Sign in to follow this  
FastCargo

Just when you thought you had caught up...

Save Mission for later, fix for shorelines and camera shutter... new even more restrictive A-4H variants. Count me in!

* Save mission button has been added to the Debriefing screen.

OH YEAH!

Saw this coming via Thirdwire's twitter.

Just when I have edited the ini's for NF4+ and my installed mods.

Hope there's nothing broken after this. :D

But it's good that they fixed the water transition bug.

Edited by jomni

Folks:

And the answer to the question amongst SF2V Expansion Pack users is: no, this update does not fix the dreaded trees/clouds rendering issue that reared its ugly head in the Dec2009 patch, so users upgrading to Feb2010 will need to continue using the Dec2009 "disappeared trees" workaround (found in the "Feb. 2010 Refresh" package for the Expansion Pack).

It does, however, look like TK has backed out the changes made in Dec2009 to cockpit positioning (as he said he would). So, if you run into cockpit position problems with the A-6A/B and the F-5B, revert to the original COCKPIT.INIs for the those aircraft, which you can find in the 3rd and 4th .7z files of the base SF2V Expansion Pack download.

In the quick testing I just did, I noticed no other issues or problems -- that's with the Dec2009 files from the "Feb. 2010 Refresh" package applied. I'm sure there are other subtle changes that will emerge over time, though.

Eric Howes

TK mentioned that he was going to put a 'flag' in the ini files for aircraft with data ini CGs different from the CG of the LOD file...that's what caused the 'moved' cockpits in the first place. Find that 'flag' in the updated data.ini's of the stock aircraft, insert that into the data.ini of the affected 3rd party aircraft, and that should fix the 're-moved' cockpits...

Which means I have to fix the Northrop 2-seaters and the F-111s....AGAIN...

FC

"Moved cockpits"? Now that makes a bit of sense. I added the MF RF-4E IDF pack to SF2:I and had to make adjustments to the cockpit view. Was as simple as using the default values, but was wondering why it was off.

Luckily I've yet to make any huge mods to the sim, so this patch add-on should go easy.

-S

Patches are here at CA. In the SF2 section.

I'm sure there are other subtle changes that will emerge over time, though.

Eric Howes

friendly squadrons are back on the single mission briefing screens (they disapeared some years ago)

Before you do the patch!!

Go up to the "mods" folder:

Documents and settings

Thirdwire

StrikeFighters2 Europe(or whatever it is).

rename it:StrikeFighters2 EuropeX.

Do the patch.

Run the game once and exit out.

It will write a new "mods" folder.

Now delete the Aircraft and Groundobject folders from the new mods folder.

Move all of your mods from the X named folder over to the new folder and it works GREAT.

Then after everything is moved to the new folder just delete the X named folder.

It will write over some of your mods unless you do.

I am running 4 different StrikeFighters games from one core file install. :yes:

Guess this won't work with the much "fatter" SF2V-Expansion Pack-mods, unfortunately!

revisiting: Eric sais that renaming the mod-folder before applying the patch an later re-renaming it SHOULD work...clapping.gif

Edited by stingray77

Ive been running SF2E NF4+ with the June patch as Ive heard the Dec patch porked things a bit. Im now ready to upgrade and do the work on the inis. Is it just the afterburners and huds that need to be tweeked, or will my NF4 install be kaput with some insumountable terrain issue?

Keep your NF4 install at the patch level its designed for

Just update your other installs to later patches.

How do you keep one Mod folder at one patch and update the others?

You don't. That's why some mods (like NF4 for example) kinda need a separate install. Or you do you have just one SF install?

Yeah I see what you mean.Can I rename my core install folder to like ThirdwireJune and then reinstall SF2E? Im guessing I would then just need to rename the current Mod folder and point to it in the June patch instals' ini?

Ive been running SF2E NF4+ with the June patch as Ive heard the Dec patch porked things a bit. Im now ready to upgrade and do the work on the inis. Is it just the afterburners and huds that need to be tweeked, or will my NF4 install be kaput with some insumountable terrain issue?

I did ini changing of NF4+ to Feb 2010 standards.

Afterburners and huds are most important.

But remember to edit all the other effects inis as well.

I encountered cockpits with missing textures so you need to look around for the files as well. Check the cockpit fix thread.

Terrain seems to be running fine, even with trees.

I don't use widesky or any sky mods so I don't know if there are adverse effects of using them.

Edited by jomni

On my SF2V I just renamed my mod-folder before updating to Feb 2010, ran the game once (to create a new "naked" mod-folder to save as a back up) and simply put my old mod-folder back in place... Worked well, except for a few cockpit-positions needed to get readjusted and my campaign-data of before were no longer selectable in the game.

Folks:

And the answer to the question amongst SF2V Expansion Pack users is: no, this update does not fix the dreaded trees/clouds rendering issue that reared its ugly head in the Dec2009 patch, so users upgrading to Feb2010 will need to continue using the Dec2009 "disappeared trees" workaround (found in the "Feb. 2010 Refresh" package for the Expansion Pack).

It does, however, look like TK has backed out the changes made in Dec2009 to cockpit positioning (as he said he would). So, if you run into cockpit position problems with the A-6A/B and the F-5B, revert to the original COCKPIT.INIs for the those aircraft, which you can find in the 3rd and 4th .7z files of the base SF2V Expansion Pack download.

In the quick testing I just did, I noticed no other issues or problems -- that's with the Dec2009 files from the "Feb. 2010 Refresh" package applied. I'm sure there are other subtle changes that will emerge over time, though.

Eric Howes

I hate to be the total n00b, but what is the "Dec 2009 disappeared trees workaround" that is found in the Feb2010 refresh package?

I have the refresh package downloaded and installed for SF2:WoV, but I'm not seeing how it fixed the trees through the clouds thing.

Thanks,

Toonces

toonces:

The "disappeared trees fix" is exactly what it sounds like -- a workaround that removes the trees from the terrain so that they don't produce the ugly trees/clouds visual mish-mash that you occasionally see with the Dec2009 and later patch level.

By default, however, the Expansion Pack does not install the "disappeared trees" fix. You have to take an extra step (outlined in the ReadMe) to apply the fix, which is part of a larger set of fixes/updates for installations running at the Dec2009 or later patch level. See step g) in the installation section of the ReadMe for instructions.

Eric Howes

Edited by eburger68