Sign in to follow this  
Hellshade

20 SE5a vs 20 Fokker DVII video clip

Hey All,

The Missions are a blast. I have done a few 20 vs 20 missions and they are very intense! Here is a short clip of one of the furballs I was in earlier. Considering that I was running 1680 x 1050 with 44455 settings with recording it with FRAPS, it runs exceptionally smooth although there is some screen tearing now and then. Thanks for the great fun OBD! Your flight sim and superpatch rock!

Hellshade

Very nice movie good.gif . I bet, like me, you die in collisions a lot drinks.gif

That's some fine twisting and turning. I'd hate to find you on my six.

Excellent video Hellshade. Really shows how good OFF is. Good flying and shooting too!!

Fantastic footage mate.

I take it you are using Tracker,i haven't got it yet but by the looks of it the sim becomes even more life like.......... clapping.gif

Hellshade, you should post this vid over at SimHQ in the OFF forums. There are SO MANY readers there, but they dont have much to read about since there's not much to post there.

This will give a really good impression of what OFF can do!

Thanks guys,

Those 20 vs 20 missions are just amazingly fun. I love zooming in and out of the clouds on a Huns tail now too! It used to be certain death, but now it just adds to the excitement! I was twisting and turning as best I could but the SE5a just isn't as nimble as the Sopwith Tripe, which is my favorite. I did end up getting shot down in that mission too. Somebody strafed me and then a second got right on my tail. Tried to land her but they kept peppering me all the way into the ground. Anyways, if you haven't tried the 20 v 20 missions yet, I highly recommend them. I'll post some more videos if I get any other good combat footage.

Hellshade

Cool vid - love it :) Can't wait for my copy to arrive!

Curious...what's your PC specs?

Cool vid - love it :) Can't wait for my copy to arrive!

Curious...what's your PC specs?

You are going to have a blast Arcolan. OFF never stops being fun or challenging.

i7 920 Quad core cpu OC'd to 4Ghz

Zalman CPU Cooling fan

PT6 Motherboard

6GB DDR3 XMS RAM

1GB GTX280 video card

1TB 7200 RPM hard drive

Vista 64 bit

Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick

CHD Pedals

TrackIR 4 PRO w/clip

I-INC 28" widescreen monitor

Saitek Eclipse II keyboard

Logitech mouse

Even with 40 planes in the sky, running at 1680 x 1050 resolution (16xQ) with 44455 workshop settings in OFF I still get 60 frames per second rock solid with no stutters.

Hellshade

You are going to have a blast Arcolan. OFF never stops being fun or challenging.

Thanks, I'm sure I'll have a blast. From what I have gathered from this forum, this is THE ww1 sim to get - if only for its immersion and historical aspect. :)

Quite a setup you've got there! My PC could use a little upgrading, but I think it will run OFF decently. I'm on a E8400@3.0GHz (stock fan) and an ATI 4890 1GB@stock settings.

Nice vid Hellshade!

I like your passing shots and firing only when close

Keep em coming M8