Sign in to follow this  
Cowman

Train in my airfield!

Hello to all,

Thanks so much for this great sim, however I have just had a nasty run in with a train in my airfield! Ha! Not the best formation take off ensued.

To help out it was flying for Jasta 37 out of Mons - en - chaussee

Exact map coords: N 49*52'9.0860 E 3*0'34.7539 date was 5th of April 1918

Hope it helps anyone find this,

Merry christmas

Cow

Pilot Cowman - you should really observe your alcohol consumption!

German crates may be a bit heavy sometimes - but we don't fly with trains!

(and please send me a PM with your town and country/state, for the OFF Pilots map)

Currently we have no idea why, seems to happen rarely. The last person to report one was in a totally different place/time and if we flew from the same place it was fine.

Make sure you have the latest patch installed at least.

Maybe it's like the Flying Dutchman, doomed never to return home, appearing unexpectedly.

Perhaps it's the train car in which the Allies humiliated the Germans with the signing of the Treaty of Versailles - the very same car in which Hitler forced the French to sign their own humiliating surrender.

Yeah, I been drinkin'. :lol:

You didn't opt for a Training Mission?

:lol: A TRAINing mission - that's a good one! :rofl::lol::rofl:

Close Encounters of the Locomotive Kind!

Flying Sopwith Strutters for RNAS 3 on a balloon defense mission northeast of Amienterres on 17 June 1916 from St-Pol-sur-Mer airfield. Takeoff time 06:23 hrs. The engine and boxcars were on the field at takeoff and were still there when I returned around 07:45. Imagine my surprise when I just missed the Locomotive on my takeoff roll! I'll check the field before takeoff from an external view next time.

post-46040-12621515120285.jpg

post-46040-12621515151209.jpg

Edited by Winston DoRight

There was the rumor that in ARMA II that the devs created a yeti and he his hidden somewhere in the mountains of the game.

Here we have the case of a mysterious train that seems to haunt some of us. At least there is some factual evidence.

Couldn't this be the Armistice's train?

I just love this game.

EDIT: It seems the devs have fixed this in mini patch 1.47. That's a pity I was anxious to have a close encounter.

Edited by Von Paulus

Could we have Yeti's on some of our airfields too? Wouldn't want to be left out.lol.gif

ZZ.

Hmm, is that some kind of an Entente secret weapon? A flying train? Should we Kaiser's pilots be worried about this development? :grin:

Maybe it's just a cryptic way of showing bogeys on track for your field.

I had this happen as well while flying for the Germans. It was during take off and there was a locomotive and several cars on the landing strip. They where not connected to each other, just sort of lined up like a used train lot. They were there when I landed after the mission also. They were not there on any of the following missions I flew with that pilot. I was not to worried about it after it went away so I did not bother to remember what Jasta or what the date and or mission type was. I just thought I would let you know you were not alone.

My guess... May be an unintended artifact from moving the train stations and tracks about. Just a guess.

Cheers,

Jim

That engine could well be a 4-6-0 Class P8 of the Royal Prussian Union Railway (KPEV) 1906-. The smoke Deflectors look more like a later German version though. But definitely not an Entente engine :grin: