Sign in to follow this  
Olham

FIFA World Cup

I was surprised to see Brazil lose to Holland. But the Dutch really earned their victory, so I can't complain. Now it's going to get really interesting. I hope Germany manages to beat Argentina, and maybe play against Holland in the final match.

Well done Holland.

Love the sounds of the vuvuzela's.

M

I reckon the winner of Argentina / Germany will go all the way. Kiss of death though. Fancied Italy for a while, (before the tournament), liked the look of Portugal for a dark horse, but they just didn't turn up against a poor Spain.

Poor old Joachim. Try claiming that one didn't cross the line.

Nobody has really set the tournament on fire, but Brazil looked very wooden. (Didn't see the Dutch game though).

Favourite goal so far was Italy's Fabio Quagliarella's goal against Slovakia.

Worst moments are the two red cheating cards. Kaka got one, and I forget who got the other... I'd have dumped the Ivory Coast out the tournament for that carry on. The other incident will come to me....

Costa. Portugal/Spain.

Edited by Flyby PC

Guest British_eh

Hi there,

From what I heard, England was "credited" with the second goal, so OLHAM was correct. Ah, so mighty Brazil falls. They looked stunned after the "own" goal, and never recovered. Good on the Dutch. Now, almost right with Ghana, but what can I say?

Still like Germany over Agentina, and Spain to win the next two. Then we can have Europe against S America, good show.

Cheers,

British_eh

Love the sounds of the vuvuzela's.

M

NOOOOOOOOOO, I hate the things.

NOOOOOOOOOO, I hate the things.

[i wouldn't touch those things for love or money...you never know where they've been!)

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

The stories behind the actual games...

32° in Berlin - not the only reason for a T-shirt change. It's a thriller.

Boys, keep it clean and fair!

Edited by Olham

Germany are the kings today.

Viva germany. Viva

Widowmaker.

Those are serious vuvuzelas those tribe men are wearing better know as the "native hor"n.

M

Cool, clinical, calculated...use whichever word you prefer...I thought German were all three today!

They were all over the Argies like nappy rash!!....superbly entertaining to watch...and yes, a wry smile from me to see the 'Hand of Gods' being sent packing!!

Looks like a European Final...though I worry a little for Germany, having Muller unavailable for the Semi's

But, I reckon they will still do well without him

My congratulations to the Germans.... Olham and the Guys must be 'cock a hoop' as we say here!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping::drinks::good:

EEEeeeeeee, the jammy jorman fokkers! :grin:

No doubt the manager will be having another "bogey feast" to celebrate the win over the Argies. :drinks:

Edited by Davy TASB

German team played wonderful, I'd say.

I may not be enough sportsman though - the 4. goal hit my heart like a cold dagger,

my feelings were with Argentina, and I found it unnecessary to humiliate them so deeply.

But maybe these men on the field are the modern Gladiators - and Gladiators always

play it hard.

Superb win for Germany. Messy looked very ordinary today, another great player that did not do much damage in this World Cup - I think most were badly supported or not supplied with the ball.

Holland Germany final looks good ;)

Netherlands vs Germany - a classical war (many there still hate us for the past).

But this kind of war is okay for me to cheer.

The "Bordeaux-Red Baron" would say: "Ze Dsherrmans vill vinn ze warr!!!"

Me, personally , I'm not so sure - the Dutch are quite good!

Ah, so that's where the horrible vuvuzelas are come from. Thanks for enlightening us, Widowmaker. :rofl:

Sorry Morris, I tried very hard to learn to like the sound of the vuvuzela, but I just can't do it. In my ears, it still sounds almost as awful as it did in the first match. Must be a cultural thing that requires years of training to accept. :cool:

But what a great Cup this has been! Spain vs Paraguay was a real thriller, Maradona's boys got their asses handed to them by "Jerries", and Ghana had a tragic ending against Uruguay. Great drama.

So I bet the finale will be Germany vs Holland. Germany will most likely win, but of course nothing is certain in football.

