Honestly not a Lightning fan

Infidel! :bomb:

:jk:

Infidel! :bomb:

:jk:

:lol:

I flew it a few times. It's nice but since I'm not much of an A2A nut in the first place it's good to zip around in though.

And SidDogg for the Super Bugs... if you need an updated base skin let me know as I'm slothily updating things, and eventually the PSD for it.

Edited by EricJ

And SidDogg for the Super Bugs... if you need an updated base skin let me know as I'm slothily updating things, and eventually the PSD for it.

For the new block of E's and F's, I've already updated the respective templates on my end...

I'm releasing as part of all my SF2 Super Hornet skins.

SidDogg

Honestly not a Lightning fan...

I'm sort of with ya on that...it lacks a sort of grace...looks like it goes fast by just plain bullying the air aside.

Don't get me wrong, I'm in awe of its performance....but I'll never be a fan of its looks.

FC

I'm sort of with ya on that...it lacks a sort of grace...looks like it goes fast by just plain bullying the air aside.

Don't get me wrong, I'm in awe of its performance....but I'll never be a fan of its looks.

FC

Which obviously is a good point. As of course a virtual pilot I like to go to external view and look at whatever I prefer to fly (not just the Super Hornet, believe it or not) and enjoy it. But yeah... the Lightning is just ugly...

But yeah... the Lightning is just ugly...

Even as a Brit I have to kinda agree, but I do think the fuselage+fin is not bad looking, I just don't like the wings and stabs (wings were there only to keep the nav lights appart anyway :grin: ) I had a theory it would have looked kick ass if it had a Viggen type layout with a delta wing...

...Kinda liked this one.

Perhaps you might as well.

Even as a Brit I have to kinda agree, but I do think the fuselage+fin is not bad looking, I just don't like the wings and stabs (wings were there only to keep the nav lights appart anyway :grin: ) I had a theory it would have looked kick ass if it had a Viggen type layout with a delta wing...

Well I think the belly could be worked on too... but I agree, something more "racier" and it probably would have worked. But then again the Typhoon is a nice looking bird so its good that you Brits decided to put some nicer lines in your planes :)

Looking east of Masar i Sharif.

post-5735-061139500 1291672107.jpg

Regarding the Lightning - here is a delta-winged F.7 that I built in plastic a few years back...

SuperLightning1-1-1.jpg

SuperLightning2-1-1.jpg

It was 1/72 scale but with 1/48 scale MiG-21 wings!

Looking east of Masar i Sharif.

...Tactical Takeoff.

Pukin Dogs mission editor test on YAP carrier....works well.

img00184.JPG

• Like 1

...Tactical Takeoff.

Honestly never Tactically takeoff on the Afghan map, with the only worry being East of Kabul, so I just climb high...

A VFA-103 Super Hornet assigned to the USS Dwight D. Eisenhower Carrier Group heads north from the Persian Gulf heading for another patrol mission in support of Operation Enduring Freedom.

post-5735-094294300 1291685668.jpg

funny tactical take off for the week i was in Bagram was a Strike Eagle racin upto the top of the mountain. Kandahar was mostly European AF's(Dutch Viper, Mirage, GR7) in and out plus cargo so not so much hot doggin there. tho it did get intersting when the RAF Harrier force was swapped by the Marines!

The worst at BAF is when a Prowler takes off, easily the most loudest jet in the world. Hell, Strike Eagles going full burner is loud... but my first time I heard that I swore it was some big cargo plane. Nope, one dinky Prowler causing the utmost noise pollution in the world... Hell the only way you know a cargo plane is taking off is when you see it!

Turkey!!!!

img00189.JPG

img00192.JPG

• Like 1

The worst at BAF is when a Prowler takes off, easily the most loudest jet in the world. Hell, Strike Eagles going full burner is loud... but my first time I heard that I swore it was some big cargo plane. Nope, one dinky Prowler causing the utmost noise pollution in the world... Hell the only way you know a cargo plane is taking off is when you see it!

You should stand next to it on the cat while it is at full power... it is literally teeth rattling and you can feel the sound coursing through your body. It'll make you physically ill in a very short time.

FRED squeaking in

gallery_2302_278_51683.jpg

The Mighty War Hoover

gallery_2302_278_234899.jpg

Big Cat

gallery_2302_278_242729.jpg

Tornado GR4 heading out to put a hurtin down

gallery_2302_278_297625.jpg

The Mighty War Hoover

.....ummmm....YES!

[nickname WIN :haha: ]

"Hey! Quit playing games while I fly!!!!!"

You should stand next to it on the cat while it is at full power... it is literally teeth rattling and you can feel the sound coursing through your body. It'll make you physically ill in a very short time.

That is bad man, and while I can't say I didn't admire the plane, but it's a good thing it is being replaced.

post-5735-051458200 1291754473.jpg

post-5735-013827000 1291754490.jpg

Edited by EricJ

...Revisited.