Sign in to follow this  
navychief

Senator Kerry And Hanoi Jane

Hey Snapple

Goodness, Snapple! Such anger!

"now shut your pie hole and go vote if you've got something to say."

I didn't realize I was causing such an uproar, that I am not able to voice an opinion here in the Pub?

Say what you will. Kerry's voting record does not speak well of him when it comes to our defense.

As far as taxes are concerned, I am tired of being admonished for wanting to keep as much of what I earned for my own welfare. The government did not earn it. I did. Taxes? I agree with the necessity of taxation, but NOT for creating programs which do nothing but provide handouts. In other words, a redistribution of wealth from those who earned it to those who want a free ride.

No, I don't believe that all taxes should be abolished. But wouldn't most people agree that the tax percentage is WAY too high? There is so much wasteful government spending by BOTH parties.

NC

Ya sorry about snappin at ya. I havent slept since tuesday morning, and this artsy fartsy Prof just ruined my chance of making atleast a B in his class, just because I spoke my mind in couple of essays.

"But how was I supposed to know that the French and Germans just wanted to give eachother hand jobs and live in a peaceful loving world where everyone was equal, and nationalism didnt exist? Sorry Dr. Stolzfus, my view of World War I was way off, please forgive me, next time I'll write about the kindness that is spread by mustard gas and machine guns instead of the truth." :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

In short, its been a bad day, and politics just makes it worse. :angry:

Have had those days myself, Snapple. Plenty of them.

By the way, are you still planning on going for a commission in the Navy?

NC

Hey Chief,

You quoted in a previous post...

"As far as Social Security is concerned, I am not even counting on receiving any when I am of age to do so. I have made provisions of my own, so I am taking care of myself. I am NOT counting on the govt. to take care of me."

I don't know about you but I have paid $40,000.00 into Social Security. I am 10 years younger than you so I assume you have paid more than I have into it. It was a forced contract on us and your willing to let them illegally breach of contract and forfeit your contribution to the fund just because they mishandled the funds?

You might be willing to just give away $40,000.00 that you were forced to pay into Social Security because they didn't handle the budget right but I'm not.

I don't need it either for retirement, I also have made decisions of my own and I have enough at this point to retire without Social Security.

As a business man though, I just don't let a $40,000.00 investment slip away. Nor do I let it get taken from me either.

I'm not counting on the government taking care of me, but I also am not letting the government rip me for $40,000.00 as you are by waving "your" social security benefits.

Foofighter

This is all actually funny to me for some reason. I feel like I'm on the BBC forums or something.LOL

Now if you will excuse me The O'Reilly Factor is on. See ya ;)

BTW- Foofighter, Greenspan suggested cutting out SS not Bush. Greenspan couldn't manage a lemonade stand. Just so there isn't any confusion- http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4371103/

Edited by Seawolf

Hey FooFighter

If my Social Security "investment" is taken away from me, I would not be surprised.

After all, the government steals over a third of my income in taxes every year.

It's interesting how much we are conditioned to believe that the money the government steals is not ours. One looks at a paycheck, and simply accepts the meager amount we are "allowed" to keep for ourselves.

Taxes = Legalized Theft

Navy Chief

Hey Seawolf

I watch The Factor too. Great program, and I find Bill O'reilly's analysis refreshing after years and years of Liberal news reporting.

NC

Yeah Chief He cracks me up sometimes. I don't agree with everything he says and he can be a bully sometimes, but it's entertaining.

I'm not worried too much about this election, but 2008 bothers me. 1 word: Hillary. It's gonna be ugly.

Hey Seawolf

Yep, I am concerned about 2008 too. My wife and I have been looking at other places to live, should the "unthinkable" actually happen. I have a feeling that a lot of folks will consider moving from the US if Hillary is (God forbid) elected as President.

This country would be ruined.

