Sign in to follow this  
Winder

Current Status - Super Patch

Looking forward to the 'enhancements'! What a devoted team of developers! When it comes to quality customer service, you guys are exceptional!

And, I'll take this oppourtunity to wish, again, for the day when we can have 'turning prop blur' in the VC view so that I don't feel like I'm flying a Sabre jet... :wink:

...please.

Edited by Jimko

Guest British_eh

It's 00:30 hrs here, and Winder is still up.

Is there a list of aircraft that do have compasses? Are some of the aircraft that do in fact have a compass, have it in such a spot that you can only see it with TIR? I ask because Barnstorm provides a good point that I should look at including in the "R-Series" missions, and that is compass headings.

Thoughts?

Cheers,

British_eh

Is there a list of aircraft that do have compasses? Are some of the aircraft that do in fact have a compass, have it in such a spot that you can only see it with TIR?

Brit_eh, DVII has a compass on the floor, very close to the right side of the seat

Nevermind TIR, it looks near impossible to use in RL

Can be viewed with TIR but not comfortably

HTH,

Well done guys. I love this dev. team! You are the best development team ever, PERIOD. :biggrin:

Ladies and gentlemen....O B Deee!

Now a question....are you serious about the 1000 planes? :rofl:

Sounds fantastic Winder, you and your team really have spoiled us with the excellent service and constant updates! Thanks again!

Most have a compass yes look around, some you can see using F6 toggle.

There's no list no, maybe someone can make one?

Top of my head.. EIII RH wing, DFW left hand wing, Albs Bottom R in pit, Same with DVII's. Sopwiths bang in middle, Se5 too., SPADs bottom left near seat.

Is there a list of aircraft that do have compasses? Are some of the aircraft that do in fact have a compass, have it in such a spot that you can only see it with TIR?

I think every airplane has a compass--it was IIRC the 1st universal flight instrument. In most planes, you can see it without TIR, by using the keypad views and sometimes by zooming out your view. In a few, it's in a strange place (like out on 1 wing in the DFW), but in at least most of those, you can see it using F6 repeatedly, which cycles through various view positions. Like in the DFW, IIRC you can't read the compass worth a damn with TIR, but one of the F6 positions takes you right to it.

I sure haven't found a compass on the N11, when you hit F6 it says instrument view, and there is nothing there. It does however have an RPM gauge which is visible in the cockpit.

Beard

There are definately planes with no compass. Navigating can still be done...you can use the sun to get your heading or just keep careful watch on your progress using your map (not the in-flight map of course, that would be cheating, right? :smile: )

Edited by 77Scout

Some new screenshots of the new planes would be great to see. The pics Paarma already posted about the new award system were amazing. I'd sure like to see more of the new content, and I know I'm not the only one. :yes: