Sign in to follow this  
Jenato

Soundtrack Release movie 11

Great news Matt. :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Soundtracks for computer games are becoming more and more important. For the first time, besides yours of course, I've downloaded a computer game sound track to my mp3 player, to listen it. I do this very often with movies and TV series soundtracks, but with a computer game it was the first time. The game I'm referring is "Mass Efect 2". A quarter of the pleasure I get from playing that game is due to the soundtrack, emphasizing the drama and help building the immersion factor, just like in a movie.

:clapping: :clapping::good::clapping: :clapping:

Now comes the hardest part, Matt - topping your previous music.

To me, this is right now looking like something impossible, but you may have some time

left for finding good ideas, hopefully! I wish you all the luck and success!

Welcome news indeed. I'm pleased for Matt and P4. A good score is VERY important and I'm sure the goods will be delivered.

Jenato, that piece is the "Adagio for Strings" by Samuel Barber. It was played on the funeral of Manfred von Richthofen.

Sorry olham, no, it wasn't played at the red barons funeral. It wasn't composed till 1938 !!

Yes, that was already cleared some posts before. I changed it now.

"Matt....I can say we would be honoured - I can also say we never considered anyone else for P4!"

well alrighty then, p4 here we come. I shall put my thinking cap on. i don't expect it for a while, but give me a heads up when you're ready for scoring WM.

you can hop along to www.soundclick.com/mattmilne for an update and contact info meantime.

Great Matt - I have your e-mail addy as ususal - its just that we have not got to that part of development yet - but by all means go ahead and we appreciate it as ever.

Thanks

Best

WM

Best movie music ever (IMHO)...Pirates of the Caribbean

Well, there are so many good scores, it would be hard for me to decide on one.

I liked Mark Isham's music for "L.A. Crash" and Hans Zimmer's music for "Gladiator" a lot,

also Klaus Doldinger's main title for "Das Boot"; and older scores like Ennio Morricone's

"Once upon a time in the west", Walter Carlos' interpretation of Purcell's funeral march

for Queen Mary in "Clockwork Orange", or the music for "Exodus".

No way to decide for one to be the best.

Edited by Olham

Best movie music ever (IMHO)...Pirates of the Caribbean

and duel of the fates.

also i like the chasemusic of Bullit.

intro of battlestar galactica (new)

intro of the show Carnivale.

everything of ennio morricone

"Once upon a time in the west", Walter Carlos' interpretation of Purcell's funeral march

for Queen Mary in "Clockwork Orange", or the music for "Exodus".

Olham he is not Walter Carlos anymore. Now he is a she and she changed the name for Wendy Carlos. :grin:

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Wendy_Carlos

I was a big fan of that Soundtrack. I'm still a big fan of that movie or any Kubrick's movie.

creaghorn, I see you like BSG the new one, and yes I agree with you, Bear McCreary made an outstanding job. The soundtracks of the four seasons of Galactica are a must have.

Edited by Von Paulus

Yeah, I know, von Paulus, but back in those days she was still a he named Walter.

Life is confusing enough without people changing their gender, me thinks.

But I hope s-he is happy now.

thanks winder, i won't start until i get the materials from you along with an outline of everything you'd like to do with it, which won't be for a while. but i needed to know early so i can get in the right frame of mind, and start sourcing some inspiration, sketch out some pre-score ideas etc

anywho, for every good media composer, there's a thousand better-funded, less-talented ones.