Sign in to follow this  
Viggen

Pictures from my course

As promised, here are the pictures from Specialized Undergraduate Pilot Training Familiarization Course.

I'll start with some aircraft.

DSCN0033.jpg

DSCN0033.jpg

DSCN0052.jpg

DSCN0057.jpg

DSCN0118.jpg

And last for now, the Hero Shot.

DSC_0091.jpg

Edited by Viggen

And last for now, the Money Shot.

You are just sick! :tongue::rofl:

No...he's just lucky...Man, Im jealous. :yu: :good:

LOL. I actually had to cross check and make sure I didn't actually say that :rofl:

Vig:

Totally fricken cool!!! :good:

ENJOY and have a ball. :ok:

Thanks guys. I had a great time. The instructors were former or current USAF/USAFR IPs. They were all awesome. Maybe FastCargo (Kowalski) knows some of them.

Our flights were named after former flights from a FTS at Moody or Vance? Skitter, Hacker, Gombey and Boysan. I was in Skitter Flight. My class was 09-01.

is nice... great success! :)

Awesome! I wish the Canadian forces would let me do that...

Isn't there a Canadian Air Cadets Program or something similar to that?

Isn't there a Canadian Air Cadets Program or something similar to that?

Yes, but they don't let you near airplanes with engines untill you're 18. Next year I get to take a glider course... woohoo

Seriously? That sucks. I guess I should stop complaining about some of CAP's problems.

Civil Air Patrol offers glider and powered flight academies. I haven't done either becuase it's too expensive. We also get five orientation flights in Cessna 172s and 182s, where we have the airplane, minus takeoff, landing (depending on if your pilot is cool or not :wink: ) and throttle. And I guess if you want to mention getting near powered aircraft, CAP also offers flight marshall training, at the Oshkosh Airshow, to Cadets.

well we get the basic cadet program, where you learn drill and procedure in addition to everything you need to know about airplanes, then you can apply for the glider course when you're 16.

If you pass that, you apply for the powered airframe course on 172s, which is a year of ground school followed by a summer of flying. Then you get launched straight into ROTC and your private pilot's liscense simultaniously. The nice thing is that the government pays for the courses, but they are very selective of who they take.

The courses are selective here too. Review board, then Wing has to choose X number of canidates, then it gets sent down to National at Maxwell, where they make the final decision. But atleast you don't have to pay. Do you guys get anysort of firearms training? We don't.

And last for now, the Hero Shot.

DSC_0091.jpg

Heh, reminds me of someone...

gallery_12105_43_103303.jpg

FC

Do you guys get anysort of firearms training? We don't.

I took a basic marksmanship class in army cadets a while back, and I think you can take that same course in the Air Cadets summer program if you apply for it. Most people go for the PERT, advanced drill or powered airframe basics courses first though, and by the time you've done those, you can usually apply for glider flight training.

It was a fun course as I recall though, despite the ancient bolt-action 22s we used.

I knew I was doing the Hero Shot pose wrong!

I took a basic marksmanship class in army cadets a while back, and I think you can take that same course in the Air Cadets summer program if you apply for it. Most people go for the PERT, advanced drill or powered airframe basics courses first though, and by the time you've done those, you can usually apply for glider flight training.

It was a fun course as I recall though, despite the ancient bolt-action 22s we used.

.22s or not, atleast you got to.

We have no official marksman course that I know of. At our encampments (CAP's equivilance to Basic Training) cadets may get to use the FATS (Firearms Training Simulator), although that's just to have fun (of which I had to much of with the M249).

My squadron had a bivouac (spelt wrong?) where a senior member (adult CAP members) brought along several of his personal firearms (AK-47, AR15) and we went to a range and each got to fire off five rounds of each rifle, along with some rifles the range had.

I knew I was doing the Hero Shot pose wrong!

Hell, don't worry about that.

My senior year at the zoo, I got a ride in a F-16D at MacDill AFB while I was home for spring break...didn't get that shot right either.

FC

I think it has more to do with the smirk he's got on his face ruining the shot than anything else!