Navy Chief

In light of all debates on the new president, raising of taxation and all, (and I'm no Hillary supporter). I can only think of one thing: Pay to Ceasar what is Ceasar's. That just popped into my head for some reason. :blink:

Ya, I'm still planning on the Navy, but for some odd reason I've been thinkin about the Corps here lately :unsure:

Check out how your state ranks in taxes (not full listing but highest and lowest are included). F*ckin Fed, Florida has a 6% sales tax (no state income tax) in most counties (atleast in Central Florida, think is higher in some parts of the Panhandle), so the Fed tacks on another 20+ %, just so they can get some of the tourism dollars :rolleyes:

Some of them Yankee States are payin close to %40.

Amazing how this country is content with paying nearly size European taxes, and doesnt even care.... and to think that this country demanded independence becuase of a .001% tax.

tax link: http://www.bcentral.com/articles/harper/14...nd=msn&LID=3800

Edited by snapple2993

Hey Seawolf

Yep, I am concerned about 2008 too.  My wife and I have been looking at other places to live, should the "unthinkable" actually happen.  I have a feeling that a lot of folks will consider moving from the US if Hillary is (God forbid) elected as President. 

This country would be ruined.

Navy Chief

I remember reading a story on her back when Clinton was in office and it had something to do with her requesting that the Marines stationed there at the White House not wear thier uniforms and instead she wanted them to dress in suits because she thought the uniforms might be offensive to guests. What a slap in the face for the USMC. I can't think of any worse of an insult than to tell a US Marine his uniform is offensive. Luckily some General told her to piss off, but the fact that she would even request such a thing shows what kind of American she is.

BTW Chief, wasn't there a few Hollywood types that were supposed to move out of the country if Bush got elected? hmmm, funny they are still here, I guess it isn't so bad here afterall is it.

It shows what kind of American she is.

I guess it isn't so bad here afterall is it.

It is bad....

Hillary must have made a phone call to Tipper requesting Howards nuts be removed. Personally I dont' give a rats a$$ for Stern's Womanizing, but...it's radio...it's speech...and the last time I read the constitution...It was FREE!

ARGH!!!

written while listening to RATM..."Guerilla Radio"

Fates

Thank Janet Jackson's tit for that one Fates.lol Personally I cant stand stern or bubba, but the FCC is taking out thier fustrations on these guys IMO. Look at the flak Mel Gibson is getting for the violence in his movie when watching movies like Texas Chainsaw Massacre is ok.LOL go figure.

Everyone has thier own agenda, everyone.

Edited by Seawolf

I'll agree that cautions need to be advised to parents before listening or viewing what their children might see/hear. My 9 year old doesn't need to see a breast flashed on television, without some prior parental warning.

However, when talk shows like Stern, Mancow, Bob & Tom are censored before the parent has the choice....that's not right. We don't have to buy a radio, we don't have to listen to the channel. The market should dictate what people want to hear and see...not the FCC.

If the market doesn't like talking about panties all morning, then they won't listen to Stern. However Stern has 30 Million a year that shows that some airheads apparently like his material....and I'm sure the money aint coming from grade school children.

Your right...everyone has their own agenda.

Well I agree. As stupid as I think Stern and others are you have to let the people decide what they want and not let those decisions come from a select few in our Government. If it means taking more power away from the Government and giving it to the people then I'm all for it, just like our money. ;)

Edited by Seawolf

:huh: Navychief,

A most interesting thread you started. I have saved all of it, will study it, and than give my opinion.

Next Sunday we are having elections in Greece and TV and media etc are very busy with the electoral campaign and candidates. It looks like the socilaist governmwent will be going out the door this time, after 20 years of being in power.

With it, we got the Euro, but also unemployment, a monkey-like welfare and health system, and many promises of the tipe "We shall..we shall.. we shall..." and they did nothing. Also food and goods prices rose, pensions stayed the same--old people get 300 Euros per month, and 1/3rd of the population has fallen below the poverty limit line.

More soon..

Your shipmate

Nick