Sign in to follow this  
Falcon Six Two

Calling Navychief, Firehawkordy

01.jpg

Is this the future of NAVAIR? :rolleyes:

All things combined into one airframe?

This pic is no joke either...

Edited by Falcon Six Two

That is the ugliest aircraft (if that is the proper description) that I have ever seen.

Looks like something Senator Kerry might have thought up.

Navy Chief

The only things it is missing are a refueling hose and a dipping sonar.

I wonder what happens when it gets shot off the ship. All that weight from the jamming pods and the radar, mounted so high above the center of gravity and the axis of force from the catapult would probably flip the EQF/A-18K right onto it's back.

Hey Firehawkordy,

Imagine being a AT, and working on a monstrosity like that?

Or what about the CC shop? Whew! Prepping and painting it would be a nightmare.

Nope. Can't see it.

Navy Chief

As an ex-AT, the only thing I could say is ARGHHHHHHH,, I want a transfer to something else... :D

Hey Firehawkordy,

Imagine being a AT, and working on a monstrosity like that?

Or what about the CC shop?  Whew!  Prepping and painting it would be a nightmare.

Nope.  Can't see it.

Navy Chief

What about us AO's ? Thats all I need is more CAD's in more inaccessable places. And don't forget that they'll all need safety wire, to be installed via the smallest,darkest,access panel.

Even Kerry's not that dumb, this look's like McNamarra's doing.

Oh, don't worry about crud control, most of the time it's the last stop for the squadrons problem children. I think the tool room is sacred ground again. ;)

More functions, less planes. :huh:

Is this the new NAVY JOINT STRIKE EVERYTHING :D

And what shall be the name of it? F/A/E/B-1436852

(numbers of F-18, F14, E-3, B-52 EB-6)

Salute

Dutchy

I doubt it's an actual aircraft design, but look at the old faithful C-130...(who knows?)

EC-130E:

cs.jpg

BTW Falcon...and no disrespect intended...that pic IS a joke since it's a plastic model. I could add a beer keg to an F-4 model and say it was a party fighter...which isn't a bad idea...but it's still a joke. ;)

BTW Falcon...and no disrespect intended...that pic IS a joke since it's a plastic model.  I could add a beer keg to an F-4 model and say it was a party fighter...which isn't a bad idea...but it's still a joke. ;)

I think what he meant by not a joke was that it was an official design proposal, which it is. I have seen that proposal before. So far, it's not recieving much attention or merit, THANK GOD.

-Skater

I doubt it's an actual aircraft design, but look at the old faithful C-130...(who knows?)

EC-130E:

cs.jpg

This is an actual, production, derivative of the trusty Herc.

They use that aircraft for broadcast of radio and tv and also to intercept radio and tv.

-Skater

For the Iraqi Freedom did the Airforce fly over or by Iraq and broadcast radio propaganda thru the Iraqi radio's. It was last on tv (Belgium). It was a black operation. I can't remember that operation name. Maybe somebody know it.

They are not in big numbers those special Hercs.

Salute

Dutchy

For the Iraqi Freedom did the Airforce fly over or by Iraq and broadcast radio propaganda thru the Iraqi radio's. It was last on tv (Belgium). It was a black operation. I can't remember that operation name. Maybe somebody know it.

They are not in big numbers those special Hercs.

Salute

Dutchy

Yes, and in Afghanistan as well.

BTW Falcon...and no disrespect intended...that pic IS a joke since it's a plastic model.  I could add a beer keg to an F-4 model and say it was a party fighter...which isn't a bad idea...but it's still a joke. ;)

I think what he meant by not a joke was that it was an official design proposal, which it is. I have seen that proposal before. So far, it's not recieving much attention or merit, THANK GOD.

-Skater

@ Weasel, don't worry, no offense taken! :D

@ Skater, if this goes into production, I'd hate to be the GIB...hopefully the radar will jettison before the GIB ejects... :P

Wheres the Mad Boom on that thing?

:D Funny!

I think that is the one role it is NOT designed to perform...

-Skater

-Skater

@ Weasel, don't worry, no offense taken! :D

@ Skater, if this goes into production, I'd hate to be the GIB...hopefully the radar will jettison before the GIB ejects... :P

I think that they utilize a right/left ejection sequence on this aircraft because of the radome. RIO first.

Either that, or that radome does indeed ballistically disengage. I doubt it though, as that would preclude safe ejection in a last moment emergency situation.

-Skater