Sign in to follow this  
Fubar512

My First Flight Sim

If I were to be asked what my first flight simulator was, I would unhesitatingly answer "Falcon 3.0".

Well, I've just discovered evidendence to the contrary. You see, back in December of 1962 (when I was all of 4), I received my first flight simulator as a Christmas gift.....Jimmy Jet! http://www.prestonmarketing.com/toys/jimmyjet/jimmyjet.html

You can see it tucked behind the Christmas tree. Note the date on the image...lol In mint shape, I'd say that it would fetch more than $500 today.

Notice the Operation X-500 base in the foreground. I recall taking a beating after shooting my older brother with one of the its self-defense missile launchers :yikes:

http://www.timewarptoys.com/operationx500.htm

Cant find anything on the helo in the background...

JohnnyJet.jpg

Edited by Fubar512
  • Like 1

yet in same matter, my first aviation contact was one F-14 remote controlled by wire...it was in mid 1990's so i can't remember, the joystick was awesome, had two trootles handles and it looked like an F-14 cockpit, it could retract or expand the wings yet you could speak in the headphone that the aircraft reproduces it...

if somebody ever had it, could say me the name of it?

• Like 1

Wow Ed that is SOOOOOO 1960's... :lol:

• Like 1

Hey,I had one of those. It was a lot more fun that the helicopter on the boom toy.

• Like 1

This reminds me of my favorite toys I had, the huge SHOGUN WARRIORS robots.

Falcon

• Like 1

God, that take me back!...I woulda been 2 yrs and 1 month old when your photo was taken!

My First step into the mad world of loving all things flying...was a Tin Made Boeing Stratocruiser....used to go along the floor (battery powered) with all four Props spinning, Cabin Lights on, and revolving Beacon on top!....man I loved that Plane!!! {sigh}

• Like 1

That looks great. I always wondered if the old board games (SPI's Air War) would be waaaay better with manually set cockpit panel guages like in that Jimmy Jet, than moving little square cardboard counters on paper sheets.

The boy under the tree: Fubar LeMay? Give that kid a cigar.

• Like 1

My first flight sim was also a non computer thing, the M7X Starship.

It was a starship designed to let you look through the cockpit, like you were really inside. A nice toy.

Astroneve M7X

Edited by shotdown
  • Like 1

My first flight sim was also a non computer thing, the M7X Starship.

It was a starship designed to let you look through the cockpit, like you were really inside. A nice toy.

Astroneve M7X

That's really radical. I think my first flight was a computer sim, "Hellcats Over the Pacific" for my parents Mac. Although, I actually flew more in real aircraft before that, lol.

I had a Vertibird Coast Guard Rescue Ship. I could fly the heck out of that thing an pick up just about anything with it.