Sign in to follow this  
zagnut

I'm Activated

Hey all,

I have been activated for deployment. Not sure what the final destination is, but I'll keep you guys up to date. I do know that I'm going to get a new (MOS 31 series), which starts next Tuesday in Sacramento. I'll drop a line when I can, and do my upmost to complete my duty.

Zag

Deployments can be pretty exciting, and more than a little confusing. Did a few myself so some advice...Make sure your weapon is clean, your gear squared away and ready to move at a moments notice, keep your eyes open, shut your mouth, and listen to every bit of detail and info from your sgt. Sounds simple doesnt it, but youd be surprised how many DONT get it. ...oh, and good luck pal. Keep us posted and if you need anything at all drop me an email at pcpilot@nethere.com, or PM me here at Biohaz, Ill get it for you. :o ;)

Semper Fi...

Keep your head down and your powder dry.

This keeps up and soon they'll be drafting us retiree's.

BITE your tongue Firehawk... :blink::unsure:

:P :D

MOS 31s....Sattelite Communications.

Had a cousin that did the same for the AirForce in Aviano, ITALY. Good luck and God Speed.

<C>

Fates

BITE your tongue Firehawk... :blink:  :unsure:

:P  :D

I did and it hurt.

:P

Semper Fi Zag, let us know how things go.

keep safe man

report in when ever it's possible

and good luck ;)

Keep in touch and good luck.

Dutchy

Good luck Brother. Go with God. Keep the shiny side up and come back safe.

-Skater

Thankyou all for your replies, I really appreciate it! Well, I now have orders, uniforms, and ID card. It took two fun filled days at Nellis AFB getting that stuff, as I was originally going to be processed in June. (Oh well) Anyways, I'll post when I get the opportunity, but I'm not sure what the living arrangements are going to be. I will be at Camp Parks near Sacramento, CA for the next eight weeks for phase 1&2 condensed commo school, then off to Ft. Irwin to join up w/ my unit. I'm now a member of the 221st Armor Cav under the 11th Armored Cavalry Regiment. The cool thing is that we're an OPFOR unit, so I'm sure that I'll get my fill of war games out the ying-yang. :P

I just hope that the business in Iraq is over soon. I don't think we will have to go since our mission is the train others in CONUS, but if the time comes, I will do my duty. About the pictures; I really want to be able to take some for you guys, but I don't have a digital camera yet. Maybe after the 15th I can get one at the PX. :)

Thanks again to all, and like I said, I'll post when I get another chance.

Zag