Sign in to follow this  
GhostDog

Release Candidate Submitted!!

The words we have been waiting for... some of them anyway :)

posted 11/06/2004 18:46 

We've finished our testing and are confident that we now have the Release Candidate for the V1.02 Patch.

I have informed Ubi Soft and it is in their hands from this point forward... I was told earlier this week that they have already put matters in order for the release as soon as they accept the Release Candidate. The acceptance process and actual release date is now Ubi Soft's affair.

The development work by Eagle Dynamics is now completed on the patch. This means that we have nothing further to do regarding the release of the V1.02 patch unless Ubi Soft decides something needs to be addressed. I find that unlikely, but at this rate anything can happen.

At this point any future updates regarding the status of V1.02 Patch will come from Ubi Soft's representative and not me.

Personally, I am taking a break from the forums for a few days. I will be back and ready to assist when the patch is released by Ubi Soft.

The Fighter Collection and Eagle Dynamics wish to thank you for your support and patience.

Best Wishes,

Carl

Please people... one at a time

good new indeed, thank u... :)

So, I've been reading all this whining and moaning about the patch on the ubi forums. Would someone mind telling me what's so bad about the current version? I haven't noticed any huge issues ... so far at least. I mean, I'm sure there are things that could use some tweaking, but why is the community at large in such an uproar? I haven't been around or been playing long enough to really know. What's up?

Perhaps you will understand once you compare v1.02 to what you are currently using. From what I have gathered in the past couple of months, it will be nearly a night and day comparisson. Virtually a new product altogether. Perhaps after that you may see what some of the griping and complaining was about. Just my opinion, but in all actuality, you'll have to judge for yourself.

Hi Taco

rowler is right: Read the readme file for 1.02 and you will see that there is bith a lot of fixes as well as many additions. Not all has been as fortunate as you (or i) and been able to enjoy the game in its current state.

Apart from that i think that flightsimmers are a picky bunch :D. No offence intended. They demand the most of the product and flightsims by their very nature allways borders on the edge of the (un)doable. This can be tiresome and sometimes counterproductive but it also pushes the envelope and makes for some truly great games that last much longer than your average FPS.

If it gets too much: Ignore it.

IMO the first thing in a readme file for a flightsim should be some fundamentals on when and how to ignore a thread on a public forum B)

So, I've been reading all this whining and moaning about the patch on the ubi forums.  Would someone mind telling me what's so bad

It is, simply put, "the squeakiest wheel gets the most oil" syndrome. :D

Also, I would hesitate from assuming that the flurry of "whining and moaning" posts represent a majority vote over there. Or anywhere else, for that matter.

Please people... one at a time

LOL. There must've been a *poke MJ* server overload *poke, poke* or something because I'm sure there were *poke* tonnes of posts being submitted all at *poke* once. :D

I think we are in a bit of shock and disbelief. The wait is over. The time has come.

This is great news....

Let the pre-patch praisers and nay-sayers refocus their energies into a post-patch environment.

Hey, watch (oww..) where you're poking there mister... :D

LOL. Yep, months from now when we're all cozy and snug in our LockOn v1.02 enviros, we will look back on this time of crazy postings and waving the time-out sticks around and laugh at the silliness of it all.

Finally!!! Hopefully it will be a good patch and Bard will start playing LOMAC online again. I have an AMRAAM for him..............

Tomcat.gif

So, I've been reading all this whining and moaning about the patch on the ubi forums.  Would someone mind telling me what's so bad about the current version? I haven't noticed any huge issues ... so far at least.  I mean, I'm sure there are things that could use some tweaking, but why is the community at large in such an uproar?  I haven't been around or been playing long enough to really know.  What's up?

it really depends on the kind of thing you do whether you will notice the problems or not.

not EVERYTHING is broken, and you can do some limited stuff and it all be ok. My thing was wanting to do multiplayer co-op in our squad, or head to head beyond simple gunzo dogfights.

the kind of problems we encountered were crippling - missiles not exploding (we're primarily a NATO squad), HUGE warping - we're talking kilometers at a time, AI air defenses not working, enemy aircraft turning invisible, players getting that light blue screen bug so they can't see anything, the AI seeming to home in on one player while ignoring all others. It was simply unplayable.

we could do some simple stuff, like takeoffs, landings and circuits and bombing convoys but - that gets kinda boring after a few weeks ;)

Finally!!!  Hopefully it will be a good patch and Bard will start playing LOMAC online again.  I have an AMRAAM for him..............

Tomcat.gif

heheh.

ok.

heh, careful you could get a ... er ... close shave there Ruggbut ... by Occams's Razor no less ... that'll get rid of your spagetti coding ... hehe

oops, geez... need some more nacos! ... :D

Does 1.20 come with a big stamp of s**t? Maybe some source code will help the s**t programmers show the team how to do some thing right? Ya thats right... <_< NO s**t talking.... just some pure truth for the s**t being done.

Edited by lexicon

You are sure gonna feel like a moron if the patch fixes everything.

Lexicon.

I get the distinct feeling that youre trolling for a fight.

I advise against that.