Sign in to follow this  
JediMaster

The Pain of Watching Legal DVDs

I don't have Bluray yet - but isn't there an option to select the part where you want to see? If they took that away... Well, talk about serious step backwards compared to normal DVDs!!!:yikes:

If you're a paying customer get a DVD-writer, a pack of blank discs, rip origilal dvds using some decrypter/unlocker, burn the files and enjoy skippable junk. Really had to do that for a few discs in my collection, incuding copies made as backups when oiginal licensed media turned out to be made of cheap-as-dirt crumbling-in-hands plastic.

I've been able to skip previews and go straight to the movie - and scene selections.

is this something new? (I haven't bought any new dvd's in awhile but I do rent them on a regular basis)

I don't have a blu-ray set up so maybe this is something in the blu-ray marketing.

Hollywood has been shooting its self in the foot for a while now.

Hollywood has been shooting its self in the foot for a while now.

I wouldn't say shooting more like amputation with an Anti-tank missile...

Yes, this is the way many Blurays are now. You can hit chapter skip and/or FF thru some of this stuff, but not all.

95% of all films released are complete twaddle anyway...so I think I'll just give Blu Ray a miss anyhow

95% of all films released are complete twaddle anyway...so I think I'll just give Blu Ray a miss anyhow

Maybe........but they are merely entertainment. Take them for what they are. I personally love wathing a good movie and I would say that 70% are quite good. :drinks:

I know on most DVD players not sure about Blue-Ray if you push the stop button Twice and then push play you will skip all the previews and go staight to the movie! Hope this helps.

That's deffinately the true c'mon, this happen every time here....specially since DVD was popularized here 5 years ago....the cheap 10 bucks dvds you brough here are full of unskipable junk...count that blockbuster junk also.

i've been really pissed with this.

by the way...how is the piracy going there? i haven't see piracy in US when i went there...here in Brazil , piracy is outrageous, even though it was worse few years ago.

You've forgotten the funniest part. You know, when you buy the "whatever movie" DVD and one of the trailers wasting your time is the... "whatever movie" trailer. (Ok, only happened to me once with a VHS movie, but why not with DVD too? :yikes: )

Edited by shotdown

If by "piracy" you mean "buying illegal DVDs for cheap", no, that's not a big problem in the US. Here it's all about the internet downloading.