Sign in to follow this  

Recon Monty recon! :rofl:

A good Plane is always usable!

quick/dirty (VERy dirty) re-decaling of the S-99, just to have something in the MTO install. I'm calling it a 109G6. Supposed to be II/JG51 in Tunisia circa 1942. The green is supposed to be MUCH darker,with lighter green sploches, and probably standard splinter on the wings/tailplanes (the profile in the Mushroom YS 190G also showed no numbers, stab markings or anthing esle, making it easy to just replace the decals.) Have to fix the tail swas', move them off the rudder a bit (right side has a glitch)

Monty, any chance for a template?

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

Hi, kevin. That looks good!. No need for a darker green unless you want to. Kep em comin. Can't wait to hunt British bombers with in my MAW install. :clapping:

Hopefully, some camo versions will come.

Edited by dsawan

I can think of at least 3 or 4 camo's needed just for MTO; sand, sand and green wavy, standard splinter and splinter/gray

Ini edits create a Luftwaffe version, although the folder is still called "S-99", all the small bits have been changed for Luftwaffe usage.

And I've got all kinds of decals ready for use (stabs, squadron badges, those funny font numbers in all kinds of colors)

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

Kevin, I'm on it. I'm doing my final version for the S-199, and reworking that for the S-99/Bf109g-10 is a matter of a few hours. Really only the forward fuselage changes, and even then, not that much.

WOOT!!!! WOOT!!!

thanks Nigel!! I really need to get back to finishing off the targeting for Korea...but I can't stay away from my beloved WW2 installs!!!

I gotta say, Monty really did a fabulous job on both these birds. :kudos::hi:

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

WOOT!!!! WOOT!!!

thanks Nigel!! I really need to get back to finishing off the targeting for Korea...but I can't stay away from my beloved WW2 installs!!!

I gotta say, Monty really did a fabulous job on both these birds. :kudos::hi:

wrench

kevin stein

Getting much closer. In fact in a lot of places, I've been putting in details, such as the hinges running along the centreline of the upper engine cowling, that SF simply can't render... Just got the drop tank to finish, and that's the basic template done. Remember, all the hard work was done by Monty himself - getting all the panel lines in place, etc, etc. All I've done is fiddle around with it a bit!

In case you're wondering, the terrain is "Nothingness" but with CFS2 water textures substituted. It's great for short-load-time testing as advertised, but has a bit more visual impact than the original. I just wish I knew how to get rid of the runways... Every time I try, it all locks up!

• Like 1

That is nice...

Nigel, don't forget you need 1 runway for each side; so you can get away with 2 (1 red, 1 blue).

You can always use the "Empty Desert" terrain I uploaded last year ... it only has 1 on each side, and should work in SF2 with minor data ini editing

the water looks pretty damn good!

wrench

kevin stein

Nigel, don't forget you need 1 runway for each side; so you can get away with 2 (1 red, 1 blue).

You can always use the "Empty Desert" terrain I uploaded last year ... it only has 1 on each side, and should work in SF2 with minor data ini editing

the water looks pretty damn good!

wrench

kevin stein

OK, that's what it's got. They sort of appear floating in the water - one single bitmap converted from CFS2 . I've done the same with CFS2 desert textures but assembled several into one big tile - bit more convincing. Must try yours!

Nigel, found this,

maybe helpful!

All stencils and Markings for Geman BF109G-10

http://www.tailormad...id=31&Itemid=34

USEFUL! Many thanks - and they are good enough quality that I can cut them out and use them directly. Great find!

also in the Aero Detail book on the 109s.

In the SF/Wo* downloads section, in decals/templates, should be a template i uploaded a few years back with most of the stenclling and markins for 109 and 190s

wrench

kevin stein

also in the Aero Detail book on the 109s.

In the SF/Wo* downloads section, in decals/templates, should be a template i uploaded a few years back with most of the stenclling and markins for 109 and 190s

wrench

kevin stein

Got it already! ;-)

Nearly done, except I've been up to my eyes all day unblocking the kitchen plumbing...

I've read this topic, and double checked the download, but where do I find the "Merlin" sound for this plane?

that Merlin sound is my bad - it is in Israel Expansion and I forgot to change it into default propsound.

So it is not downloadable, but you can change the ini:

EngineSoundName=PropLoop

MontyCZ

that Merlin sound is my bad - it is in Israel Expansion and I forgot to change it into default propsound.

So it is not downloadable, but you can change the ini:

EngineSoundName=PropLoop

MontyCZ

I've got a Jumo 211 sound if you'd like.

Sweet, thanks both! :good:

and there's a Daimler 601 sound in Russo's Bf-109E that I used for the S-99. Or, I an post it, if it's warranted

wrench

kevin stein

Hello is here anybody who can help me to convert SF2 avia into SF1 one?

I tried it but 1st version cant read my inis and they are corrupted after exiting game

(squares instead of letters)

MontyCZ

Well Monty... is pretty simple. Convert your .INI files into ANSI as the SF2 standard use Unicode.

Plus you have to save lods without the use of bump mapping.