Thats kinda taken the wind out of Olham's Sails I bet.

Well done Spain, a great victory indeed!

Holland - Spain

Should be a good final

WM: Thats kinda taken the wind out of Olham's Sails I bet.

Did I appear like a ship under full sails, Widow? Only because I repeatedly said, that the

German team played a very good football? Well, I still think they do.

But we saw today, that the Spanish team played even better - they played it with a routine,

that our young team is yet missing. And I saw, that our team had a deep (perhaps too deep)

respect from the Spanish. Not without good reason - these Spaniards are actually the best

football team in this World Cup. I do not see much of a chance for the Dutch team.

Spain will be World Champion - and truly deserved!

Sorry Olham..I probably came across as sounding flippant!

Yes, the German team are very young still...and I think will be utterly formidable next time around.

It's nice to see two teams such as Spain and Holland in the final, instead of the Brazil/Germany we often get though :drinks:

Guess it had to be Spain given they won the European Championship, and they played to their strengths to combat the German counter attack. Basically Spain kept the ball - hard to win without it. I am sure the stats lie though it said 58% to 42% when it felt like 80-20. Your guys were good through the tournament though Olham and no doubt will be winning something soon.

Not sure what finals YOU were watching, Widowmaker, but there was only 1 Final with Brasil vs Germany. :banned:

Well, I didn't know all this - I had to google it, but you see, that we only played Brasil once in a Cup Final.

And the Italians won one more than us; the Brasilians even two.

1954: Germany - Hungary

1966: England - Germany

1974: Germany - Netherlands

1982: Italy - Germany

1986: Argentinia - Germany

1990: Germany - Argentinia

2002: Brasil - Germany

WORLD CUP CHAMPIONS

2006 Italy

2002 Brasil

1998 France

1994 Brasil

1990 Germany

1986 Argentinia

1982 Italy

1978 Argentinia

1974 Germany (BRD)

1970 Brasil

1966 England

1962 Brasil

1958 Brasil

1954 Germany (BRD)

1950 Uruguay

1938 Italy

1934 Italy

1930 Uruguay

That makes 5 for Brasil, 4 for Italy, 3 for Germany, 2 for Argentinia and Uruguay, 1 for England and France

The benefits of Internet...

Edited by Olham

Spain were the kings last night. They really played well.

I should have poisoned their food during the day at their training camp in Potchestroom. Olham told me not too. Next time listen to me my friend.

Its good for my home town and office (high performance institute for sport) their training camp.

M

Not sure what finals YOU were watching, Widowmaker, but there was only 1 Final with Brasil vs Germany. :banned:

Well, I didn't know all this - I had to google it, but you see, that we only played Brasil once in a Cup Final.

And the Italians won one more than us; the Brasilians even two.

1954: Germany - Hungary

1966: England - Germany

1974: Germany - Netherlands

1982: Italy - Germany

1986: Argentinia - Germany

1990: Germany - Argentinia

2002: Brasil - Germany

WORLD CUP CHAMPIONS

2014 SCOTLAND. :drinks:

2010 Spain or Netherlands.

2006 Italy

2002 Brasil

1998 France

1994 Brasil

1990 Germany

1986 Argentinia

1982 Italy

1978 Argentinia

1974 Germany (BRD)

1970 Brasil

1966 England

1962 Brasil

1958 Brasil

1954 Germany (BRD)

1950 Uruguay

1938 Italy

1934 Italy

1930 Uruguay

That makes 5 for Brasil, 4 for Italy, 3 for Germany, 2 for Argentinia and Uruguay, 1 for England and France

The benefits of Internet...

:grin:I have a dream.....

The best team really won last night. Germany was surprisingly helpless against the Spanish - they had a few good opportunities, but then missed them completely. Really tough trying to penetrate the Spanish defence, no wonder so few goals have been made against them.

The Dutch are facing quite a challenge in the finale. But I'll be very surprised if Germany doesn't manage to beat Uruguay.