eburger68

SF2V Air & Ground War Expansion Pack v2.0 - Sep. 2014 Update

citizen67:

Yes, you will probably need to reinstall those other mods.

Eric Howes

Wow!!!!! 

Great mod gets even better!

A great work! Er,if i have already initialed the 2013-july update pack,could this pack work correctlly?

420107:

This is a cumulative update pack, meaning that it is designed to be installed on top of previous updates and includes all the updates from previous versions of the cumulative update. FWIW, there was no July 2013 update pack for the SF2V Expansion Pack. The previous one was September 2013. July 2013 is the last patch level for SF2V itself.

Eric Howes

hello and thanks for your work. i have noticed a CTD whenever i select the campaign mode after installing your mods. can you tell me what i am doing wrong?

ghostdog688:

The most likely cause of that kind of CTD is improper or incomplete installation. First, make sure that you installed the components from all four parts of the the Expansion Pack. Second, make sure that you have installed the latest cumulative update, which can be found here:

http://combatace.com/files/file/10466-sf2v-air-ground-war-expansion-pack-v20-sep-2014-update/

Eric Howes

hello sir,

I would like to alert you to the fact that I have found that in the B-52D an alternate strategy of usage is to have the red-coloured box with the target 6km away when dropping mk82s from 2533m. the strategy is as follows:

1. align with waypoint 5 via means of autopilot

2. using elevators adjust altitude to ~2500-2550m

3. use shift+A to level wings at appropriate altitude

4. adjusting speed to around 600-700km/h

5. waiting until target is 6km out

6. rippling off bombs.

this tactic results in an early kill of ground targets, whether it be a lowly tent, clustered POL tanks, to a ship in Haiphong harbor.

using the same technique via rippling off 42 bombs each time, unloading wing hardpoints, and having all three bomb bay slots filled with 42 mk82s with the aformentioned rippling 42 strat. can result in efficient saturation bombardment of a target from up to three directions.

• Like 1

Hi guys! I need some help, when installing the September 2014 update do I have to copy and paste the part 2 to my mods folder after installing part 1. The readme is not clear on this.

Hi there - so you how far are you - have done this?

Before installing this update you should:

1. Ensure that SF2V is properly installed & updated. (Note that SF2 and SF2E must be part of your base install.)

2. Ensure that the Expansion Pack v. 2.1 (Mar. 2010) is installed to your SF2V Mod Folder. (Also, the VPAF Add-on must be installed.)

3. This update is distributed as a two part download. You must unpack both parts. Unpack both SF2V_AG-XP_v2_Sep14_Pt1.7z and SF2V_AG-XP_v2_Sep14_Pt2.7z to a safe place on your drive.

Now you're ready to install the update.

If you have installed Part 1 and there is a Part 2 it should be just a case of more copying and pasting / overwriting (also for parts 2/3/4) as long as the Installation section in the link above is also followed.

You should need all 4 parts to get everything required basically.

Hi! Yes I have installed all the previous parts and the first part of the September 2014 update , but the 2014 update also has a part two. I copied and pasted the part two and overwrote when asked. So far it seems to be working.

Howdy, all-

After a while away from SF2V I've got a hankerin' to install it and the excellent AGW Expansion Pack on my Windows 10 laptop, but I've got a few questions, and I haven't been able to find any answers; hoping y'all can help me out:

1. Does SF2V (and AGW Gold) work with Windows 10? The only threads I've been able to find on this are over a year old, and there doesn't seem to be a consensus. Any required tweaks (e.g., run as admin, set a specific compatibility mode,  set flux capacitor to antiframble on the Nvidia control panel, etc.)?

2. Assuming I can get SF2V and AGW Gold to run with Windows 10, is there any place I can download the pre-Sept. 2014 update for AGW Gold? I don't have SF2 or SF2E, just SF2V on disc.

Thanks!

There is one thing that's pretty unclear! This update here requires you to have the VPAF addon installed. But the VPAF addon requires THIS update to be installed (while it actually means the 2012 update. But the linked "2012-update" leads to THIS files (2014). So what exactly we're supposed to do? 2014 update wants me to have VPAF installd - VPAF wants me to have 2014 installed. Which one goes first? xD

I guess I'd just install VPAF directly over the Expansion pack (march 2010 version) and THEN install the 2014 update? In this case you really should update the description for VPAF, because right now they both link to each other as requirements :D

Edit: Ok, in the readme file of VPAF it's more clear as it says you need to have the march 2010 version of the expansion package installed. However, in the description it's kinda confusing and you might consider removing that link from it.

Thx a lot for this great stuff btw!

Edited by dtrail

you might want to remember, that the guy that did this mod is no longer active in the community ... several years gone in fact. So, don't expect and fixes. Unfortunately, it is as it is..