Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Five Guys Burgers

They got one in the local area and I have NEVER had a burger this good anywhere in the world. (I'm a leading authority on burgers. :good: ) It was hot an juicy and the fries were outstanding but dear god this burger was better than.......well you get the idea. I mean these were better than In and Out Burger in Cali. Better than Chesters in San Antonio. They were better than the Fonzie burger here at Foy's in Fairborn near the base. I am going back tomorrow that is for damn sure. High blood pressure and cholesterol be damned!

I've seen two or three locations recently, and have yet to give them a try. Maybe the next time I'm down in Nashua I'll stop in :)

Better than In-N-Out? Impossible.

Very possible, I lived at In an Out when I was stationed in California. These are better. I mean...... I can not describe how good these are. You have to have one.

Currently been in San diego for 3 years-got one year left. In and Out is good-but Five guys is way better. Like comparing an F-15 to an F-22. Good by themselves-but one is clearly better.

Some people may not share this opinion, but the wife and i had Steak and Shake burgers in NC and they also had great burgers.

Five guys is one of the best I've had in a while-and i have In and Out twice a month.

Steak and Shake make great burgers too. I rank them about 5 on my list of ten. I love their shakes

We just had 5-guys at the mall tonight. They are very good. If we are going out for burgers and have time to find a 5-guys, that is where we go. But I cook burgers once a week and the beef we get at Publix is usually excellent, especially when seasoned with a mix of Montreal Steak seasoning and Adobo seasoning. When we get 5-guys at the mall, we usually have to wait 5 to 10 minutes. I can cook burgers on my gas grill in 10 to 15 minutes and get a comparable result. But I usually only provide cheese, tomatoes, and dill relish, whereas at 5-guys, I also get bacon, mushrooms, and lettuce and their "regular" size fries that is bigger than the biggest size at any other fast food place. In the end, I pretty much love all of the traditional American fast foods and will eat them from almost anywhere at any time whether cooked at home, bought at a fast food place, or served from a military chow line... but if you are going for burgers and 5-guys is within your time/distance constraints, it is one of the best places to go.

SE I am coming to your place for burgers when I am down there this fall!

That is sacrilegious. Nothing can be better than a Double Double, animal fries, and and large chocolate shake from In-and-Out.

But alas my friend it is better than that. And this is coming from a guy who ate at In and Out daily for weeks!

Dave,

The best burger I've had in a while, was from Harold's NY Deli.

It was about 16 oz of ground sirloin, was almost the size of the freaking plate, had to be cut into four slices, and the 'fixings' alone would have made for a decent salad. When they set this thing in front of me, my reaction was "Hey, I placed an order for myself, not for the whole freaking table" :yikes:

Just check out the size of the portions, and look at the prices :grin:

http://www.haroldsfamousdeli.com/

I wanna try the corn beef sandwich at Harolds....

speaking of 5 Guys, there's one in Cerritos, not far from my mother=in-laws (now my wifes house). As it seems that I'm going be to out there this weekend...an expedition seems in order.

Any suggestions on what to order???

wrench

kevin stein

I don't...I'm in Marina Del Rey this weekend...

FC

MDR is almost right around the corner from me....i'm just east of SM airport.

while you're there, and if you have time, eat at Aunt Kizzy's Back Porch. It's in the big shopping center off Mindanao Way/Lincoln Blvd. Try the chicken fried steak. Down=home deep south cooking. Damn good, too!

Linky to their site:

http://auntkizzys.com/

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

I don't know, I thought 5G was good, but not "great". Better than Steak and Shakes by a bit, but no shakes at 5G! We buy burgers from Omaha Steaks and those are hard to beat for any fast food place. Ruby Tuesday makes great burgers for a sit-down place, the Triple Prime burger is something else.

There is no "what do I order", Kevin, it's just burger, cheeseburger, hot dog, and fries. That's it, very simple menu. The decor inside...well there isn't any. It's like someone put a grill and frier in a warehouse with some picnic benches.

I am terrible. I went back today. Thank god I took my meds.

What, Lipitor and Crestor?? Go there often and you WILL need to take them.

Well, Dave, they just opened a 5G over here by 410/Culebra and if it sucks, you will have to figure out a way to send me a triple/triple, animal fries and a t-shirt from In-N-Out. Its been 3 years since I've lived in SoCal so my taste buds might be dulled out from all this Rudy's BBQ.

Isn't Rudy's tagline 'The Worst BBQ in TX'?

Yep, they got a 5B burgers coming near us at the 281/1604 interchange...looking forward to checking it out!

FC

SE I am coming to your place for burgers when I am down there this fall!

If you are down my way, I would be more than happy to have you over for dinner. You coming to MacDill on USAF business or bringing the family to Orlando for a Disney vacation?

Isn't Rudy's tagline 'The Worst BBQ in TX'?

Yep, they got a 5B burgers coming near us at the 281/1604 interchange...looking forward to checking it out!

FC

I think it might have something to do with sarcasm. I think its pretty damn good.

Well, I figured that! I would hope it's pretty good!

Haven't had any of Rudy's BBQ....done the Bill Miller thing. Liked Tom's Ribs...was bummed when they shut down.

FC

FC you haven't had Rudy's???? OMG!!!! I lived there when I was in SA. I now order all my BBQ sauces from there. Which you had at my house. SE I will be there on USAF business. Going to pick CENTCOM's brain on C2 procedures.

Well, Dave, they just opened a 5G over here by 410/Culebra and if it sucks, you will have to figure out a way to send me a triple/triple, animal fries and a t-shirt from In-N-Out. Its been 3 years since I've lived in SoCal so my taste buds might be dulled out from all this Rudy's BBQ.

I lived right off 410 and Culebra at "The Hollows" apartments. You will like it Diego. Trust me.