Sign in to follow this  
Morris

HAT IN THE RING RELEASE DATE?

Dear OFF Developers,

Please, please give us the release date for the add-on. Please, please.

Im on the OFF webpage every five minutes ready to download the add-on.

Its like telling your children that they are getting a bicycle for x-mas and it standing in the bedroom but they can only take it for a ride on x-mas day.

That wrong....

M

clapping.gif

Standard time

2 weeks...

And yes I check at least 3 times a day...

Edited by Pacman

Two Weeks!

Ag' im going to die.

m

heat.gif

Morris the 2 weeks response is a hidden joke in IT development everything is always 2 weeks away including the next version of Windows... Until one of the Devs comes on and gives the date... we are all as much in the dark as you mate... I have only had the game 3 weeks and I cant wait... and I am still finding new stuff every day...

Pacman,

Ill still be on the site every 5min looking for the add-on.

Ive had the game now for two weeks. Got a new CPU (Quad Core Q9650 3GHz), TrackIR5 during last week.

I dont feed the dogs or love my wife at the moment because im in the air most of the time.

m

I dont feed the dogs or love my wife at the moment because im in the air most of the time.

m

Eheheh. :rofl:

Whats a wife...??? and the poor cat has to look after itself lucky that it can use a tin opener... and is a good co pilot/gunner

Well I can say it will not be available in 2 weeks....

:grin:

WM

in other words be ready.... sooon!!!

:drinks::yikes:

Prost

in other words be ready.... sooon!!!

drinks.gifyikes.gif

Prost

Soon is excellent and later is good togood.gif

Sooner or later. They will serve no wine before it's time. Orson Wells understood the 2 week rule.

Sooner or later. They will serve no wine before it's time. Orson Wells understood the 2 week rule.

We're (OBD) considering changing our company theme song to this awesome Yes song from Relayer ...

That should cover it all... :good:

Now stop asking... :drinks:

OvS

Edited by OvS

Ah YES, I'm a big fan. I have to thank the Brits for all the music they've sent my way over the many years.

Orson Wells understood the 2 week rule.

Unfortunately the studios didn't. They usually don't understood the nature of the creative process. What they have done with "Touch of Evil" is just criminal.

This is also the problem of the game industry and the reason why so many potentialy good titles end up in the gutter.

Take your time, OBD. :good:

Edited by Von Paulus

Dear everybody,

My post about the release date was only about excitement and not to F@CK the creative process of anything.

Roger roger........

M

Even a developer can be in sight of the finish, and still get their project knocked back a few weeks or even months (depending on the scope of the project) due to unforseen bugs. When fixed, the bugs may cause other bugs, and so forth.

It's been my experience working with small software projects that if we never mention a due date, things go well. However, if we even so much as breathe a hint, everything goes to hell and the project simmers in delays well beyond our intended release. It's a curse that seems quite common around the industry.

If a studio announces a date and actually meets it, one of three things happened:

1. They've already finished and polished the project to death, and are waiting for an arbitrary release date instead of releasing it now.

2. They've basically won the lottery in terms of odds that the work didn't hitch on any problems.

3. They've decided to release despite a lack of polish and bug testing.

The best thing a studio can do is simply take their time and be as thorough as possible, because a little extra wait time is infinitely preferable to getting flooded with support emails and tickets from angry (ex-)customers because the software is broken. Unfortunately, that usually isn't an option with a team of impatient investors for the larger projects whom have no clue what the development process is like. Fortunately, it seems OBDSoftware doesn't suffer from this. :)

Edited by Vidken

Dear Morris, I think maybe you are not accustomed to Uncleal. I can't speak for him but I really think he meant nothing personal. He is that crusty old uncle that you might be fond of but he can be a bit of a crumudgeon, maybe he ran out of beer or had one too many? I understand how you might feel but I think he was really going on about the major studios. I'm like you and many others in being very excited about the add-on. :drinks:

"Firstly pressure is brought to bear for a release date, then massive amounts are spent on PR and Ad Campaigns

The Producers MUST then meet the release date, ready or not"

A fiver and a crate of Whiskas to the first person who can think of a recent release that has undergone exactly this process...

Sounds like Vista .....

:rofl::lol::heat::good: