Sign in to follow this  
Gr.Viper

I wonder what that will be

TK did mention something about small addon packs of single planes with maybe a map and/or campaign. Maybe one of those?

I don't think he'd call it a "new game" :blink:

My bet would be a Korean War sim, using the planes from the Suez addon.

My hope is Fleetdefender 2, but that is not going to happen.

I take this is other than more SF2 re-releases of previous SF1-engined ones?

I want the SF2 version of Wings Over Israel. Anything after that would be a bonus.

Same here, but still... It's great to have something to wait for. :biggrin: Maybe after the summer is over TK will share some WIP shots as he once did with Suez.

My bet would be a Korean War sim, using the planes from the Suez addon.

The funny thing is, TK sims are tailor made for this conflict...little to no avionics, but lots of jets. Also, there just isn't too much competition in this area (Mig Alley was the last sim dedicated to this era of flight), but is considered a watershed in the history of air combat.

Here's hoping!

FC

The funny thing is, TK sims are tailor made for this conflict...little to no avionics, but lots of jets. Also, there just isn't too much competition in this area (Mig Alley was the last sim dedicated to this era of flight), but is considered a watershed in the history of air combat.

Here's hoping!

FC

:no: SoW team is working on it

:no: SoW team is working on it

I'll believe it when I see it.

TK's stuff actually does make it to release...

FC

I'll believe it when I see it.

TK's stuff actually does make it to release...

FC

True :yes:

Actually, the WOI expansion is very unusual in that he showed us shots long ago and has yet to release it.

I will be fascinated to see what comes out in the next months. I agree that Korea makes quite a bit of sense. It would be fun to create a series of Korean campaigns from the 50's to the 80's using the merged stock install.

I also wonder how SF2:I will differ from WOI in terms of content and SF2E in terms of engine and avionics. I wonder if TK has any small upgrades for us like those that have been tucked away in SF2, SF2V, and SF2E.

I want the SF2 version of Wings Over Israel. Anything after that would be a bonus.

After taking a look at his post it looks to me like we are going to get a bonus. good news :good: .

Based on what I do know about TK's policy:

No particular order

1. Falklands

2. Pakistan-India

3. FE - Eastern Front

For all those most of the assets are already made, Pakistan-India would have to include the flyable Fishbeds which in turn would be in good agreement for future Multiplayer game.

I doubt in Korea as that would take waaaay too much new models to make,same for some more modern scenarios unless they are VERY limited, for example USN vs Lybia might be interesting as basically all TK would need is an F-14 and a new terrain on which he could even re-use WoI tileset....

Edited by Brain32

I doubt in Korea as that would take waaaay too much new models to make

Well, Suez preview shown at least MiG-15, Mustangs and F-84F. Jundging by SF2E F-84F is modeled quite up to flyables' level of visual detail. Why not MiG Alley?

Wings over the Atlantic, a hypothetical sim involving carrier battle groups and jet aircraft set in the 60's beween NATO and WARSAW Pact forces. Obviously this would never happen as it would require a major overhaul to naval warfare, something Tk and crew hasn't had time to work on. Nice to dream though.

Well, Suez preview shown at least MiG-15, Mustangs and F-84F. Jundging by SF2E F-84F is modeled quite up to flyables' level of visual detail. Why not MiG Alley?

Well because that's still not enough for proper Korea, sure we have mods that can make uber-complete Korea but TK needs a complete product.

First you need F-86, several versions(A-E-F) with proper cockpits

F-84F is fine(needs a cockpit) but at the very least you'd need a Panther for the navy and F-80, and all this should be flyable, and even then all this together with the Mustang is only 4 flyable planes, but that would just be the core.

You also need supporting AI planes, B-29,B-26, etc.

Also you can't leave NK,China and SSSR with only MiG-15A and bis, Yak and Lavochkin props as AI are nearly a must for a serious Korean scenario.

I mean just look at WoV and SF2V, if done by that standard TK would really need A LOT of models to make it at the same level, and did I mention ground objects? :wink:

Don't get me wrong I would apsolutely LOVE to see TK's "SF2:Korea", but I just don't see it as an realistic option as TK stated himself several times. It would sure be an epic flight sim suprise though :good:

My vote goes for a space combat sim :diablo:

I mean just look at WoV and SF2V, if done by that standard TK would really need A LOT of models to make it at the same level, and did I mention ground objects?

Early Indopak will also reqire a bunch of new craft. And Falklands will need a new naval engine - in stock Tonkin Bay mission ship AI isn't very bright. WWI Eastern front tended to be more boring than Western which isn't fully covered yet.

Hmmm... Taiwan?

Of course TK could go mad and do something in the 30's :biggrin:

I plan on doing my own Korea install. I did it before with WoV and used the older Korea terrain. Sure it's missing some things, but it's still good. Plus with all of the goodies in SF2V now, it should be even better.

Falklands? - No chance.

Korea? - Slim chance.

Suez? - Fair chance.

Pondering this question over fajitas and a pitcher of Dos Equis Amber, I decided that a sim set in the late 70's featuring the F-14 with the F-15, A-7, and A-10 and just possibly the F-16 in a supporting role would probably sell very, very well.

Whether or not this proves to be the case, I did enjoy my pitcher of Dos Equis Amber and fajitas!

Suez? - Fair chance.

After Suez.

No one thinks it colud be a semi-fictional scenario around 1958 Taiwan Strait Crisis?

Communists used MiG-17 (done) and MiG-15 (almost done)

As for Nationalists I can find bits mentioning them use a large number of F-86s, some F-84...

+ This was the first conflict to feature Sidewinders in action.

If a later campaign were added it could feature F-105B and early Fishbeds, and make a more active use of USS Lexington and the elements of 7th Fleet deployed near Taiwan at the time.

>Possible map covering roughly the same area as WoV map and leaving space for a fictional ground war scenario<