are the biggest bunch of cry babies when it comes to losing and sport! lol :biggrin: If you're not winning cricket, you get your press to bag the rest of the worlds cricket teams and dig up dirt on 'em, call us a bunch of cheats and unsportsmanlike, etc. If you win, you guys GLOOOOOOAAAT!!!! It's like you won the Battle of Britain all over again! :biggrin: I swear, losing Warnie was a bigger loss for England than it was for Australia. The Poms had no one to pick on then! :yes: :yes: :good:

I hope you realise I'm not being 100% serious here Scouser... but Poms do cry when they don't win the cricket though! :tongue: When we take the ashes, it's like we take your national manhood away... It's so very sweet. Payback for all your bloody backpackers that fly out here and get lost in the desert! :rofl:

That said, at least the UK's not as bloody as when the All Blacks lose the rugby... I hear Auckland and Wellington are as bloody as Mogadishu after the rioting... :yes:

Hey the press over here is even worse when we win... making it sound like we shouldn't have won in the spirit of fair play and all that being hows we invented the sport... As to backpackers getting lost in Oz... you send yours over here and they get lost in Oxford Street...

Bloomin colonists... :biggrin:

Edited by PACMAN

'Twas an awesome morning session and oh so sweet to see Aussie stumps cartwheeling out of the ground.

If you're not winning cricket,

Not sure the England cricket teams been much good since about ...um Empire days - occasionally there is a Flintoff or Botham - but its barely a 3rd national sport over here anyway. What is the Aussies main sport anyway Rugby?

Whinging Po............nting !!

Looks like old green-floppy-cap-george-dubya-looka-likey's gonna get a beating lol :lol:

The Ashes are coming back home !

Mind you, hats off to Michael Clarke - superb innings on the fourth day.

See how gracious I can be ! :biggrin:

The British are VERY good losers as long as they win ......

Derk :victory:

The British are VERY good losers as long as they win ......

I just laughed so hard I think I peed a little... Hah! :biggrin:

Mind you, hats off to Michael Clarke - superb innings on the fourth day.

It was good, but we needed more!! :p I'll only tip my hat to him because I still can't figure out how he managed to hook up with Lara Bingle (the bikini clad woman from the Aussie "Where the bloody hell are ya" ads that offended you decent, sensible British folk. :biggrin: ). I'm not going to use the rebuilding excuse... you guys in Mother England beat us to that one years ago, but I think I'll be expecting to see losses become a more common thing in our future. The ACB's got themselves to blame though. They boot Andrew Symonds off the tour because he's a bit of a pisshead and impose a bunch of tighter restrictions on the rest of the team... it's all a bit silly. And they still don't taker spinners seriously! Personally, I like your work dude. :tongue:

MigBuster, I think our national sport is AFL, Union and League are mostly an East Coast thing. I dunno... hotpants, knee high socks and wrestling big buffed dudes to the ground while chasing balls... I just couldn't get into Aussie Rules. :haha:

PS. That was gracious Syrinx, you're cheque is in the mail. :tongue:

Wait!! Floppy... What?! I just saw that Syrinx!! :threaten: lol

MigBuster, I think our national sport is AFL, Union and League are mostly an East Coast thing. I dunno... hotpants, knee high socks and wrestling big buffed dudes to the ground while chasing balls... I just couldn't get into Aussie Rules. :haha:

Yeah, over here in queensland, everyone seems to love League, i mean when the state of origin is on, its crazy! I went to go see an Aussie rules match, i didnt get any of the rules, it just seemed crazy lol. Like an excuse just to hit someone for the hell of it. Good atmosphere though.

Like an excuse just to hit someone for the hell of it. Good atmosphere though.

My friends thought Ice Hockey was a brawl with the game breaking out every so often when then came to watch me play. They'd leave disappointed because it wasn't as violent as they thought... Doesn't mean I didn't get smacked around a fair bit!

Yeah, just watch out if the Maroons lose... They'll riot! Queenslanders are f*&^ing tarded for Origin! :biggrin: